Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Tech Live @ the 2005 US Indoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

No wonder the Vegas race will be KING next year!!

EA
VIVA!!! LAS VEGAS !!!!!!

and the King is still alive there !! thank ya thank ya very much
Old 11-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Its was a Great race.. But what was up with ride hight i ran 4.5mm all week and passed tech intill Sunday when it was 4.7mm rule..

-b
Old 11-29-2005, 09:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Like I said before.....It is not Dave Johnsons fault....I would have never have asked him to step down...its not mine or Jons place to ask that...it is the race directors fault...if you start something continue with it...thats all Im saying....its like the OLD NORRCA....rules changed as the race went on.....I just wish all races could be run like Vegas was....On time,tech was the same every single time through it,and after every race cars were teched....all I have to say is Jaime is awesome!

Dave J. if you read all this, I think you did an awesome job this past weekend and noone can ever take that away from you,BTW...nice pass...lol

Barry
Old 11-30-2005, 01:00 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally Posted by EddieO
I owe Joe a steak dinner (probably a couple lap dances too....)..
Someone snap a pic of Eddie giving Pillars a lap dance, I want to put it in the magazine!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Jake's 3rd qualifier he ran a 25 5:09 which would have put him in the B. The announcer told him while he was finishing that the system did not get his last lap but that he would take care of it. After round 3 I went to them and made sure it was going to be taken care of and they said it was on the correction sheet and it would be corrected. Before they set the mains I checked with scoring and they said they weren't gonna give him his laps. They told me there were 5 other complaints and if they gave Jake his laps they had to give them to everyone. Needless to say he was in the E. He ran his main because that is what Mike Reedy always told him that is what you do. He drove consistently all weekend and didn't deserve the poor treatment he received.

If MR. BILL is the race promoter next year I do not think we will be back.

Ernie should hire Scotty to promote this race then we could have a real triple crown, Vegas, Cleveland and the Snowbirds and a true national champion. If we have to choose for our racing budget it will be Vegas for us.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

EA, this is why after going to this race for the last 13 years, I decided to skip it this year & I didn't miss it. It's not the same as it was in the early 90's. You have to have rules & stand by them. There were a lot of regulars that were not on the list this year. Looking forward to Novak & Vegas 06!
R.W.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I would like to take this time and opportunity to thank some people:

First I would like to thank my sponsors--JR Racing,SMC,Jaco,Protoform,Team Losi,CRC,DC Motorsports,PRS,Unreal Graphics,Dynamite,Kevin my painter,Zubak's Speed Juice,Bud's,Spintec,CoolCanFans,Niftech traction compound,Tre's Leonard,Rubberneck bumpers,TeamButter----------THANK YOU

Second would be Mike Pulfer, who is one awesome chassis man--THANK YOU
also CONGRATULATIONS on finally TQ'ing and winning one for the gipper.

Third would have to be MR. BILL and everyone behind the scenes that make this race happen. This race is very difficult to plan,organize and execute for the amount of people and competition that has made this race for 26 years one of the best events held annually.-----THANK YOU
Old 11-30-2005, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You da man Eli. Congrats on your wins! Again!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default Orr/Dave Johnson

Guys this was a really tough decision by the committee at the race. I was not in that group and had no vote....but what I was told was that Jon's transponder did not work all week....so everyone (especially Jon knew this). From what I heard....he just moved it in different locations but never changed it (which I personally think should have been done). The committee told me they had offered to lend him one. Also after all of this.....in the heat after in 1/12th mod....Jon did not count again......(ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS IS WHAT WAS TOLD TO ME).....
It was a bad spot to be in no matter for Jon Orr (who is a great driver) and for Dave Johnson (who showed he was a great driver finishing fourth).
I think (?) in the driver's meeting and the booklet the club said it was the "responsibility of the driver to have his laps counted with the personal transponder and the club would not be responsible for counting laps"
Also from what I heard....if they added a lap to Jon's total to make 25 they had no way of getting the seconds and hundreds of a seconds...to get the exact time...the race was this close
Again...I am not commenting on who is right and who is wrong....just stating what was told to me.......Barry nice pass on Matt...lol
Old 11-30-2005, 04:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default Race Comments

I can sense frustration with some of the comments made and I too was frustrated with some of the things that occured (lack of trophy presentation etc) but one thing to remember...this race has been going on for 26 years and is the most prestigious race to win outside of a World Championship.
I did not know go to Vegas (because I was having surgery) but from what I have heard...it was first class all the way (the only way Scotty does things) but that being said....we still need Cleveland. At this point we need big races and history for our sport......so frustration left aside I do not want to see any race not be popular after this much history
Anything can be corrected...it just takes time and money. Lets get together next year a few months before the race and get a list together and what everyone wants changed and I will try and see what I can do....

See you all at the Birds I hope....
Old 11-30-2005, 05:00 AM
Tech Adept

Congratulations Eli, good race!

Thanks
Old 11-30-2005, 05:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Hey everyone,

I know its been along time since I have been on here....but I have been very busy.....

I had a great time at the race even though the results did show at the end of the event....

To the track crew...it was a bit bumpy but you did the best you could do to smooth it out and I thank you all for your efforts..

To the annoucing crew great job...

Nash...thanks for the cams and the great job on the computer results...

Now for the races....

I know I have never hidden under any false screen names and I still will not when I have a complaint about something....

what happened after the last round of TC was ridiculous....Jon Orr was having problems counting in his car all weekend....he tried everything they told him to do...in the last round he missed one lap in the middle of the run but it got every other lap including the last lap....they gave him his laps every other round but how come not this round? we will never know...Only Mr. Bill will know...I dont take anything away from Dave Johnson he drove great all weekend but Jon Orr deserved to be in the main he ran the time and was not given it when right after the race they told him it would be taken care of then it wasnt because of why...we dont know...but the time that was taken for him was from the day before that put him in the B(where that time was given 4 laps he didnt count)explain that......I dont think anyone here even heard of all the stuff that was going on after that race because people didnt want all you to know...but I do know if I was 10th and not just because he is a teammate but he RAN a time that should have been inthe main...I would have given up my spot because I was 11th quickest.....not taking anything away from DJ(he did finish 4th)....but when you do something all weekend as a race director you need to keep doing it not just when you feel like it(or someone says not to change it)....

Thats just my .02$...........I beleive Jon Orr should feel very good about his actions when all this went down cuz I know the races would not have happened if that stuff would have been told to me after I tried all weekend to make the main and I did but was told that because My transponder didnt count 1 out of 25 laps(right in the middle of the run) the lap wasnt gunna be counted....Come on!....

Jon this is not only from your friend or teammate.but because I really feel....YOU DESERVED TO BE IN THE MAIN......

any comments I will answer in a professional way......because the people who werent there deserve to know the truth...

Barry
Hi Barry, it was nice to meet you at the Reedy Race at the NEC Birmingham over here in the UK a while back.

It's bad news to hear about Jon's lap counting problems, missed laps with PT's is something we know about over here in the UK and my company (MRT) have developed the "Bug Booster" to solve power related problems with PT's. It's worked for many drivers in the UK especially ones racing in modified where the problems seem to show up most often.

I'm not sure if you have the answer to why Jon had problems, but I just thought maybe I'd let you guys know that there is a solution and Jon is not the only one to lose out by having missed laps especially his last lap which can't be corrected by just adding a lap.

Nobody wants to have missed laps at any time, least of all at a big race meeting.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
My transponder didnt count 1 out of 25 laps(right in the middle of the run)
Barry,

I don't know all the detail of what happened (just what I see posted here).

However, if one lap was missed during the middle of the run AND everyone who was watching the race (including the announcer) know's about it, it sould have counted (due to the fact that no time would be missed by this).

If the last or first lap didn't count, then it's a difficult situation. Many of the A-main drivers were only seperated by 1/10th's and adding the first or last lap could be a problem.

Was Jon Orr's transponder changed? Or just moved around?
Old 11-30-2005, 06:18 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ddesros2 is correct....

As long as it was not the first or last lap, the "TOTAL" time is the same....

Just add a lap, no time adjustment needed.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:21 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rick Worth
EA, this is why after going to this race for the last 13 years, I decided to skip it this year & I didn't miss it. It's not the same as it was in the early 90's. You have to have rules & stand by them. There were a lot of regulars that were not on the list this year. Looking forward to Novak & Vegas 06!
R.W.
I've skipped this race the last 2 years as well because of simular problems with consistency. Last time I raced there I qualified in the B-main Mod sedan; with a Mission no less...LOL The car cleared tech after my race, I followed the postings until the end of qualifying and there I was 5th in the B-main. Then the final board was posted early a.m. and now I'm in the C main I ask Mr. Bill why the C main from the B and he didn't know, so I pushed for more answers and a few minutes later he said I was under weight in the last round and was DQ'd ....Everyone knows thats not possible with a Mission/foam tires Anyway, he tells me it's on the tech sheet and proceeds to show me...Guess what, it's not on the sheet and my name was checked cleared!!! He tells me he personally remembers my car being DQ'd (out of 400plus entries) and sorry it's just to late to change it....Have a good nite!

ErnieP....Keeping the race is a necessity as the race is part of R/C history (my first year was 92') and Mr. Bill should still host the race, but as the major sponsor it would be in your best interest to make sure they have a proper tech (qualified people), proper awards etc etc. Why have rules if not inforced (batteries, stock/19turn motors, roof height etc)

Good to see you back attending R/C events and see at the Birds!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.