R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-29-2005, 12:30 PM   #466
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Ace
I don't know Ian, you don't look like you have missed too much turkey in your lifetime...

(The only reason I can say that is because I have missed even less turkey than he has)
Missed ya at the Champs Bro. I haven't missed much Turkey, just sorry I missed that one.....
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:41 PM   #467
Tech Regular

Yari, what's op? Good run at the Champs. R.W.
Rick Worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:42 PM   #468
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Congratulations to Mr. Pulfer in 1/12th stock! Man oh man it's been a long time coming, but it couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Hope to see you again soon Mikey.

Mike King
Schuie Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:48 PM   #469
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisP

One of the coolest thing about a big race like this, where everyone(for the most part) is staying on-site is getting to meet the different people you read about, or that you correspond with on here...

I was able to meet and chat with Paul Lemieux and Matt Francis at different times in the elevator...Latif in the Trinity booth and had nice chats with Curtis Schlaht and Josh Cyrul in their rooms...

It was great to see just how friendly and professional everyone was!!

Special thanks go out to my good buddy Darko for planting himself into the boards on purpose to clear the way for Josh in his A-main qualifying run and getting our crew the invite up to shoot the breeze..
Old 11-29-2005, 12:54 PM   #470
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

What bodies were the most popular this year. It looks like Paul was running a Losi Alpha?
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:02 PM   #471
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
What bodies were the most popular this year. It looks like Paul was running a Losi Alpha?
There were a LOT of G6's this year-but I'd guess that the Parma Alfa is still the majority from what I saw.

I suppose this has already been mentioned, but I dont recall-how FREAKING awesome is it that Stock guys Ray Darroch and Dave Johnson stepped it up and POW-two Solid A-Main Mod runs. Dave even made his presence known in the A-main by showing the fender to Barry.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:16 PM   #472
Tech Addict

T.M.I.!!!

-Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhuang
HeRRmaNN. Now famous at the Champs for having soft hands!!!
RichChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:18 PM   #473
Tech Regular

Oh so this answers my dilema how a v2 tear down was up front in such a competetive race, we usually only see official Peak or Orion V2's winning races, and it's the same case over here. Pity I thought finally a motor tuner managed to get these buggers to work up to par to the official Orion ones.

No offence meant to any motor tuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
And to be clear on something.....Orion provided the motor used for Dumas's victory....they offered up a better wind they had that was more suited to the track and Joe offered to tune the motors all weekend
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:21 PM   #474
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhuang
There were a LOT of G6's this year-but I'd guess that the Parma Alfa is still the majority from what I saw.

I suppose this has already been mentioned, but I dont recall-how FREAKING awesome is it that Stock guys Ray Darroch and Dave Johnson stepped it up and POW-two Solid A-Main Mod runs. Dave even made his presence known in the A-main by showing the fender to Barry.
Ray Darroch was never really a stock guy, he just followed what many believe to be the logical progression from CONSISTENT stock A-main finisher, to Mod racer. Ray is an unbelieveable talent, who I feel is among the best "natural" wheels EVER in the hobby/sport. DJ is just flat out smooth and knows his game.

It is great to see them both having such great success.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:51 PM   #475
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Curtis Schlaht

Had a blast this past weekend, and WOW, there was some great racing ….

Dayger: You’re da freakin man brotha!!!! Congrats on the win!!! The pass you made on Cuffs was SPECTACULAR, and the radio toss was AWESOME (Hodapp got that on video BTW)

Paul/Jim: You guys were on point this weekend, simply amazing!!! 2 weekends with the new car, makes me wonder what’s gona happen at the birds …. Congrats!!!

Congrats to Dave and Ray for making the mod touring A-Main, these guys are wicked fast!!!! Keep up the good work gentlemen, look forward seeing you guys in other mod mains this year

AS for the DC crew, I’d like to thank/congratulate Eli for his Tq’s and wins in the masters stock TC and stock 12th classes. Thanks for putting DC on the podium …. I would also like to thank/congratulate Andrew Ellis for his stellar performance this past weekend, qualifying 3rd in touring stock and 4th in 12th stock respectfully… Keep up the good work guys….

Curtis,
Curtis Schlaht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:53 PM   #476
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
Paulie was using a Parma Alfa.
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:56 PM   #477
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisP

I think that slick paint shaved a couple tenths off his lap times
Old 11-29-2005, 02:45 PM   #478
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Putnam
Dale Epp had the coolest sweatshirt in the building...next to my TEO shirt...

DIRT- Represent
G-Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:33 PM   #479
Tech Fanatic

Hey everyone,

I know its been along time since I have been on here....but I have been very busy.....

I had a great time at the race even though the results did show at the end of the event....

To the track crew...it was a bit bumpy but you did the best you could do to smooth it out and I thank you all for your efforts..

To the annoucing crew great job...

Nash...thanks for the cams and the great job on the computer results...

Now for the races....

I know I have never hidden under any false screen names and I still will not when I have a complaint about something....

what happened after the last round of TC was ridiculous....Jon Orr was having problems counting in his car all weekend....he tried everything they told him to do...in the last round he missed one lap in the middle of the run but it got every other lap including the last lap....they gave him his laps every other round but how come not this round? we will never know...Only Mr. Bill will know...I dont take anything away from Dave Johnson he drove great all weekend but Jon Orr deserved to be in the main he ran the time and was not given it when right after the race they told him it would be taken care of then it wasnt because of why...we dont know...but the time that was taken for him was from the day before that put him in the B(where that time was given 4 laps he didnt count)explain that......I dont think anyone here even heard of all the stuff that was going on after that race because people didnt want all you to know...but I do know if I was 10th and not just because he is a teammate but he RAN a time that should have been inthe main...I would have given up my spot because I was 11th quickest.....not taking anything away from DJ(he did finish 4th)....but when you do something all weekend as a race director you need to keep doing it not just when you feel like it(or someone says not to change it)....

Thats just my .02$...........I beleive Jon Orr should feel very good about his actions when all this went down cuz I know the races would not have happened if that stuff would have been told to me after I tried all weekend to make the main and I did but was told that because My transponder didnt count 1 out of 25 laps(right in the middle of the run) the lap wasnt gunna be counted....Come on!....

Jon this is not only from your friend or teammate.but because I really feel....YOU DESERVED TO BE IN THE MAIN......

any comments I will answer in a professional way......because the people who werent there deserve to know the truth...

Barry
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:34 PM   #480
Tech Addict

G-Dizzle: Na, it was a Bicknell Motorsports sweatshirt. Pete Bicknell is an old friend from grade school days. He's wins a bunch on the DIRT Series (for many years now) and has one of the most successfull race car fab shops in the north east. From parts to turn-key "east coast modifieds" - painted, lettered, chromed & anodized, they do it all. I was a "tin folder" there for a few months in 1991 just before starting Pf.

Dale
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote