Search

R/C Tech Live @ the 2005 US Indoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 06:04 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mdoc
I agree, the 04 is still a great car, the fact that you dont have to run split battery packs alone is a good enough reason to switch as far as Im concerned lol I dont think its as much a keep up with the jones,s thing, as it is, if you dont make something new and improved now and then, your eventually gonna run out of customers.....
Yeah true also. I agree the new cars keep guys running and purchasing new stuff. It is tiring sometimes trying to keep up. I should know better after all these years but I sometimes feel like I need to buy the newest car to keep up even though in my mind I know this not to be true. Oh well part of the game. Still lots of fun. Run any car you want but have fun.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:08 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I think Craig Xavier ran the JRXS in stock configuration and was in the A in stock and I think middle of the B in 19T. I know the few times I saw him on carpet he ran the standard car and was really dialed in with it.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

MDoc, "wadded panties" LOL, none here, just enjoying the hypocrisy in some of the posts. Alot from racers trying to prove they bought the best car and hoping some other driver can prove it rather then doing it themselves. All funny stuff to me, I don't presently own stock in any R/C company.

If your interested, see the signature for a list of my loyalty.

, Jim
Old 11-28-2005, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Apparently there is a '06 Xray coming. Did anybody see or hear of one running at this race ?
Old 11-28-2005, 07:20 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Altrodesigns
Congrats to Kevin Herbert. 2nd in 19turn A-main. Man that kid is talented!!!
Yes this kid is AWESOME to be so young. Losi and Pole Position have one hell of a wheel up and coming!!

Im just glad he was running a 19 turn tuned by me in the main

EA
Old 11-28-2005, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Come to the JRXS and I will personally make you a set of PK brackets and get you the hooked set-up my boy! C'mon-ya know you want to? LOL

Brant

Brant-I ran your PookT bars on my JRXS. My car was super-silly-stupid dialed. I let it down every run by tapping away 4 to 7 seconds a run....I SUCK!! but the car was awesome!!
Old 11-28-2005, 07:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
Paul Lemieux won with the new Cobalt teardown and Mike Dumas won 12th scale with the V2 teardwon. When Toso won it wasn't with the Checkpoint teardown. What did the Checkpoint teardown win ? Maybe a few offroad races where motor isn't a factor. I'm sure it's a decent teardown but you need to chill.Your a good racer but you should stay out of the politics involved in RC.
Danny-
MIKE DUMAS 40 8:04.07 Brood
JAKE PRITCHARD 40 8:05.74 Team Checkpoint

1.67 seconds apart after 8 minutes. Looks like the Checkpoint stuff is not that far off.

AND-
Are you the hall monitor of the RC political scene? Is the world of RC politics only reserved for people like yourself?

Cheers
Old 11-28-2005, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Another young gun on the rise is Mike Haynes from Surge. Kevin and Mike did a great job this weekend competing among the best in the country. I salute both of you for keeping your cool under extreme pressure.

Good Luck with your Racing Programs!!
Old 11-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Team Putnam Propulson's Jeff Dayger Wins the US Indoor Champs in Cleveland!!!

Starting from 8th on the grid, Jeff Dayger put in one of the most incredible drives I've ever witnessed. After qualifying deep in 8th, Jeff looked to his team mates at Corrally for some chassis help. He felt his car was off a bit, and after a major overhaul and rebuilding from the ground up by Chris Tossolini and Rob Michaels, he set down an entirely new animal for for the main...but his work was cut out for him.
After clearing the 2nd thru 7th palce cars, he had to run down TQ Jeff Cuffs who had stretched out about a full straightaway lead. In an incredible driving display, he was able to do just that, and pass him for the lead with about a minute remaining. It was an awesome dog fight for about 3 laps between Cuffs and Dayger before Dayger was able to pass him and get away for his first US Indoor Champs Title in Touring Stock.

Congrats to Jeff Dayger on an awesome job! I gotta thank Chris Tossolini, Rob Michaels,Mo Denton, Jeff Cuffs and the rest of Team Corrally for helping Dayger get his car sorted out for one of the most exciting victories I've witnessed.

Now, I'll apologize in advance for the info-mercial. I used our latest release, Putnam Propulsion #EFB-190-C brush combination, in conjunction with our yet to be released comm drops in Jeff's Touring Car handout motor as well as in Mo Denton's handout motor. Mo qualified 4th and finished 9th, and was a huge asset as well. Thanks again guys!!!

Congratulations to all the winners, it was a tight field and even tighter racing.
Oh, and a HUGE Thankyou to Jim Hermann for catching Jeff Dayger's radio after he threw it in his post-race celebration!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congrats to all the winners. Great driving displays by all. It was a fun champs, like always.

Todd,
Gone fishin'...reel in that 10 pounder!
Old 11-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thats Great Todd, where can we get EFB-190-C brush?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Todd Putnam
Oh, and a HUGE Thankyou to Jim Hermann for catching Jeff Dayger's radio after he threw it in his post-race celebration!!!
Now that's funny.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G-Dizzle
Danny-
MIKE DUMAS 40 8:04.07 Brood
JAKE PRITCHARD 40 8:05.74 Team Checkpoint

1.67 seconds apart after 8 minutes. Looks like the Checkpoint stuff is not that far off.

AND-
Are you the hall monitor of the RC political scene? Is the world of RC politics only reserved for people like yourself?

Cheers
I never said that Checkpoint teardowns aren't competitive. In fact it's a great teardown.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Isn't it funny that all the teardowns need to be rewound by other shops to be competitive? Brood, Putnam, Custom works....etc....
Old 11-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

great race but for the bumps on the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.