Search

traction compound

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default traction compound

hey guys ,
i was just wondering if ne one could help me with a mixture or some sort of easy traction adding formula for foam and rubber tyres . if you could PLEASE help me i would love to know some sort of juice or home made mixture to add traction to foam or rubber tyres
thanx
robbie
Old 10-28-2002, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

why not just use some paragon? it works the best for smooth asphalt. peaches.

-reflekt
Old 10-29-2002, 12:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Problem is that I believe that paragon is not imported to Australia, and my friend here is looking for some cheap alternative to buying some Paragon from the US or Japan...
But reflekt, your right paragon is the way to go...
Old 10-29-2002, 12:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

try WD-40. no mixing needed, just buy a can at the hardware store and apply them on your tires. to be honest, i have not tried them personally coz i use Paragon, but a number of team drivers actually use the stuff so it must work. i may try it out at one of the upcoming races.
Old 10-29-2002, 12:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

I know WD-40 works on Rubbers and I have suggested it to Mr4tc, But how does it work on foams?
Old 10-29-2002, 01:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

sorry, i cant really say. like i said, i havnt even tried itmyself. a good resource would be todd hodge of losi /trinity. he has a thread running at trinity tech talk where you can ask him. i think he has had some experience with using WD-40 if im not mistaken (im not sure so dont quote me on it) so it might be worth a shot to ask him. he's very accomodating and gives good advise.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

What about wintergreen oil? It's the main ingredent in my Corally traction compound. There're 3 type of Corally traction compound and only the strongest type have the wintergreen and bad smell.

I had read many times that the sun tan lotion will work too. Can't remember if it work on foam or rubber. I'm considering to try it with my 12th foam tyre. The Corally solution make my tyre too soft.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

wd-40, motor spray and simple green are all good for rubbers. sun tan lotion on foams. i have tried these but personally run the trinity death grip foam and rubber formulas on my tires which you can get here in australia. orion works well and is easy to get but the spray bottle is a bit of a pain.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Traction Compound

Hey guys I am here in Kansas City Missouri, we have a carpet track going up and I do not want the strong smell of winter green. I was told that there is a compound that has no smell to it and works well. LMK if you all can help. Oh and check out our Asphalt track.www.seidkracing.com LMK what you all think. Will have pics. of the Carpet track soon.THanks Eric.B SEIDKRacing.K.C.Mo.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default No Smell!!!!!

The best "no smell" traction compound out is the Corally "Jack The Gripper" Many of the carpet tracks around the U.S. have changed to this compound. It has about as much smell as kerosene. One tip with using it is to make sure you wipe the tires very well before your run. The traction also stays long into the run. You can order it online at www.corallyusa.com or have you local hobby shop get it direct from Corally U.S.A. or HRP Distributing.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

30 SPF sunblock works well on foams, WD-40 is also supposed to work on foams but I haven't tried it myself, I have been using Trinity Zip Free, it works good still stinks but the smell goes away fast unlike the wintergreen products
Old 10-29-2002, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Here in Japan At most of the tracks that I go to they use Mighty Gripper II ...It works just as good as the Pargon ...just without the wintergreen smell
Old 10-29-2002, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

LACQUER THINNER WORKS PRETTY WELL. GETS YOU HIGH TOO!
Old 10-29-2002, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ausracer
wd-40, motor spray and simple green are all good for rubbers. sun tan lotion on foams. i have tried these but personally run the trinity death grip foam and rubber formulas on my tires which you can get here in australia. orion works well and is easy to get but the spray bottle is a bit of a pain.
Yeah the Orion is not bad.....use it for my 1/12 scale foams.
Just take that spray pump off to apply it...
Old 10-29-2002, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default WD on foams

I use it on foams. The effect is more subtle than other compounds like paragon. Some foam compound react better than others. Works well with the standard TRC or corally green compound. Also works very well with certain high rubber compounds such pink or purple but effect may vary. One thing I like about it is that it doesnt soften the foam much(unless you soak for very long) and the doesnt build up after many runs.
Anyone tried WD40 on foams? Lets hear from you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.