R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-16-2005, 10:27 PM   #31
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

just use the new TC4 battery strapping kit.

HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 10:55 PM   #32
Tech Master

I like tape....If someone won you to the line,you could still reuse the tape on the hairs on his legs.... Just kidding...

Personally,I prefer tape.Cause its lighter.Most current tourers having cells to one side has already made it very heavy on the battery side and having shrinking electronics that we use,I see it important to have a R & L balance.

Thats how I feel...
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 12:20 AM   #33
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats true, but when you have to add 100grams of weight to make the weight requirements (at least where I am), you can distribute it to get the L R balance, even with the battery strap.
Smash 'EM! F1 Racing: WA's Home of Fun in Formula 1 RC Motorsport.
Birky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:08 AM   #34
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Originally Posted by dontfeelcold
I used tape for the first time on my Cyclone the other day. I hate it compared to using a battery strap. I never had problems with my 04 Xray with the battery straps causing it to tweak. But I have had problems with my Pro4 and tweak and I use a battery strap. I might give the tape with the Pro4 a go.

I dont like the fact that tape tears the labels on the cells. Any tips to avoid this apart from reheat shrinking the cells?

I want to make myself a battery strap for my cyclone (from black nylon). Make it very thin with bits that hang off the side of the strap to stop the cells from ejecting. This way you dont need to clamp the cells in.
If you have PRO 4....isn't the kit came with a battery guard that you can mount it to the side of the batteries and prevent the batteries fly out...?
When I was running the Pro 4...my batteries flew out 2 times...because I put the strap on with only 1 body clip, and did that 2 times in 1 day............
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:59 AM   #35
Tech Adept

My first TC was a Pro4.I used the battery strap that came with the kit.Not only did my batteries fly out in a crash, the chassis had a bad tweak . That is when I went to tape.
I NEVER lost another battery in the Pro4 and have yet to eject one in my FK05!!!
The last thing you want is to have a battery come out.Things get all nasty.(smell colour etc..)
Cool thing to see if it's not YOUR car!!!
Also seen some batteries bring the esc and receiver along with them.
Tape for me all the way.
Twin-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 08:45 AM   #36
Tech Apprentice

I use fiberglass strapping tape, and it costs about .99 cents per roll. THis is the strongest tape I have ever used in my life, and the stickiest.
jasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:58 AM   #37
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jasong
I use fiberglass strapping tape, and it costs about .99 cents per roll. THis is the strongest tape I have ever used in my life, and the stickiest.
Ditto. I'm old school and this is what I used 10 years ago before this fancy resuable stuff was around. Still works perfect for me.

To all the people whinning about taping, it's realy easy with a little practice.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 12:05 PM   #38
Tech Regular
Send a message via MSN to Ali Graham Send a message via Yahoo to Ali Graham

I can't believe you guys are calling tape overpriced at $12! Over here in the UK a roll of the xennon/trickbits stuff costs 12.99, which is about $22
Mirage Racing | Team Xray | Nosram | Atsushi Hara Racing Products | Team Orion | Hudy | Apex Models | Much More Racing | Exit13 | NinjaGraffix | ali303.8.dtiblog.com
Ali Graham is offline   Reply With Quote