SWorkz CX11 electric touring car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWorkz CX11 electric touring car

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

533 USD? They must be out of their minds. Don't get me wrong, the car looks great, but the kit is overpriced by at least a hundred dollars. On the same website you can get a T4 2016 with an extra top plate for 474$, and... it's an Xray, not some east-asian brand that's new to the TC game.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just received one from a friend in Japan! Will post some pictures soon.

Originally Posted by heretic
533 USD? They must be out of their minds. Don't get me wrong, the car looks great, but the kit is overpriced by at least a hundred dollars. On the same website you can get a T4 2016 with an extra top plate for 474$, and... it's an Xray, not some east-asian brand that's new to the TC game.
It is not a cheap car, but in all fairness it is not east-Asian, but Japanese, and is not from a company that is new to the game but from Sworkz a well known and respected off road Rc company.

Price is comparable to a yokomo or other Japanese brands and it includes more optional parts like floating servo mount.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by atomic garden
It is not a cheap car, but in all fairness it is not east-Asian, but Japanese, and is not from a company that is new to the game but from Sworkz a well known and respected off road Rc company.
Last time I checked Japan was in East Asia. And I doubt (although I have no info on this) that their car is manufactured in Japan. Plus I said "new to the TC game": It is their first TC, and as far as I know they don't have any world class driver on their line-up.

Price is comparable to a yokomo or other Japanese brands and it includes more optional parts like floating servo mount.
Bd7 2016 with floating servo mount is 480$ on aforementioned website. As close as it gets to an apples vs apples comparison. I rest my case. Sworkz TC is overpriced.

I just received one from a friend in Japan! Will post some pictures soon.
Looking forward to seeing your pics!
Old 05-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Arms supports back to the bulkheads... huh, probably good for the flex, but I'm quite sure that everybody else abandon this solution, it should be a good reason...

Find it also a little bit overpriced...

And, because I'm a very bad troll and I'm sorry for that, first line of the article on WIkipedia:
"Japan (Japanese: 日本 Nippon [nip̚põ̞ɴ] or Nihon [nihõ̞ɴ]; formally 日本国 About this sound Nippon-koku or Nihon-koku, "State of Japan") is an island country in East Asia."
Old 05-02-2016, 04:18 AM
Tech Adept

I don't really disagree, it is an expensive car, but it's comparable to other Japanese cars. Tamiya and yokomo have been around the same price with slight variations each year.

I also agree your geography skills or Wikipedia skills are impeccable! But no one would call a yokomo or a Tamiya "some east-asian car" with a negative implication.

The arms are on the bulkhead like the the Capricorn, but with inserts like the X-ray.
It has a low centre of gravity like the yokomo, but with decently mounted sway bars. The aluminium is very nice, it has a metallic graphite look to it. And looks very cool.

I would not dismiss the bulkhead arms too soon, in 2015 cars most companies moved away from short shocks only to have them return in 2016. So maybe they found a good way to do this. They have been testing the car for a very long time now. Who has done this before beside the Capricorn?
Old 05-06-2016, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

gear diff feels smooth and closes with 2mm hex screws

aluminium looks very nice, metallic dark grey colour:

floating servo mount and floating steering, kind of disappointing that the arms are not in aluminium :/

Arms and the blocks with inserts to attach them to the bulkheads, front is wider with C blocks all around, the back is little less wide and has toe in with A en B blocks:

sway bar is mounted with flanged bearings very easy to set up:

still waiting for 400 shock oil to arrive to build the shocks will update when i have, should be able to run it Thursday can`t wait!

if anyone has any questions or want to see some other detail please ask me.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I don't really disagree, it is an expensive car, but it's comparable to other Japanese cars. Tamiya and yokomo have been around the same price with slight variations each year.

I also agree your geography skills or Wikipedia skills are impeccable! But no one would call a yokomo or a Tamiya "some east-asian car" with a negative implication.

The arms are on the bulkhead like the the Capricorn, but with inserts like the X-ray.
It has a low centre of gravity like the yokomo, but with decently mounted sway bars. The aluminium is very nice, it has a metallic graphite look to it. And looks very cool.

I would not dismiss the bulkhead arms too soon, in 2015 cars most companies moved away from short shocks only to have them return in 2016. So maybe they found a good way to do this. They have been testing the car for a very long time now. Who has done this before beside the Capricorn?

Xray T1 series and T2 series had bulkhead mounted suspension a decade ago.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

ran it for the first time yesterday , went very well,
noproblems and the basic setup and silver springs felt good from the first lap.

i am not good enough as a driver to make big conclusions, but it felt easier to drive and more stable than my bd7 2015.

i like the shocks and springs a lot:
Old 05-17-2016, 04:49 AM
Tech Rookie

I see the kits at rcmart and rcmarket... but not a lot of spares. Anyone know where to get parts?
Old 05-17-2016, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

europe: http://www.mwrccars.com
Japan with worldwide shipping: http://www.sworkz.jp/SHOP/152974/157226/list.html
Old 05-17-2016, 10:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks =)

I took the plunge and ordered one. It'll be here in 3 days. The smart money may have gone towards a BD7 or T4, but there was something hauntingly cool about the CX11. It's such an elegant design! I like the swaybar setup. There appear to be very few screws into the bottom deck because of the neat integrated floating servo/steering, and how the arms attach to bulkheads. There are neat slots in the deck for taping side-to-side across the battery instead of lengthwise. I guess that will allow more symmetric chassis flex (I haven't seen that before). The motor/center-pulley/spur area is very tidy and looks like it'll take small spurs without any customization (I've had to modify several cars to achieve 17.5 and 21.5 gearing). All-in-all, I'm pretty excited.

I'll post my experiences as they come, and look forward to reading others'!
Old 05-19-2016, 08:33 AM
Tech Rookie

In the meantime atomic_garden...

What weight did the build come in at? Our club has just reduced min weight to 1350g.

What class are you racing?

Did your kit come with more than 1 set of springs? I ask because the SMJ facebook page says "The new SWORKz/SMJ CX11 1/10 EP touring car is now shipping...! This international package includes extra SMJ pink and gold short spring sets in the kit. The original kit comes with short silver SMJ springs."

Does the kit come with a few different swaybars?
Old 05-19-2016, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

i am running 10.5T, blinky no timing. fdr 5.4 or 5.8

the kit came with only the silver springs, but i got mine from a friend in Japan, so i don't have the international package.

no different swaybars are included, front is 1.3mm rear is 1.2mm

i will put my car on the scales when i get home tonight and let you know.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:34 AM
Tech Adept

my car is 1365g with muchmore stock esc, muchmore 10.5T, 6300LiPo (310g) and a normal ltc-r body and volante tires
Old 05-20-2016, 06:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool.

I just noticed that the kit spring has almost exactly the same stiffness as the old HPI silver (from the Cyclone and Pro4). That was progressive too, and it was so good that it developed a bit of a cult following around here =). Perhaps a little bit of HPI-silver magic followed Masayuki Miura to SMJ!! If so it'll be the only spring I ever need =)

1001 SILVER LINE SPRING TS2.8 (Short/Blue) 280 (gf/mm) 15.7 (lb/inch)
1002 SILVER LINE SPRING TS3.0 (Short/Silver) 301 (gf/mm) 16.9 (lb/inch)
1003 SILVER LINE SPRING TS3.2 (Short/Pink) 324 (gf/mm) 18.2 (lb/inch)

The weight looks okay. I suppose a lightweight shell and some titanium would put it way under.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.