Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T1R or ????

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 10:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Default XRAY T1R or ????

Hi Guys,

I am a Middle Aged newbie, first time look at RC, I have done my home work and the best bang for my buck seems to be the XRAY T1R.

Has anyone a different opinion and why ?

Understanding this was released in 2003 do you think there will be a newer version soon ?

Does anyone know where I can pick one up as a combo ?

Thanks

Dave
Old 11-15-2005, 11:24 AM

My advice to you is save a littel more & get the T1FK05 (appx. $100 more), that way you have up to date car & never will tell yourself why I did not get the FK05. I have been there & have down that.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Xray xrcbuggy

Hi

Must admit I was thinking that.....

Are they more difficult to build or the same ?

Thanks

Dave
Old 11-15-2005, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

just some food for thought...

how about a used T1FK04? I hear that the T1FK05's weren't as easy to work on vs its older brother... did I misunderstand or what?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would try to find a used TC3, super tough, quite reliable, more than fast enough for a starter and thousands available with extra parts for under $150.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by inet-projects
Hi

Must admit I was thinking that.....

Are they more difficult to build or the same ?

Thanks

Dave
Very easy to build & parts went together like a glove. Check x-ray web site for more info. Also check their Forum too.
http://www.teamxray.com/xforum/
Old 11-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TC3 ???

Isnt the TC3 only nitro ???

I can only use Electric as I have to run indoors, too much snow in Munich.

Regards

Dave
Old 11-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

AE makes a nitro and electric version. The nitro version is usually referred to as a NTC3. I would recommend the FK05. As a beginner you probably don't want to have to mess around with building saddle packs that the T1 FK04 uses. Get the best car you can afford. If you are looking in the range of a used 04, than DEFINITLY wait and get the 05. I had a TC4 and a TC3 and never seemed to get them easy to drive. I always(and still do as I still have the TC4) seemed to be "fighting" the car around the track. AS a beginner I would want a car that let me focus on driving and not trying to find the perfect setup and get it perfect every run. Too bad RONCO doesn't make a TC. The you could "Set it and forget it"
Old 11-15-2005, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inet-projects
Isnt the TC3 only nitro ???

I can only use Electric as I have to run indoors, too much snow in Munich.

Regards

Dave

The TC3 is an electic model as well as the TC4...

The NTC3 is the nitro version.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Initiate

I would try to find a used TC3, super tough, quite reliable
Sorry, I cant agree. as a fairly bad middle aged driver (!) I find the tc3 far too fragile. suspension arms break if you look ata solid barrier and this week end I broke a driveshaft after a minor collision. I also think Associated are poorly engineered compared to the xray

I bought a T1r and its in a different league, beautifully made, much stronger, and a real joy to work with. The diffs are so smooth, its a real jump forward. The associated may win races in the right hands but its not for me! Ended up with a tc4 and for me its no better.....

The only downside of the T1R is that it wont (easily) take 3700 cells, but if you are racing stock 27 or 19s, 3300 are more than adequate......Buy the T1R you wont regret it......
Old 11-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would avoid getting a "stater car" as a starter car. I've seen it a million times. A guy buys the entry level version of a car, then a month later buys the fully loaded version.

I run an FK05 and highly recommend it. It makes an average driver look good! I had a TC3 prior to getting the FK05 and improved significantly the first time out!

Good luck.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As a person who used to race in the 80's , returning to race I just decided to use my TC3 RTR with some hop ups. My car, is pretty much out of the box RTR, Im still running the ESC that it came with. I didnt want to ruin anything new because I knew I would get banged up.
However, I would agree that the TC3 is not very durable . Mine is very fragile. In fact I have only raced two weekends since coming back and have completed 2 races out of 8 due to my car breaking parts. Most are racing the XRay 05, once this car T-bones me, I'm done.
If you have the money, get the 05. I think thats the car I am going to get. I really want to stay with Associated since I kinda grew up with them...but I have heard nothing but great things about them and seeing a few XRays they look like fine machines..well designed and built tough.

Drew
Old 11-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Default What to do ???

Guys,

Thanks for your input, I have been reasearching this on the net for the last few weeks, this seems to be the most active forun, if any body else has any more input then please chip in.

I must admit after all your comments I am leaning towards XRAY still but as commented it might be worth paying the extra $$$ and going for the 05

Can anyone tell me a reason why not ?

Also understandsing the 05 came out When ? When will the 06 hit the Shops ?

As the Xray T!R is a few years old, any indication that a update is to be released ?

If I was going to spend this sort of Cash for a RC Chassis I would like to get the latest version.

Again guys bit Thank You for your input.

Regards

Dave
Old 11-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Dave , you have PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Definitely go with the top of the line xray.

Don't start with a low end car and hop it up like myself. My Tamiya TB-02 with all its hop up parts cost more than what you'd spend on the xray fk-05.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.