Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T1R or ????

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The battery slot filing and rounding of the edges is basic chassis-prep that you should be doing on any CF chassis..

You can do this yourself without much trouble (make sure you wear an appropriate mask though due to the carbon dust)...

I also have no problems with my Xray shocks, they went together well and are very smooth...finally rebuilt them after running for 8 months on them...still full...still rebounding equally...still no air in them...oil still clean and clear...
Old 11-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Thanks Everyone

Guys,

Thanks for all your help.

I nearly bought the 05 with all the kit new, it would have come to about 900 Euros. Then I thought what if I paid all that money, made a real hash of the build and crashed it to death while I got used to this new hobby, and really understood the hobby.

Sanity set in, I started looking on Fleebay, but I live in Germany so I wanted to make sure that the transmitter I got was legal here, and I wanted to see the car before I purchased.

I posted a message on a German RC board a few days ago and I got a number of people offering me reasonable kit at a good price.

Anyway I have ended up getting a T1R, with a XR6 FM Race Transmitter, the car has everything to Run. (Might need some new bateries). But all looks well.

I paid 180 Euros, I am not going to be worried about pulling it apart or bashing it to death.

I thank you all for your input & really good help, now where is that Race Way :-)

Regards

Dave
Old 11-24-2005, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Let me know how you like your T1. I have a good set-up for medium traction outdoor that works very well for carpet as well. However,I have a warpspeed graphite conversion... Your gonna love that car, trust me!!
Old 11-24-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

great , your oing to lov that car- its a great car
Old 11-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Initiate

inet-projects,

you have a PM.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Dave,
You are going to like the T1R. I started out with it and still run the car, few mods here and there but still a good car.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Try to find second hand Tamiya TA04 or TB EVO3/4 or better if you can find a good condition HPI Pro4. It's a very competitive car.

Old 12-04-2005, 02:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Car is Ready to go to the Club, Stupid Question

Guys,

I have made my own Saddlepack and it seems to work :-)

I have stripped the car down and cleaned it, even power washed the wheels :-), Wife thought I was mad.

Nice new shell, looks great.

When I get to the club, how do I know which frequency other people are using ? How does it work in your club ?

I need to ask this in German as I am in Germany (dont want to cause havoc on first meet) I have been having a sneaky practice in our underground garage, making a circuit out of paper plates.

Regards

Dave