R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-28-2002, 05:30 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Newbie....electric On-road Off-road Car Advice

I am trying to get back into the RC car scene after 15 years. I owned a RC10L (on-road) and a Tamaya Frog off-road as a teen. I wanted to get back into it as an adult and needed advice on Local Tracks on and off/shops/places to race for fun or circuit. I have never raced on a real track and am looking forward to racing. I am leaning toward electric onroad but can be steered to off-road if it sounds like that is what is in my area. I am in Arlington, Wa and am looking forward to Websites/tracks/shops in my area between Seattle and Canada following the 5 freeway. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I have to purchase from ground zero and built up so please advise.

richy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 06:57 PM   #2
Tech Elite
Send a message via ICQ to ijnek

there's way too many options available now!!!
for a start,i suggest u can try finding a track near u 2 c wat kinds n types of cars they are running.no point in getting a touring car where the nearest track is still an hour drive away.

also u can start visiting the manufacturers' websites 2 find informations that might direct u in some way. i believe some of the more popular brands in the US would b team associated , team losi to name a few. www.teamassociated.com or www.teamlosi.com

try reading up some RC mags or try 2 find some other RC websites.i'm veri sure u wun have any problem wif tat.

enjoy the sport!!!
ijnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 07:28 AM   #3
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Let's see....
Trucks are easier to drive, buggies are faster.....
Associated cars are easier to drive, but Losi's will usually yeild better lap times and have more aggressive steering.....

1/12th scales are literally "Fast and Furious", and believe it or not to race on a budget you can't beat a 1/12th car!!!
Touring cars are harder to set-up, but when set-up properly they can be easier to drive, but will never touch a 1/12th car on the track.
Losi- easy to set-up, easy to drive and fast as hell
Associated- more difficult, but when dialed it can be faster at some venues....
Tamiya- Tough as nails, easy to drive..... can be expensive
Schumacher- The perfect cars (I am a little biased)
Yokomo- Fast, harder to work on....

There are many others but these are the most popular.........
G's RC Raceway- Best off-road track on the east coast...period!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote