Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Post Worlds sway-bay on the EVO3

Originally posted by racer
someone mentioned placing 414m front stabilizer on the Evo III.

is there an update to the modification?

Thanks in advance!
It does not apear that Tamiya Japan sees the need to release a version for the EVO3, as it has been tested and is not needed on most tracks. The stock unit works ok on all but the largest high bite tracks.

You can mount the upper sway-bar on the EVO, you just need to add some spacers to keep the bar centered on the upper chassis.

hope this helps,

John

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tamiyatrf/
Old 03-19-2003, 07:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

I´m not driving a TB-Evo. I´v heard some rumors that there are problems with the TB´s bevel gears. They seem to break easily.

Did someone else have problems like that ?
Old 03-19-2003, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

48 pages after....LOL
we found a few solutions that help to fix the problem manfredo
Old 03-19-2003, 07:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

In all honesty, I have only had problems with the gears when I hit something hard on throttle... Most TCs on the market have a problem with hard hits.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

well i win, lol, becuase i bent the screw, with the block flat on the chassis, and i didn't just bend the block, i twisted it. heheheh, i win.

peter
Old 03-19-2003, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

peter,

Hows that old saying go: the faster you drive-the harder you hit ????

Did you ever notice the Novices can hit every board on the track for 5 minutes, deafening blows-and we hit a board, just knick it and we tear the whole corner off the car, bend the hingepins, bend the ballstuds, shatter every piece of Graphite arm, caster block steering knuckle, etc....!!!!

I just dont get it!!!

Ray
Old 03-19-2003, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

haha

Wise words Ray...
Old 03-19-2003, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

nah... I dont think so... I have a buddy who JUST bought an msx3 and on his first run, he cracked the rear shock tower by ramming a curb.... yesterday he went to practice at our track and he ripped his front suspension off...:P On the other hand.... I took my TB01 rally car out of retirement and went for a run on the dedicated offroad track next door... I hit every pole, did cart wheels, LAUNCHED off the table top and then after that went to the onroad track and did a few runs... hehehehe Every one was like... WTF? nothing broke or nutin....gotta love the TB01!
Old 03-19-2003, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

edited by request

Last edited by futureal; 03-19-2003 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

edited to be inline with Peter's "edited by request"

Last edited by ARC MotorSports; 03-19-2003 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Good night for the Evo3 last night. Taka won Brushless Mod with one and there were 4 other Evo3's running that class! I set TQ and led for about 2 minutes until the coma kicked in doh! I also, pummeled, plowed, hacked and killed Fred Medel into third place oblivion...sorry Fred. David Jun showed up to watch and help out some of the Tamiya drivers and he drove my car cold turkey for my second qualifier and beat my TQ by 2 seconds (this is after a minus one lap penalty when the race director realized it wasn't me driving)!

My car was pretty good but had a push that develops after the sauce wore away. The push was off-power diving into corners and it was good just about everywhere else, mid and on. What would have been the ideal solution (It's an easy fix but hind-sight is always 20-20):

1) Adding 1mm of droop in the rear.
2) Increasing front toe-out by 1/2-1 degree.
3) Moving rear inner upper link down one hole.

I did number one because it required the least amount of work (read lazy). The car had tons o steering but felt a little bit unbalanced. I think I would have been better of with a toe adjustment to keep my rear grip.

On some more technical notes...

Taka said that during testing, they Tamiya guys tried various location of the front swaybar including the wcr mounting method and found that the shorter the sway bar and closer to the arms it is, the better. So those who try the wcr conversion might think about it before trying it.

Also, have any of you noticed a slight bowing of your chassis when all of the upper deck screws have been tightened. Check it out, untweak your chassis and run a few packs, come back, check tweak and you may notice that the chassis bannanas up a little bit. This occured on mine (and I didn't hit anything except for maybe Taka and latter found out that the two plastic mounting points on the gearboxes cause the tweaking. Taka and some of the TRF drivers have been using spacers between the plastic piece and gearbox to fix this. I'll do the same next time I'm up in it hehe.

Ciao for now.

Rodzilla
Old 03-19-2003, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Check this out!!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...540#post310540

Ray
Old 03-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Rod the car sounds good. In this months RC World they show the exact mod to fix this "bananna" by inserting a washer in between the upper-deck mount that screws to the gearbox. It also shows tha upper deck shimmed to the same mount
Old 03-19-2003, 10:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Difuser
ARC
Was Derek around?
I saw a race report around that he was running a Yok in the Thailand race too bad if he isn't running Tamiya anymore.
He had just missed the A with Surikarn etc...
I think thats derek hung Jr of Hong Kong... I'm pretty sure "our" derek is still racing Tamiya
Old 03-19-2003, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Derek Hung, team member of Yokomo Hong Kong was in 11th

Jr man he didn't look that old

Just wondering if it was the same I had fun racing him at Tamiya Finals 2 yrs ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.