Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

hey guys

Just currious about how you ordered rc world magazine from rainbow ten. I looked on the site but didn't see an ad for rc world. Anybody out there have a connection so we can order this magazine.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Hi:
At the Nurnberg toy fair i ahd the pleasure of could talk with Mr. Taki, the chief of the development department at Tamiya, he said to me that they are going to realese many option parts for the evo3 in the future...so stay tune and i could have the pleasure of report him the problems with the ona way gears, and my ideas about teh car, was just incredible for me, how that people take you seriously and hear you, and guys...for me thatīs more than enought to keep runnign Tamiya for3ver
Well, the body posts are moved out to keep the body more flat, instead of roll, that makes you "feel" how the car turns, instead of how the body do it...i hope that u can understand my poor english LOL, about teh chasis, at www.tamiya.com, u can download the setup of Surikarn at that race, and you can read...3mm thick chassis so u are right new thicker chassis , but i think that is only because of the special grip conditions of that track...maybe in carpet could be also useful...
Keep this thread burning guys!!! is just great!!!
Old 03-18-2003, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by mrodney
hey guys

Just currious about how you ordered rc world magazine from rainbow ten. I looked on the site but didn't see an ad for rc world. Anybody out there have a connection so we can order this magazine.
mrodney,
Actually send e-mail to Nao at Rainbow Ten, ask him about R/C Magazines. There are two magazines, one is called RC world(648 yen) and other one is RC Magazine(486 yen) plus shipping and handling. Both are good magazine, but seems to me that RC World has better pictures to look at.
J.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Aluma
what are you kiddin me? To be racing with Jun on the same main would be an Honor! To have him lap you is an honor!
I was the one who took the photo he used for the Icon there was no main involved and if you want to run (or should I say chase, get lapped what ever) with Jun, Tamiya USA is open for practice for Tamiya cars every sat. and Jun is there quite often. Not to discredit Rtype he a good friend of mine and he's is a good driver and knows his way around a track. Jun is also a good friend of Rtype and myself, and he is one of the classiest pros out there.

-c
Old 03-18-2003, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Just a warning-I bent the A-block in my car because I raised it up on those pretty, but otherwise very smalll blue spacers. I would recommend if you are going to raise your hingepin blocks-either dont hit anything-or use a wide washer, or fashion up a full width spacer to go under the hingepin blocks. Just an FYI!!! They are so thin in the middlethat when they are no longer flat on the chassis-they bend right where they get the thinnest!!!

Ray
Old 03-18-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Luckily for me I have a granite surface plate in my basement and i was able to bend it almost perfcetly flat again!!!
Old 03-18-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey rodney! Thanks for the setup help dude!

I FINAALLLYYYY got to the track just to go practice....
all i can say is WOW! my car is sssoooo freakkinnn dialed it aint even funny....although I dont have the asso. springs, the best I could do was white Tamiya and blue Tamiya springs so the very end of the chassis is scrapping and so is the front....still too soft I guess. Its night and day from stock setup....but this is what I used:

front: 50wt/ TAMwhite spring/ yellow sway/.7mm antidive/-2, zero toe
shocks: top hole outter, bottom hole outter

rear: 40wt/TAM blue spring/ yellow sway/ 1mm antisquat/-2
shocks: top hole outter, bottom hole outter

wheelbase: stock: front arms back, rear arms 1spacer in front
tires: take off 32R
track: 2mm spacers inside each wheel
motor: lightspeed P2K?(gunmetal can) 72/27
all stainless screws with same size hex

Hey, did any of you get a rock stuck in the center tunnel? I did, it ground the shaft and left a huge groove. :P
Old 03-18-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Difuser
Rainbow 10 is where the guy we borrow it from orders it

Nao over there is very prompt on replies and they are great for shipping
u sure they are prompt?i mean i sent a payment 24hrs ago n notified them but up till now still no response..
anyway:
to all u guys:
i have a credit with rainbow ten for anything...a friend of mine got the diffs for me from overseas..
so if there's anyone who wants a set of Evo III diffs please pm me..i'll sell it off at the label price+shipping.(do be quick)
otherwise i'm changing my order with them
shipping to US of A is like $15(EMS).i also have suspension shafts and blocks on that order.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Aluma

Hey, did any of you get a rock stuck in the center tunnel? I did, it ground the shaft and left a huge groove. :P
same here, happend the very first time i used it.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

someone mentioned placing 414m front stabilizer on the Evo III.

is there an update to the modification?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-18-2003, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

member what day it might be there and take that into consderation, course you're in malaysia so your time is probably not that much different than shizuoka.

ray- we had some problems at the nats too, with bending the a blocks and all. fortunatly rob morris good friend of mine, and head honcho at KO PROPO USA had his tools there (which includied his vice) or i would have been SOL.

peter
Old 03-19-2003, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Rainbowten HAS confirmed my payment..26hrs me thinks..so it's cool.i probley jumped the gun
i bent the A-blocks too..i dont have too much luck hammering it.
had more luck restraightening the Suspension shafts tho..teeeheee
ray-so ur saying it was the spacers that caused the easy bending?i think i'll live without them for now.
AND i ALSO had scrapped my center shaft on my 1st run.i think it's the batteries going inwards.
are we drving the same thing here?yeah/...
Old 03-19-2003, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

i bent my A-Block with no spacers! i would think a spacer would be better that no spacer because it makes a weak point, and the screw should bend before the A-Block would.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:40 AM
Tech Adept

Hi!!
about the problem of the bend blocks, www.tamiyaracing.net is going to realease new blocks with different roll centers (1mm, 2mm etc) to no need to use shims..., stay tune and watching the web!, they are great guys from Denmark, and both really good drivers!!, and they have Steen Graversen on his team this year developing the evo 3..., Steen won the Keil cup last year with the TRF414M2, and was a A main finalist st the LRP...btu that with Schumacher..., now this year he is racing a EVO3...
Old 03-19-2003, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Heres my temporary solution to the bent block-though it sounds like it might not be enough by reading the last few posts!!!
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-blockmod3.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.