R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-18-2003, 07:20 AM   #1396
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so like, surikarns ride is the Matt Francis edition TB evo 3 or what?

Its got sooo much red.
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 07:25 AM   #1397
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
u mean 1-5 are ur opinions?or suggestions?
ARC-I am a nobody -these are just my opinions and suggestions. If anybody knows the top brass at Tamiya-please pass this stuff along for me (us??).

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 07:39 AM   #1398
Tech Apprentice

Ray - lee82gx was actually asking.

As for me, I am a nobody too lol!
ARC MotorSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 07:43 AM   #1399
Tech Apprentice

One more thing I noticed from that picture, Surikarn has Hudy & Tamiya tools in his pit.

Mmmm, Tools....
Old 03-18-2003, 08:06 AM   #1400
Tech Adept

hey guys

To me it doesnt really look like surikarn is using anything special, well maybe the diffs are different because they are white. Due to the size of the pics, I cant say that he is using a thicker chasis, it looks the same to me, however it does look like he was using the short arms from the toyota mr chasis, this was something that I wanted to try for myself, but I didn't know if it made the wheelbase any shorter than shimming the stock arms forward.

As for the red stuff, he probably just had his parts anodized, nothing special, anyone can have that done. Just my observations.
mrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 09:40 AM   #1401
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The rear shock tower is totally different from the stock note how far the rear body posts are out. They are outside the rear shock mounts. Satoshi has had shock towers similar to this on the 414 and on his EVO2 since late last year. The holes are arrayed in totally different positions Surikarns rear arms are also almost completely trimmed out the cross webs are all gone. The original piacs are located in a story in the Aus thread it was written for some of their locals who had gone the the race.

Jedi here's last weekends set-up the rear camber link is not right but it is where I ended up racing it. It turns down real hard and carries speed through the middle good. Maybe a hint of mid corner under steer.
Tire Sorex 28 with HPI blue insert

Front:
#1 shock hole 1 Straight 5 laid over
40 assoc. 3-hole teflon
outer hole on the arm
Tamiya Yellow
-1 camber
1d toe out
Flat arms
C block in front
Upper Inner
racing upright--6d caster
Diff
5mm droop

Rear
#2 shock hole
30 assoc. 3-hole teflon
outer hole on the arm
Tamiya Red
-1 camber
neg 2d toe in rear upright--B block
1mm Squat
B toe block
Lower Outer link

Rear arms are highly modified with no connecting ribs and look round or molded with no angles to them I have spent about 30min with a dremel each on them these are parts I am working on for Reedy to lighten unsprung weight I have used an original plastic part off an 04 for now as it has enough Carbon in it before I snort the hard arms. (haha) Front will be made this week and I will start durability testing on them. The rears took a couple of hard hits and survived fine.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:55 AM   #1402
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

if you re a reader of R/C World magazine, you would have seen a few months back that there was an article on satoshi's EVO III with an out door set up.

in that article is where i first saw the rear shock tower that they seem to have on the cars in the picture.

in taht same article is details satoshi's custom rear sway bar, that mounts further in on the rear arm.

peter

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:31 AM   #1403
Tech Apprentice

I've never heard of "R/C World magazine". Where do I buy it? Do they have a web site?

Thanks!
Old 03-18-2003, 10:36 AM   #1404
Tech Regular

The shock towers look like the ones off the alex barracuda www.alexracingusa.com just a little modified.
sportracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 11:12 AM   #1405
Tech Elite

Lightbulb

Rainbow 10 is where the guy we borrow it from orders it

Nao over there is very prompt on replies and they are great for shipping
The magazine is all Japanese though. The bonus is you can feel good about saying you read it just for the pictures

They are hands down the best of RC mags though the have CFD comparisons of wings actual wind tunnel testing on bodies showing DF and drag to bad we don't have an english mag that is that good
Old 03-18-2003, 11:46 AM   #1406
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to TRF Germany

Hi EVO III Guys!

I have some questions concerning the One-Way-Problem.

For my One-Way i built a plate that was machined to fit against the gear and help clamp it. Was no problem. Also i shimmed the One-Way with the new Tamiya Shims.
I drove with it last weekend nearly 20 runs, and i had no stripping.

I fixed the One-Way strong in the Gear Boxes by tightening the screws very strong. Then i heared the clicking noise and it seemed that the shaft drive is a kind of blocked. BUT the gear was ok during the whole weekend.

What do you EVO III Racers do? Do you tighten the Gear Box like i did or didnt you tighten as strong, so your Shaft Drive works easily? Please tell me your experience.

THX
Moritz

TRF GERMANY

Sorry for my english...
TRF Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 12:07 PM   #1407
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Difuser
Rainbow 10 is where the guy we borrow it from orders it

Nao over there is very prompt on replies and they are great for shipping
The magazine is all Japanese though. The bonus is you can feel good about saying you read it just for the pictures

They are hands down the best of RC mags though the have CFD comparisons of wings actual wind tunnel testing on bodies showing DF and drag to bad we don't have an english mag that is that good
Of course, If you have some one can translate Japanese, It helps a lot. Isn't that right guys?
J.
DoCoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 12:57 PM   #1408
Tech Elite

TRF I shim so I can tighten the 'box all the way down and still remain free. I also use the machine thread Ti screws so there is more bite on the 'box and with the fine pitch the screw is less prone to back out, also causing stripping

Krispy, we appreciate all of your translation skills and bringing the mags in to the US. There is just too much info to have you translate. John wouldn't be able to race if he translated everything I wanted him to
Old 03-18-2003, 01:14 PM   #1409
Tech Adept

Dan,
No Problem at all! Hmmmm...May be I should show up on Saturday night and may be use 1/2 hour of your time to teach you "How to read Japanese."
J.
DoCoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 02:04 PM   #1410
Tech Elite

That could be dangerous I barely know what my Tattoo says let alone read a magazine