Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-09-2003, 10:43 PM   #1231
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to fabolousRC Send a message via Yahoo to fabolousRC

Quote:
Originally posted by lee82gx
Guys
Need driving instructions with the front one way.i have only ever been experienced with diffs in the front ...but the Evo doesnt come with it so i gotta use the one-way instead...
coming out from 50-100% full power if i brake just a little my car would turn around(180).is this normal?
next..so how do i slow down if i cant brake?
actually i would appreciate full instructions as to how to drive with a front one way...
thanks
Lee...break early and straight. do not even think of braking late into the turns. Soften the rear shocks a little bit (not too much) and adjust the car so it can get a bit more side roll. If you can adjust the brake limiter on your ESC do so for about 50% instead of 100%. Turn your car from the outside (wide) to the inside after the turn (tight).

Lex Tyler Paints \ Norcal Hobbies \ Bay Area Peninsula R/C Club
fabolousRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 02:24 AM   #1232
Tech Elite

i'll try loosening the diff's a little.
GT:i also had the same problem!bent an A-block,bent a shaft, but damit it didnt break the A-arms!!i have that in spares but not these
I'm also just learning to drive.
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 07:30 AM   #1233
Tech Adept

Default hey all

Just wanted to say that I got my front diff installed in my evo3 and ran the car sunday in modified foam and the car was awsome. I TQed and won the main, and was turning fast anc consistant lap times. After figuring out which tires worked the best, the car just seemed to come into its own. One thing that I do suggest for most of the evo drivers is that they be wise about the motor selection. While most like to run 8 and 9 turns, I ran a 12 turn and was just as fast with the lap times because of the consistancy. On our friday night race a guy with a losi xxxs ran mod with a 19 turn and qualified 3rd with the same amount of laps, so you dont neccessarily kneed to have a crazy modified motor to be fast.
mrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 07:59 AM   #1234
Tech Fanatic

hey rodney, are you running surikarns setup or one of your own?
could ya share?
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 08:56 AM   #1235
Tech Adept

hey aluma

I guess I am running my own, I am not sure what he is running since he primarily runs on rubber. I am planning of cleaning my car completly this week and I will measure my shock lengths and all that improtant stuff and I will post my settup. But if you have any general questions that you have I will be more than happy to share any info that I have.
mrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:02 AM   #1236
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

mrodney-are you running the high front roll center or stock? My car really woke-up in handling when I went front high roll center.

I didnt run my EVO3 this Sunday because I have a wounded duck. Front gear is going so I didnt want to chance it. I did run one pack in practice and car was stupendousely easy to drive. I too cannot wait for the rest of my diff parts to come in.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:43 AM   #1237
Tech Apprentice

I had such a bad weekend with my Evo III - Arg!

I stripped three front one-way gears, and I think I may have damaged the one-way as well.

I was playing with the "smoking carpet setup" posted a while back, and it is not smoking at all for our track and carpet.

Back to the drawing board for next week...
ARC MotorSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 11:31 AM   #1238
Tech Fanatic

okay...what DO you guys mean when you say HIGH roll center?

putting equal spacers under both the susp. blocks? or angle down the camber rod? or angle up the camber rod? or both?
the higher the roll center the better the grip on that end?
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 11:58 AM   #1239
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Roll center changes are from raising and lowering the lower hingepin blocks in this case. The angle of them is mostly for kick-up or anti-dive purposes. Right now mine are both raised, but the back oe more than the front. I raised it to get more front grip and used the antidive for more exit steering.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 12:05 PM   #1240
pcm
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys. Does anybody know how DJun and his EVOIII do in the ROAR Nationals this past weekend? Thanks.
pcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 12:09 PM   #1241
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Jun finished 6th in the B Main in Mod TC with his Evo III. He qualified 4th in it, 14th overall.

Fernando Gordinho, another TRF driver, finished 6th in the C Main, qualifiying 10th in that race, 30th overall.

Peter Robinson qualified 9th in the Stock TC C Main (29th overall) with his Evo III, but broke in the main and ended up 9th.

Those are the only three I knew of who ran Evo III's at the race. They are all sponsored by Tamiya.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:03 PM   #1242
Tech Apprentice

I have been doing some looking around at various setups for the EVO III. I am somewhat surprised to find many of them using the associated springs.

Why are so many people using Associated springs? Are people trying to "hijack" good TC3 setups?

Just curious and wondering if I should take the plunge and buy the Associated springs. I currently have two sets of the Tamiya on road springs.
ARC MotorSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 02:19 PM   #1243
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ARC the Tamiya rates are not as stiff as the Assoc.
Tamiya White is about Assoc Gold or Silver if I remember correctly. Definately not trying to copy set-up the 2 cars are not that close other than the shaft
Old 03-10-2003, 02:21 PM   #1244
Tech Elite

For the past couple of weeks, several of the TRF guys have been using AE golds up front, silvers in the rear and their cars have been very very good. My car's been pretty dialed with yellows all around and am beginning to wonder if it can be even better using the AE springs. Heck, it's only a six dollar experiment and worth the shot.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 02:24 PM   #1245
Tech Elite

Hey Dirty Dan (hehe of exotic dance fame)

Are you coming down for TamiyaCon? If so, pack your toy cars so we can play.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote