R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2003, 04:44 PM   #1081
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,069
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Transponder Mount

Quote:
Originally posted by Yokio
Hi guys,

Is there a transponder mount available from Tamiya for the TB EvoIII?

I need a part#.
Not available from Tamiya....
but Sqaure Makes one .. so does TECH and The Alex Racing Barracuda PAL version transponder/ servo mount works..



Square EVOIII parts link


-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 05:07 PM   #1082
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 449
Default

Ok I've managed to test the Tech Racing ring gear plate on the front diff.

The verdict? It works but does not completely solve the problem.

It does protect again minor frontal taps but does nothing for harder taps. This still makes it a worthwile investment.

This is because of what Difuser said. On high traction tracks the tires of the car bite into the surface and transfers and incredible load onto the front diff gears which is the weakest point of the car.

On low traction tracks the tires may break traction and wheelspin which may protect the front diff gear.

Using a full diff at the front helps because the diff can slip a little when you hit something. With a one way there is no slip.

The front diff is just not strong enough to handle the load. If Tamiya are working on a fix it will most likely involve replacing the front gear with one that is significantly stronger. This may end up transferring the load elsewhere along the chassis which could move the problem elsewhere

In any case I'm still happy with the Evo3...although I would be happier if I didn't have to replace the diff gear after every race meet The results from the Thai race shows what it can do in more capable hands (ie. a person that crashes less).
itchynads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 05:27 PM   #1083
Tech Elite
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,723
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default TCS sa P.I.?

Pare, you have Tamiya organize races there sa Davao?
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 05:31 PM   #1084
Tech Elite
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,723
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Transponder Mount

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Not available from Tamiya....
but Sqaure Makes one .. so does TECH and The Alex Racing Barracuda PAL version transponder/ servo mount works..



Square EVOIII parts link


-Dave
COOOOOL! Will it make my transponder count faster?
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 05:34 PM   #1085
Tech Elite
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,723
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by itchynads
Ok I've managed to test the Tech Racing ring gear plate on the front diff.

The verdict? It works but does not completely solve the problem.

It does protect again minor frontal taps but does nothing for harder taps. This still makes it a worthwile investment.

This is because of what Difuser said. On high traction tracks the tires of the car bite into the surface and transfers and incredible load onto the front diff gears which is the weakest point of the car.

On low traction tracks the tires may break traction and wheelspin which may protect the front diff gear.

Using a full diff at the front helps because the diff can slip a little when you hit something. With a one way there is no slip.

The front diff is just not strong enough to handle the load. If Tamiya are working on a fix it will most likely involve replacing the front gear with one that is significantly stronger. This may end up transferring the load elsewhere along the chassis which could move the problem elsewhere

In any case I'm still happy with the Evo3...although I would be happier if I didn't have to replace the diff gear after every race meet The results from the Thai race shows what it can do in more capable hands (ie. a person that crashes less).
As soon as I ad an additional TA04 bumper on top of my TBevo3 one, I have not mess up a gear even from wild crashes. The Bodies still fit perfectly
I'll post pix lates!
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 05:48 PM   #1086
Tech Elite
 
lee82gx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Land Of peace , Malaysia
Posts: 2,304
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Transponder Mount

Quote:
Originally posted by izzyracer
COOOOOL! Will it make my transponder count faster?
if ur transponder count faster u'll have slower lap times dude!
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 06:02 PM   #1087
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,069
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Talking

*DOH*

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 06:17 PM   #1088
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 449
Default

izzyracer: I've tried replacing the stock bumper with a TC3 foam bumper which is thick and soft but it didn't help. Which car body are you running?
itchynads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 07:09 PM   #1089
Tech Master
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,738
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Default Re: Evil 3 is the bomb-biggity

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rtypec
[B]How good is the Evo3?

Rod,

It appears that I'll be joining the fun on Tues. at So Cal in the near future (finally finished rebuilding the Enduro car) ...would you be willing to send me your So CalE3 set-up....buddy....friend!

thanks,

John

johnchr@yahoo.com


http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tamiyatrf/
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 07:19 PM   #1090
Tech Fanatic
 
fabolousRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Jakarta...lah
Posts: 933
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to fabolousRC Send a message via Yahoo to fabolousRC
Default Re: Re: Transponder Mount

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Not available from Tamiya....
but Sqaure Makes one .. so does TECH and The Alex Racing Barracuda PAL version transponder/ servo mount works..



Square EVOIII parts link


-Dave
Somebody tell JustRC to import Square's product to the US please!!
__________________
Tamiya DB01 Durga\Kyosho Lazer ZX-5\Kyosho Turbo Optima

Lex Tyler Paints \ Norcal Hobbies \ Bay Area Peninsula R/C Club
fabolousRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 07:28 PM   #1091
Tech Adept
 
MauiBuilt Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 115
Default Re: Evil 3 is the bomb-biggity

Quote:
Originally posted by rtypec
How good is the Evo3? Well, after the chassis on my 414M2 broke from a major stuffing running modified, I threw down the Evo3 after a half pack of practice to trim it out and guess what?

Top Qualifier for PRO STOCK SEDAN:
ROD C with 30/5:08.48

Tehehe, okay enough chest thumping , too bad I had radio problems in the main and retired after one lap. Patt T's car was dialled and kinda had me wondering...MauiBuilt, where have you been man? I'm begining to suffer the same radio problems you have been getting and its getting expensive to fix broken cars doh!
Howzit goin R!!
Good job on the TQ man! Anyway I havent been racing for a while because of the glitching problem. I ran out of front one way ring gears so I had to wait for Tamiya to send me some. And about your glitching problem, The thing about the monster stock motor is that the paint on the can is thin. So when the paint wears off of the bottom of the can it causes big time glitches because of the metal to metal contact (motor plate & motor can). I found that out last night so i just switched to a new can and Voila!! glitch problem solved. I also took the whole day off to go down and do some major set-up changes today. After the end of the day, I finally got this car dialed. (Part of it thanks to Mr. Dan) good looking out! Hope to race with you soon!

JM
MauiBuilt Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 08:41 PM   #1092
Tech Elite
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,723
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by itchynads
izzyracer: I've tried replacing the stock bumper with a TC3 foam bumper which is thick and soft but it didn't help. Which car body are you running?
Mine almost cover the whole front area.
I'm currently using a Modena!
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:03 PM   #1093
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 410
Default

Just my opinion the car looks good drives good but if you dont have one dont buy one unless you like driving it with out a front one way. or untill there is a fix for the front oneway gear. as of now the cars are defective.
mugenracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 10:24 PM   #1094
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,500
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default defective,Maybe....

Don't buy one?I wouldnt say that as a blanket statement.The car in manys opinion is better then the 414,I deal with the front one way issue untill there is a fix is to buy one way ring gears.Just bought 15 and after 3 race days only replaced 1 so far.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 11:07 PM   #1095
Tech Master
 
TRF-Powered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,003
Default Re: Re: Evil 3 is the bomb-biggity

Quote:
Originally posted by MauiBuilt Racer
Howzit goin R!!
Good job on the TQ man! Anyway I havent been racing for a while because of the glitching problem. I ran out of front one way ring gears so I had to wait for Tamiya to send me some. And about your glitching problem, The thing about the monster stock motor is that the paint on the can is thin. So when the paint wears off of the bottom of the can it causes big time glitches because of the metal to metal contact (motor plate & motor can). I found that out last night so i just switched to a new can and Voila!! glitch problem solved. I also took the whole day off to go down and do some major set-up changes today. After the end of the day, I finally got this car dialed. (Part of it thanks to Mr. Dan) good looking out! Hope to race with you soon!

JM
Just Wondering. I saw you, Difuser, and pete robinson all have Tamiya Racing Factory or Team Tamiya or something like that in your guys' signiture. Did you all got offered sponsorship deal with Tamiya? Man that gotta be Awsome!
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 06:37 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution II (NEW) ivan3721 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 05-18-2008 04:56 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution 5 veecee Australia For Sale/Trade 3 07-20-2007 07:13 PM
tamiya tb evolution 5 b-man777 Electric On-Road 1 05-24-2006 10:38 AM
XXX-S GP VS Tamiya Evolution III capricess Electric On-Road 29 01-27-2003 07:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:40 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net