Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

sorry, forget to post above that i was running Pit tires, 24 in front, 20's in bak, with a yokomo firm insert, on a yokomo wheel.

peter
Old 02-24-2003, 09:45 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Default Re: Servo Saver

Originally posted by Yokio
Anyway, I find the Servo Saver that comes with the TB Evolution III very crappy! What servo saver are you guys using??
Yesterday in the TCS race I ran, my servo saver began slipping in my Evo 3. I ended up having to replace the three clamp/springs inside it, but after 2 more heats it is already looking a bit worn. I would be interested to see what some of the "pros" are doing for this car.

Mine was hooking up very well, but I roasted a bevel gear in the second qualifier and that bumped me out of the A. I didn't even hit anything this time, just came around a bend in the track and front wheel drive let go.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey, is the KR-1200 any good? How is it compared to say a quantum pro-sport? Is it betta than a GT7? I can get it for a good price...and it says it doesn't have a motor limit.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sorry to hear about your bad luck futureal.

The Tamiya servo savers leave a little to be desired. I have been using a Kimbrough servo saver in my cars just for a little more precise steering feel and yet have the protection of a saver. A lot of guys have been running a direct servo horn instead of a servo saver but since I don't really trust my driving yet, I've been using a servo saver. Just go to your LHS ask to look at all of the servo savers and pick one with the least slop
Old 02-24-2003, 11:06 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I tried a Kimbrough saver on the car a few weeks ago and found that the ballstud/cup did not have enough clearance from the server when turning right, so I had to go back to the Tamiya one.

The problem with the Tamiya saver seems to be that the clamps do not hold their form well. When installing them, you have to be very careful not to bend them, or they will lose their "grip" and your saver will slip.

I still had a blast racing the car though. It was set up very well, and seemed to be one of the fastest out there.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the setup Peter!
I´ll will try out this weekend.
Have anyone else had problems with the diff? Already after 5 runs I have excessive wear on the diff rings from the diff balls. I don`t think it`s suppose to be like that.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm also having problems with my ball diffs, but slightly on a different issue...

I recently installed a front diff (my track has too many tight turns; one-ways just seems too loose). Used all brand new parts (diff rings/lightweight balls/thrust bearing etc), but for some reason, it is just not as smooth as the original rear diff. I reassembled it, and still the same... does anyone know what kind of balls the stock kit came with? I'm sure it's not carbide, but it does feel like it compared to the diff I just built.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

eeyan, Fred said the Diff rings are different!
Old 02-24-2003, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

robinson:

no i don't know anyone from the Tamiya Worlds, though I wish I did
Old 02-24-2003, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by izzyracer
eeyan, Fred said the Diff rings are different!
Izzy,

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I used the F201 Diff Rings (not the TA04 ones)... the diff works, but a little gritty... I'll try to use anti-wear grease on the balls itself and see if it works better... =)
Old 02-24-2003, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Eeyan it will help keep things smooth I use Carbide always and polish the rings when they become worn. 1-2 months on average. One caution on using the AW is that it will thicken the diff action considerably from the usual lubes. I prefer it myself especially on carpet but it is fine outdoors
Old 02-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Servo Saver

Originally posted by futureal
Yesterday in the TCS race I ran, my servo saver began slipping in my Evo 3. I ended up having to replace the three clamp/springs inside it, but after 2 more heats it is already looking a bit worn. I would be interested to see what some of the "pros" are doing for this car.

Mine was hooking up very well, but I roasted a bevel gear in the second qualifier and that bumped me out of the A. I didn't even hit anything this time, just came around a bend in the track and front wheel drive let go.
i have heard that Satoshi (japanese TRF driver and winner on the recent 8th annual yama yama cup) has been removing one of the gold rings from the servo saver...

not sure as to what this does, but is might releave some the problems that you guys are having.

peter
Old 02-24-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thailand International Touring Car Championship

Thailand International Touring Car Championship was held at RCS (Radio Control Speed Way) in Bangkok, Thailand from Feb. 21-23, 2003.

The following famous drivers from Japan participated in this race.
> HPI - Atsushi Hara / Masayuki Miura
> YOKOMO - Shinosuke Adachi / Takashi Kato
> ATLAS - Toyomichi Nakabayashi / Yoshinari Maeda
> TAMIYA - Surikarn Chaidajsuriya / Kiyokazu Suzuki / Toshihiko Hara / Satoshi Maezumi

STOCK CLASS

1st Surikarn Chaidajsuriya (Thailand / TRF / TB Evo. III)
2nd Kazuo Muramatsu (Japan / TB Evo. III)
3rd Toshihiko Hara (Japan / TRF / TB Evo. III)

MODIFIED CLASS

Qualifying Results

TQ Surikarn Chaidajsuriya (Thailand / TRF / TB Evo.III)
2nd Atsuchi Hara (Japan/HPI)
3rd Shinosuke Adachi (Japan/YOKOMO)
4th Kazuo Muramatsu (Japan/ Private / TB Evo.III)
5th Satoshi Maezumi (Japan / TRF / TB Evo.III)
6th Kiyokazu Suzuki (Japan / TRF / TB Evo.III)
7th Toyomichi Nakabayashi (Japan / ATLAS)
8th Takashi Kato (Japan / YOKOMO)
9th Alan Yau (HK / YOKOMO)
10th Thongchai Suebsaithai (Thailand / TC3)

1st Heat
1st Atsushi Hara (HPI)
2nd Satoshi Maezumi (TRF)
3rd Surikarn Chaidajsuriya (TRF)

2nd Heat
1st Surikarn Chaidajsuriya (TRF)
2nd Satoshi Maezumi (TRF)
3rd Atsuchi Hara (HPI)

3rd Heat
2nd Atsushi Hara (HPI)
3rd Satoshi Maezumi (TRF)

Final Results
2nd Atsushi Hara (HPI)
3rd Satoshi Maezumi (TRF)
Old 02-24-2003, 09:24 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Interesting to note that all of Tamiya's top talent are running Evo IIIs now.

Any word on exactly which platforms the HPI and Yokomo drivers were running? "Spy" shots on the net anywhere?

I think that with careful preparation, the Evo III is a top car. However, you really need to check the one-way bevel gear -- and possibly the servo saver -- before each race. Sort of a drag, but maybe worth it after seeing some of the success people are having with the car.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

got mine at last today... thanks Peter Sik! got a few things built, like shocks and cvd's. just got the chassis plate prepped, so i am prolly on a ca buzz... first one of those i ever had to do. if only the Raybrig NSX body i ordered from lhs would show up...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.