Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TB-Evolution III >

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Old 11-19-2005, 09:06 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

how are parts for this car? do they share alot w/the tb02 car. i'm thinkin bout the local track's stock class and gettin away from spec already. there is an evo 3 in that very small box hangin on the wall that my shop will give me a deal on. but i wanted to know bout parts avail/compatibility 1st. thx

-ult
Old 11-19-2005, 11:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

basic parts are REALLY easy to get for the car , it shares the TA-04 and TB-02 parts, only things you might have trouble finding aretop deck, main decks, and the motor mount.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Can someone please post a link to the Evo 3 SE instruction manual? I just purchased a used car, but it didn't come with the instruction manual, and I can't find one online. I'd just like to have it for reference.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

hew hawk6 .Sorry about the manual, I will look around and see if I can find it and send it to you.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sushi Man
basic parts are REALLY easy to get for the car , it shares the TA-04 and TB-02 parts, only things you might have trouble finding aretop deck, main decks, and the motor mount.
Actually, I checked Speedtech and they have the top deck, and a main decks (apparently both the original 2.5 mm and the 3 mm SE), and the motor mount. The locations of some of the parts are a bit mixed up, but they were all there. The only major thing I have not seen lately at Speedtech are the Square aluminum gear cases, which I hope they will get back in stock someday.

I ordered a top deck through a local hobby shop over this last summer and there was no problem getting it, so there does not seem to be a shortage of any of the actual Tamiya parts at all. You simply might not find them on the shelves in your local store.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:27 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hawk6
Can someone please post a link to the Evo 3 SE instruction manual? I just purchased a used car, but it didn't come with the instruction manual, and I can't find one online. I'd just like to have it for reference.

Thanks in advance.
Here you can download a manual for the EVO3 SE.
http://tamiya.com/english/rc/rcmanua...o3surikarn.pdf
Old 11-22-2005, 07:33 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MobileIT
Actually, I checked Speedtech and they have the top deck, and a main decks (apparently both the original 2.5 mm and the 3 mm SE), and the motor mount. The locations of some of the parts are a bit mixed up, but they were all there. The only major thing I have not seen lately at Speedtech are the Square aluminum gear cases, which I hope they will get back in stock someday.

I ordered a top deck through a local hobby shop over this last summer and there was no problem getting it, so there does not seem to be a shortage of any of the actual Tamiya parts at all. You simply might not find them on the shelves in your local store.
I think regarding the Square aluminum gear cases you will have trouble finding them. Square donīt make them anymore and very few if any shops still have them. Speedtech and R10 had them in the past but I doubt they will get them back in stock.
But these and the Jürgen oneway were the best options parts ever made for the EVO 3.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hawk6

Thanks in advance.
http://tamiya.com/english/rc/rcmanua...o3surikarn.pdf

Interesting. Apparently they never did provide a downloadable manual for the original TB Evo III. You are lucky. Then again, there was not really that much difference from the original TB Evo III, except that the original mounted the upper arms on the shock towers, which is not that hard to figure out.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

yeah, lol I ve noticed that there is no manual for the EVO3 original, Itr would help if they had a blank set up sheet for the car too =)!
Old 11-23-2005, 02:22 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Here you can download some EVO3 setupsheets including a blank one. Maybe you have to register first but itīs free.
http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?na...=getit&lid=198
Old 11-23-2005, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

tHANKS!
Old 11-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Wanted to Buy

I know there is a separate forum for "wanted to buy"s, but I wanted to target a specific audience - owners of the Evo 3.

I bought a used Evo 3 a week or so back and it didn't come with the parts to hold a stick pack in place: the "ledge" that mounts to the outside of the chassis, the posts for the bettery strap, and the battery strap.

I'm guessing there are many of you Evo 3 owners that are not using these parts because you are running side by side packs.

If so, how much would it cost (including shipping) to send those parts to me? I live in Illinois, zip code is 61032. I'd prefer to pay with Paypal.

Thanks.

mrodney (the seller of my new car), if you have those parts and can send them to me, just let me know. If not, I'm looking for the lowest price here.

Thanks.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Order the parts set, should be in your manual, much less fuss, if you can, just get 2 ballcups and screw the into the 2 holes on the outside of the chassis here the stickpack thing you want should go, works just as well
Old 11-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

hey hawk6

I still have to search for those parts, It was hard to do this holiday weekend but give me a day or so and I will get back to you on those parts, I think I have them in a box somewere in my basement.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Here's what it costs...

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=272&id=1643

He usually has them in stock. You might want to e-mail him and ask when it'll be back in stock...you can also get them from tamiyausa.com

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.