R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-22-2005, 10:36 AM   #6781
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Ray how are you making out with your EVO III since you have had a few weeks?
Hey,

Only ran it 6 packs Thursday night. It was a dream to drive. I will race it this Sunday and possibly next weekend at the Ohio Sate Championship race at Platinum Hobbies. I talked t my buddy Difuser and he gave me some ideas of more set-ups to try to achieve different thngs!! Looking forward to tomorrow!! HOpe weather doent keep too many racers away tomorrow!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:56 PM   #6782
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Ray - any carpet set-up (with foams) ideas?? I have 1 on the car, but and looking for a couple more ideas just in case my idea don't work....
Old 01-23-2005, 09:27 AM   #6783
Tech Adept

Default Drive train LOUD!!!

Hi everyone!

I don't manage to make my drive train sound quiet, do you have any tips?
Also I'd like to make it free and spin as mutch as possible witch in a way should decrease the sound of it

I found that the bearings run better after being soaked with motor spray and without any bearing oil/lube, is it because the bearings are sealed?

I found that putting grease on the gears doesn't really make the noise decrease and it doesn't help the drive train to get more free....

Any help would be appreciated!!

THANKS!
Tbevofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 09:16 PM   #6784
Tech Regular

Default Re: Drive train LOUD!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tbevofreak
Hi everyone!

Also I'd like to make it free and spin as mutch as possible witch in a way should decrease the sound of it

I found that the bearings run better after being soaked with motor spray and without any bearing oil/lube, is it because the bearings are sealed?

Hi
Running bearings with no lube will make them noisy and kill them quick!!

My evo3 makes a clattering noise when the fr oneway is stuffed.
What type of noise is yours making????
loopedeloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 11:42 PM   #6785
DJB
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Oil your bearings with some light lube light trinity royal oil or fantom stuff.... and sometimes you might need to shim the gearbox to make sure the gears in there are meshing correctly that takes down the noise!!
Old 01-24-2005, 02:00 AM   #6786
Tech Adept

Default NOISE

I think most of the noise comes from the mesh of the gears but I don't have the proper shims....do I HAVE to get the tamiya 10mm shim set or can I find some in a "tool" shop??

My one way doesn't make that much noise much since I have the lightweight shaft and the square gearbox

I think I'm gonna lube my bearings now, Didn't know it will harm them

I use LRP oil for bearings, probably not the best but its made for it so it should work ok....

On my way to find those 0.1/0.2 mm shims....hope i'll find some quickly...

SEE YOU LATER GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tbevofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:53 PM   #6787
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey folks, need a few setup suggestions for my Evo3S on parking lot asphalt with CS27's and 27t stock motor. If anyone has one they want to share, just PM or E-mail me. If you have suggestions for "search" terms I can look them up in the thread. I've tried "evo III setup" and "evo3 setup" but not a whole lot comes up.........I know there were lots of them posted. I'm goin' blind trying to read the entire thread. Thanks for any help.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:06 PM   #6788
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm currently running a monster stock motor...geared at 72/25 for a 90ft straightaway and technical track(twisty) blue front springs, yellow rear springs, yellow sways for both. 50wt oil in both, outter mounts on arms, middle mounts on towers, stock setting blocks on chassis(no spacers) -1camber all around, 0 toe front. go to 72/29 or 72/30 for larger tracks...gives you more top speed.

If you want to drift around the corners beautifully, go copper fronts with blue rear springs...rest of settings the same...its a trip
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:16 PM   #6789
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey Aluma, Thanks ! Been a while since I spent any time here but I'm back to running and enjoying Tamiya.
Can you tell me what tension rates apply to each color of Tamiya sway bar?? Also, not familiar with copper springs, which set do they come with?? And what are the tensions Or tell me where to find such info.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:53 PM   #6790
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to f1larry

What would the steering change be if you switch the front uprights from one side to the other. I know there is a difference just need to know if it will make the steering more agressive or not.

thanks
Old 01-24-2005, 09:32 PM   #6791
DJB
Tech Regular

Quote:
Also, not familiar with copper springs, which set do they come with?? And what are the tensions Or tell me where to find such info.
im not to sure what tension the springs actually are in lbs but they have as many "windings" or bits of spring as a tamiya yellow spring..... which is about 13-14 lbs i think well by squeezing them they feel much the same... the copper a tad harder

correct me if im wrong
Old 01-25-2005, 04:48 PM   #6792
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LOL...oops sorry, copper associated springs. (from TC3 spring set) and the only reason I dont go yellow front is because I dont have an extra set...and dont really need more steering at my track.
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:32 PM   #6793
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to DaNieL_KuO
Default Re: Drive train LOUD!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tbevofreak
Hi everyone!

I found that putting grease on the gears doesn't really make the noise decrease and it doesn't help the drive train to get more free....

Any help would be appreciated!!

THANKS!
I think the noise is from your gear mesh in your diff and bevel gear.You can shim it closer .either that your bevel gears could be worn or stripped. I sugggest getting new bevel gears, diff gears and reshim everything replace.then walla should help....
DaNieL_KuO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:35 PM   #6794
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to DaNieL_KuO

Quote:
Originally posted by Evoracer
Hey folks, need a few setup suggestions for my Evo3S on parking lot asphalt with CS27's and 27t stock motor. If anyone has one they want to share, just PM or E-mail me. If you have suggestions for "search" terms I can look them up in the thread. I've tried "evo III setup" and "evo3 setup" but not a whole lot comes up.........I know there were lots of them posted. I'm goin' blind trying to read the entire thread. Thanks for any help.
I run 64 pitch, I use a 97 spur and 35 tooth pinnion, sometimes 37 tooth or 34,33 depending on the track layout.
DaNieL_KuO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 08:01 PM   #6795
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My one way doesn't make that much noise much since I have the lightweight shaft and the square gearbox

what are these square gear boxxes and who makes them. i have an evo 3 SE and have ordered the light weight shaft also the manual says to grease the diff gears.does this help to save the gears?
therealshark is offline   Reply With Quote