Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

rough: I didnt know there was a carbon shaft for the evoIII Who makes them? Kailangan ko nyan
Old 09-09-2004, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by work
rough: I didnt know there was a carbon shaft for the evoIII Who makes them? Kailangan ko nyan

Not sure either, anyway my post should have been "lightweight" shaft. Somehow my fingers typed "carbon instead". You know anybody who has a machine shop? We can have our present prop shafts, split and fitted with carbon rods to lighten them up. I know some place where we can buy them carbon rods.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by rough512
Not sure either, anyway my post should have been "lightweight" shaft. Somehow my fingers typed "carbon instead". You know anybody who has a machine shop? We can have our present prop shafts, split and fitted with carbon rods to lighten them up. I know some place where we can buy them carbon rods.
Yes a close friend of mine actually owns a machine shop. I'll PM you
Old 09-10-2004, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

hey guys.
just ued the evo3 with the LW suspension on it on carpet.
the car was using cs22's with csm inserts.
the car was all kit settings and kit settings on the LW suspension.
all the changes i made were white springs up front with yellow anti roll bar with shocks on the outer hole on shock tower.
the rear was with blue spring with no anti roll bars.
in the first two heats the grip didnt seem there so the car felt very stable.
in the 3rd heat the car had more grip due to the grip coming up.
it came up quit quick after the second round.[ ]
in the 3rd heat we did our FTD and this put us 6th overall for the a main.
in the final i was 3rd and up with 2nd but the car had to much grip and was grip rolling even though i went up to purple springs front and greys rear.
any way after grip rolling about 4 times we still finished 6 th so it was still good.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:21 AM
Tech Master

oh and i beat a 415 with exactly the same set -up.
and he had LW suspension!
Old 09-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

Hello,

I need a few questions answered. And I appoligize up front if these have been answered. Recently I was looking in an old issue of the RC Car Action mag and they did a review of the Evo III Surikarn Edition. They have a little blow pic of all the red aluminum upgrades that come with it. Now with all that said I was trying to find somewhere online or someone online that could give me the parts numbers for a few parts to buy.

I am looking for the red hubs, the clip on motor heat sink and the shock mounting hardware. About the shock mounting hardware. I have a Losi and have installed the PRP Version 2 shock towers (this may not mean anything to you guys but wanted to let you know) and trying to install the Flourine shocks. And looking at the pic in the mag the hardware looks alot better than the mickey mouse'd way I'm trying to do it.

So if you guys can help at all. I would greatly appreciate it. And if these questions have already been answered I'm sorry but my ADD got the better of me after reading through 4 of the 221 pages.

Joe
Old 09-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default help with gearing!!!!!!!!!!

hi guys.... i have a outdoor racing coming up.
it's about 120ft long with lots of 180's....

looking for some set ups and a good ratio, using 96 spur and a orion hara 7x1. with foam tires......

again thanx alot guys....
Old 09-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

anyone???????????????????????
Old 09-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Ask someone at this track for a rollout
Old 09-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I just got a used EVO III and did my 1st race last night after having a few problems, I got it out for the main, being in last place I managed to pull up into 3rd.

The car seams to have a little to much over steer. The tail was coming out mid corner, even under power.

Also what is a good pinion to run with a Monster Stock engine? I ran a 35, but the car didn't feel "fast" and acceleration was not there. On pavement it's totally hooked up, it's this carpet that kills me!

here is the deal, my car didn't come with sway bards, and the one way is glued in place, so I replaced it with a ball diff.

This was a carpet race, do you guys have any setup help?

What are some good Hop-ups for the car? I have the alloy drive shafts and alloy center shaft.

Is the new light weight TRF suspension worth the $100?

Any tips on this car? I'm going to race it and hopefully be competitive! I'm a total newbie, only been into RC for about a month!
Old 09-16-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Try going to a real basic setup (yellow springs, yellow sway bars, 40wt oil, A blocks, 1 deg toe in front, -1 deg camber) and go from there. Or go with the stock Surikarn kit setup and go from there

I'll report whats up next time I get to carpet and try my Evo3 out there....Next Saturday
Old 09-18-2004, 12:43 AM
HPZ
Tech Apprentice

hi guys,
I would like to report that i have made a one-way gear from a ball-diff gear (parts in Aus are hard to get ) . Also i took the time to finally try out BigDogRacing's mod, and tested it. I would like to say that it works great and i would recommend if to any one out there...also i'll be doing some further test and see how the mod holds up and the ball-diff gear mod
Old 09-18-2004, 12:48 AM
HPZ
Tech Apprentice

Default Bearings

i would like to ask , when you open and clean the ball bearings and oil them with thin oil, are they meant to make noise when you spin them? I opened two and oiled them, they are alot freer, but now make some sound when i spin them. I stopped at 2 bearings for now until i get some advise.

Thanks guys
Old 09-18-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by HPZ
hi guys,
I would like to report that i have made a one-way gear from a ball-diff gear (parts in Aus are hard to get ) . Also i took the time to finally try out BigDogRacing's mod, and tested it. I would like to say that it works great and i would recommend if to any one out there...also i'll be doing some further test and see how the mod holds up and the ball-diff gear mod
I did the ball diff gear mod to the front one-way too....Made me strip the crown gears instead. I just got the new, longer shaft and it seems to make the drivetrain a bit freeer too.

Whats the BigDogRacing mod?

Hmm...Now I gotta decide between 414M2 and Evo3SL....gotta sell one of them. Maybe I should sell both and get a 415 like pops did
Old 09-18-2004, 05:07 PM
HPZ
Tech Apprentice

The BigDogRacing mod is just basically keeps the small front bevel gear from sliding fowards in a frontal collision.

ask BigDogRacing because he has got some photos of the method and probably can explain it better than me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.