Originally posted by DJB
are the aluminium gearboxes worth the weight offset they have. or do the plastic ones cut it when the threads arent stripped??
I´m using the Square gearboxes since about one year now and I think these are some of the parts really worth the money.
- drivetrain is much more free
- bearings are better supported
- no more stripped threads
- looks really cool
- no shimming necessary. Every Square gearbox is the same unlike the plastic gearbox.
- much stiffer chassis. I´m using the 2.5 mm chassis only and this is even stiffer than the 3mm chassis with the plastic gearboxes.
- won´t help very much with the oneway gear problem
- a little expensive but really worth the money
- heavier. But you could remove the center brace with the screws and save a little weight again as the chassis is so stiff now so the brace isn´t needed any longer.