Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Thanks....

I got yellows all around ATM and Brandon's been telling me the G/S combo is great

I think I'll prefer the diff....got my roll centers set using the ride height guage (don't ask...lol...all I know is I got it right) I think i'll try Yellow all around with a yellow sway bar as a starting point but if that doesn't work I'll go Gold/Silver and if that fails I'll bum a pair of white springs off someone and try white/blue

Wait a sec...Marc...Your'e Marc Mendoza! right?
Old 05-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default New oneway ring gears??

Well I got my order from Tamiya and Just got the chance to install a new ring gear, old one got striped last race... Anyhow I have the larger CF ring gear backing plate and it wont fit on the ring gear anymore. Had to go back to the stock one. The ring gear is now more beefy up top and is slotted for the stock CF backing plate. Anyone know how well these work?
Old 05-08-2004, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Hi i've been using the new gears, the new longer shaft and carbon backing plate and it seem to stop the stripping for me. Dose anyone know what are some good bearings (i want performance without having to open it up all the time), are the blue shield bearings any good? how do you clean a oneway out, my one is fully of gunk, but i'm not sure if you can clean it with mess or something.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

you can get acer ceramic bearings those are the best .cant you clean the one way with motor spray ?
Old 05-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by devil
Hi i've been using the new gears, the new longer shaft and carbon backing plate and it seem to stop the stripping for me. Dose anyone know what are some good bearings (i want performance without having to open it up all the time), are the blue shield bearings any good? how do you clean a oneway out, my one is fully of gunk, but i'm not sure if you can clean it with mess or something.
You can soak you beraings in motor spray and that will free them up. RC4Less has a grade 7 ceramic bearing set for EVO3. At $100 it's a good value and worthy investment to you car.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:52 AM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Re: New oneway ring gears??

Originally posted by losispeed
Well I got my order from Tamiya and Just got the chance to install a new ring gear, old one got striped last race... Anyhow I have the larger CF ring gear backing plate and it wont fit on the ring gear anymore. Had to go back to the stock one. The ring gear is now more beefy up top and is slotted for the stock CF backing plate. Anyone know how well these work?
Well I've got an example of the beefy new gear with eight teeth missing, if that answers your question.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

I think THE fix is the 2mm longer shaft.....

Can't you just slap a TB02 shaft in there & be safe?
Old 05-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: New oneway ring gears??

Originally posted by WC
Well I've got an example of the beefy new gear with eight teeth missing, if that answers your question.
Well I took the time to try the pin fix, Race day is tomorrow.... If I can sneak out long enough that is! If it holds up for the day Ill be happy...
Old 05-08-2004, 02:06 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: New oneway ring gears??

Originally posted by WC
Yes that new gear isnīt much better than the old one as it still keeps breaking. But the problem isnīt the gear but the poorly designed oneway and the gearbox.
I got a prototyp oneway gear about half a year ago at the German outdoor Champs but I didnīt use it any time as it doesnīt fit the Jürgen oneway. Also I saw some guys breaking the proto gear which in fact is the same as the new production gear. This custom oneway works way better even if you see the fact the old gear is made of a very soft plastic.

We will see what Tamiya will do to the EVO4 regarding oneway and gearbox. For the moment there is the Square aluminium gearbox and the custom oneway so there is no need for me changing for any other car as the EVO3 still is very fast.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Hi V12,

Got my Square Gearboxes already But I had a bad night at the track After only a couple of batteries, I rolled the car - nothing special - and when I checked the car I found there was some damge to the chassis near the motor It's like a little piece of the carbon fibre is missing The chassis is ok, but it is really anoying!!!
Then the camber arm came loose and I hit the wall really hard - I lost my red spacers which were under the arm and my speed controller opened up My old one broke last week and now the casing of the new one is broken Fortunately I can use the old casing to fix this problem.

I went home after this, as I felt I couldn't drive that evening - somehow nothing work and I was driving like a beginner

Tomorrow it's Nitro car at the Nürnberg track Hopefully things will go better

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

V12, forgot to say - talked to Mr Kess about the 415 - couldn't talk long, but he didn't like it so much.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:40 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
V12, forgot to say - talked to Mr Kess about the 415 - couldn't talk long, but he didn't like it so much.

Cheers, Mark.
I think he didnīt like it because he didnīt win at the nationals.
Maybe he should give it away..........cheap. I take it then.

But heīs the only driver I ever heard of not liking the 415.
I canīt say anthing in this regard as I never have driven a 415 by now.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by V12
But heīs the only driver I ever heard of not liking the 415.
I canīt say anthing in this regard as I never have driven a 415 by now.
I've heard VERY mixed reviews on this car.....If it handles/drives like the MR-4TC then I like the shaft drive/ball diff combo way better
Old 05-08-2004, 02:52 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Mark
Those Square gearboxes look very cool.
And you really should take care of the screws going into any aluminium parts. I had some screws going loose a little but didnīt lost them completely. Usually I check before each run.

Do you have dry weather in Nürnberg? So have fun with the nitro.
I know this track from the old 1:10 onroad days. Pretty fast there. Did win one race there some years ago.

A friend of me is at the qualifying race for the 1:10 nitro nationals this weekend at the Türkheim track. Maybe they will have rain there as itīs here also. Not that much fun in the rain.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:59 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally posted by The Black Kat
I've heard VERY mixed reviews on this car.....If it handles/drives like the MR-4TC then I like the shaft drive/ball diff combo way better
I think nobody tried the 415 outdoors here yet. Maybe itīs a carpet car only. At least it seems working awesome indoors. We will see whatīs happening at asphalt tracks.
But the Pro4 will be released before the most important outdoor races like Worlds and European Champs so I think most Tamiya drivers will change again to shaft drive.

Canīt say anything regarding the MR-4TC as I left Yokomo after the old YR-4 M2 days. Didnīt like the plastic chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.