R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-05-2004, 05:03 AM   #6181
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default stuff

hey hey

does anybody know where i can find a part # listing for tamiya hop up option parts? i'm looking specifically for tao4 trf ssg parts, but can't find a decent part listing anywhere.

any help would be much appreciated.

and does anybody else reckon that tamiya buggy looks suspiciously like a yokomo mx4.. if only i could read japanese.
ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:22 AM   #6182
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Re: stuff

Quote:
Originally posted by ringo
tao4 trf ssg parts
53605 SSG upper deck
53606 SSG lower deck
53607 front damper stay
53608 rear damper stay
53675 SSG battery plates

ps: wrong thread
www.MelbRC.org
----------------
WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:23 AM   #6183
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by fabolousRC
That plus Tamiya seemed wasn't happy with the performance of the 415 at the preworlds....I guess they came to the track thinking that if the 414 succeeded, why wouldn't the 415 be? You guys ought to remember that the 415 has a similar layout as the MR4TC awhile back and Masami couldn't do anything in either of the worlds (I could be mistaken) as far as winning...other than podium finish yet the car rocks in japan (possibly on carpet tracks). I hope Tamiya finally recognizes that They're intended to stay with the shaft driven technology
Well if you ignore the face Hara won the worlds with a MR4 Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:44 AM   #6184
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to fabolousRC Send a message via Yahoo to fabolousRC

but it was a lighter design though...I had to admit, Hara did win with MR on the first ISTC...but on the second one where Hara is the HPI driver now, Masami, who was driving the same car couldn't do much to claim the championship other than placing...third if I'm not mistaken?

Think about it...the motor is mounted transverse and horizontally away from the center of gravity vertex as for the EVO is actually closer. So..eventhough it's same old motor when the car is turning the motor actually made the car roll more because the motor affect the width of the car. It'll work better on the short track but on a big track like Florida you can't be fast enough. On top of that, the motor was on the furthest point/closest point to the left rear tire which makes tuning very sensitive. Have you seen how big that track is?

As for XXXS which placed I think about 5-6 cars on the A main. What happen is that since the motor is more aft than 415/MR4TC it strikes better balance especially when you put a battery pack right next to it. Not to the absolute perfect but closer than what the 415s are.

The TB's/TC3s/4SDs longitudinal positions somewhat in between XXXS and the actual preferred positon: right in the middle of everything. The weight of the motor is spread forward and placed much closer to the center of the car so there is less natural roll compared to 415s.

Although belt drive usually better on the big track...I don't know what's going on here...a shaft driven one won the pre-worlds...could there be a change in technology?

Lex Tyler Paints \ Norcal Hobbies \ Bay Area Peninsula R/C Club
fabolousRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:07 AM   #6185
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by fabolousRC
tamiya just thought that it was a proven basis for the next belt driven project which it wasn't...if they want to get anything close to it, I would recommend tamiya copying either XXXS or KXOne because surikarn is a very capable driver so is everyone else in TRF either International, US or Europe (Reinhard). You must also remember that 415 is pretty heavy compared to 414M2...let alone the new lightweight bulkhead that came out at the same time as the SSG chassis. The reason why the TB EVO III and the 414x so successful was the because the chassisl was so balance on any surface plus the technology was so refined that Tamiya didn't really need to do much except for a few bugs on the III platform and a few pieces on the 414 (SSG chassis and LW bulkhead).

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a recall in RC world...especially in Japanese companies because of tooling cost. They knew the front gear box was a problem but they don't want to dig more money to retool its manufacturing process and elect to introduce all changes into another evolution aka EVO IV.

The good thing about this is that they finally recognise that their shaft driven car is actually a formidable weapon for TRF because as soon as TRF switches to 415 they made a few wins but the TB scored even more even beyond the discontinuation of the product. It was just like when Tamiya discontinued 414M2 and introduced EVO III you still see a lot of Tamiya racers used 414M2 winning all over the world before all of sudden and out of nowhere the EVO III started to scramble its competitior around and almost put them on shambles.

I wonder what would happen if they get Barry Baker to drive for TRF...hmmm...I heard he LOVES golf...so does the japanese people...that could be match made in heaven, don't you think?
The Tamiya TRF 415 has won more things than the Evo 3 did. I dont see what your problem is with the 415?

The biggest issue with the tamiya range at the moment is the stagnation of the suspension setup as its been the same now since the 414 was introduced. This is going to now hopefully be sorted with the evo 4.

Also the 415 is a very light car, just as the 414 was. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:17 AM   #6186
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper

My 415 with titanium screws is about 40g lighter than the EVO3 SL (also with titanium screws).
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:06 PM   #6187
Tech Initiate

can you guys tell me the part number for the tb02 shaft? i really need to get one. the one i found is listed as 50993 evoIII shaft .
peachpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:39 PM   #6188
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to fabolousRC Send a message via Yahoo to fabolousRC

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
The Tamiya TRF 415 has won more things than the Evo 3 did. I dont see what your problem is with the 415?

The biggest issue with the tamiya range at the moment is the stagnation of the suspension setup as its been the same now since the 414 was introduced. This is going to now hopefully be sorted with the evo 4.

personally I don't like belt drives not just 415 alone...it'll be awhile till I ever like belt driven cars again. I've driven one and it wasn't suited to my driving style..don't know why. I found the TA03 much better to drive than my TA04 for some reason

Lex Tyler Paints \ Norcal Hobbies \ Bay Area Peninsula R/C Club
fabolousRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 01:40 PM   #6189
Tech Fanatic

50993 is the std shaft, the lt wt is 53686.
dsrbltoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:05 PM   #6190
Tech Master

Hey...what would be a good roll center to start out with? ATM I have no spacers under the inner camber link. What would be a good starting point?
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:09 PM   #6191
DZ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Kat
Hey...what would be a good roll center to start out with? ATM I have no spacers under the inner camber link. What would be a good starting point?
Standard is 5mm on the front link and zero on the rear link and i have been using the longest link hole

dz
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:12 PM   #6192
Tech Master

I know...but is that a good starting point?
Old 05-05-2004, 08:39 PM   #6193
Tech Regular

The Black Kat - This is Marc... here's a basic setup I use at Sheldons:

Front/Rear
Springs: Tamiya White/Blue
Shock oil: 60wt/50wt
Sway bars: Yellow/None
Upper shock positions: Outer/Middle
Inner roll center spacing: 5mm/2mm
Toe: 0deg/3deg (A/C blocks)
Ride height: 6mm/6mm
Droop: 3mm/3mm (measured by raising car and subtracting ride height)
Tires: CS27/CS27
Gearing for Monster Stock motor: 96/33 or 34
Aurra Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:51 PM   #6194
Tech Master

Hey Marc/Aurra

What could I use as a substitute for the White/Blue....I don't have White but I got the associated springs.

I can do some of those things right away....Good thing the only pair of good outdoor tires i got are CS-27s

And is that with a one-way or a diff?

Last edited by The Black Kat; 05-05-2004 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:20 PM   #6195
Tech Regular

You can use Associate Gold up front and silvers in rear. Tamiya yellows all around well works well at that track. The setup works with either a diff or one-way.
Aurra Sing is offline   Reply With Quote