R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-17-2004, 03:08 AM   #5611
Tech Fanatic

I have seen the new oneway gears, they are the same as the normal ones but with more material around the edge of the gear so now the carbon plate actually sits into a hole in the gear. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 06:44 AM   #5612
Tech Regular

well since i put in teh tech racing prop and square gearbox, my drive trains been just as good as the car i tell ya.

It is a bit heavy.... thats why...

Im going to get it replicated in aliminium hopefully. ill do 1 , test it out and if its any good ill make a few to sell.. anyone interested?

Tarnj
Evo_Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 12:04 PM   #5613
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to ngo8

is there anyone that makes aluminum outdrives for the evo 3 ive looked everywhere and noone has them i would apreciate thae help unfortunately this car has some bad diffs that always melt .
ngo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 12:18 PM   #5614
Tech Initiate

Default new gears

Rick

Itried the new gears 3 mounths ago
they beter but they still break

the tech prop shaft is the only thing that really helps

greetings
gizmo
gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 01:04 PM   #5615
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans

Quote:
Originally posted by ngo8
is there anyone that makes aluminum outdrives for the evo 3 ive looked everywhere and noone has them i would apreciate thae help unfortunately this car has some bad diffs that always melt .

I've been having the same problem (racing carpet mod with foams). I've been looking, but unfortunately haven't found any or any that will fit. If you find some let me know.

For now, you can try gluing the rings onto the outdrives and around the edge. So when the rings heat up they don't break free of the flat area. When the rings break free and spins, that's when the inner plastic (D shape) melts over the rings. The white outdrives are less prone to melting.

This also happens to other cars such as the TC3, that's why they have the steel outdrives.

I got a quote from a machine shop on producing some, they said $70 and a minimum of 10. I'll do it if we get enough people.
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 01:05 PM   #5616
Tech Fanatic

My mate has had the gears since september now............

TBH the tech prop does not fix the issue as in a big enough crash the front will all still flex due to the front stabilizer been used to steady the front part of the prop shaft not been a intergrated part of the gearbox.

O and it creates another issue, it increases the weight of the drivetrain by almost the same weight as the entire drivetrain again. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 01:08 PM   #5617
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

why do you guys even bother with the evo III? Plenty of other cars that meet or exceed the performance and no severe design flaw.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 01:12 PM   #5618
Tech Initiate

Default Problem Evo3

Hi floks!

I have a problem with my car. I can't get enove traction. I have oversteer, understeer and wheelspin. I am able to drive good times but it is not enove. It's not so bad as it thems. But - What can I do? Is there a trick, wich I don't know.
There are no problems with the tires. When I drive them on the 414, there is no problem with. Can you help me?

Thanks!
Albino2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 01:13 PM   #5619
Tech Regular

I bother becasue i think its WORTH bothering on.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:20 PM   #5620
Tech Regular

anyone read this ? its quite cool http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/rc/...edyrace03.html
Old 02-17-2004, 01:24 PM   #5621
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Evo_Uk
I bother becasue i think its WORTH bothering on.
would you rather be racing or fixing broken parts?
Old 02-17-2004, 01:29 PM   #5622
Tech Regular

nothings ever broken on it except 1 one way gear last year. ive been useing a diff in the front for a while as the track i race at needs some braking. but even now when i use a 1 way , no problems.
Havent ever broke anything....
Car feels great to drive, so quick too. beeing setting FTD in stock repeatidly for a while now.

The thing i really like about it , i can get it to do what i want it to do so easily.

just my thoughts though mate, i can see where your coming from
Old 02-17-2004, 01:32 PM   #5623
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Evo_Uk
nothings ever broken on it except 1 one way gear last year. ive been useing a diff in the front for a while as the track i race at needs some braking. but even now when i use a 1 way , no problems.
Havent ever broke anything....
Car feels great to drive, so quick too. beeing setting FTD in stock repeatidly for a while now.

The thing i really like about it , i can get it to do what i want it to do so easily.

just my thoughts though mate, i can see where your coming from
that's cool... not trying to be a jerk just trying to figure out why you guys stick with the car. I know so many that have dumped cars for lesser issues.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:37 PM   #5624
Tech Regular

Old 02-17-2004, 02:03 PM   #5625
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
why do you guys even bother with the evo III? Plenty of other cars that meet or exceed the performance and no severe design flaw.
Well, the car is very good and very durable otherwise. Even if I strip a gear I can still finish a race unlike the TC3s and the Yokomos out there when a big crash can take the car out. R2 and R3 are good too but I too see them break (though less often) and I hear that the chassis understeers. I am curious about the Pro4 and may try the TRF415 when it comes out.

It's also a lot of work to learn a new car and set it up right especially the car is still performing well.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote