R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2004, 03:10 PM   #5536
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 479
Default

anti squat / kickup ?
Evo_Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 03:25 PM   #5537
DZ
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: CRAZY 88 - 002
Posts: 582
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Both rear blocks...

does it have the same effect as anti squat.?

dz
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 03:28 PM   #5538
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Sheffield, UK
Posts: 737
Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200
Default

No, it changes the Roll centre. Basically it's about the same as decreasing the number of spacers of the turnbuckle, but with a chassis taking more roll.

Roll provides grip, but too much roll is not good, so adding roll could be useful in low grip conditions.
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 04:46 PM   #5539
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Evo_Uk
could you tell if it done any good to the drive train in terms of binding and 1way gear probs?
I have a Tech Racing 3pc shaft set installed. It does help with binding issues as the shaft now floats. The shaft can also be easily shimmed to prevent excessive play.

However it does not solve the 1-way stripping issue completely. It helps with minor crashes but most crashes still results in stripping.

Using the square alloy gearbox with the 3pc shaft might help more but it will also greatly increase the weight of the car.
__________________
Awesomatix A700L (building) | VBC Wildfire D07 (building) |416WE/X Smokem | Hobbywing 120A v2.1 | Sanwa M11x
itchynads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 05:54 PM   #5540
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Oh yeah, and what were those bearings you mentioned? Are they from Tamiya?
bearings? I did not mention any bearings...
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:03 PM   #5541
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
bearings? I did not mention any bearings...
It was the post above yours, I must have hit the wrong quote button.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 03:43 AM   #5542
Tech Adept
 
hemi426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 103
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Speaking of the weight: I am trying to get my Evo 3 down to 1500g. ESC is the Quantum Competition, Receiver is the Schulze Alpha 440 and Servo will be Graupner (JR) DS8025 (as soon as it arrives). Cells are from GP (3300)

Is there a lighter wheel than the Dish Types? Has anyone seen a table with the weight of Tamiya parts?

The weight of a Dish Type Rim (2mm Offset) with hard Tamiya inserts and a Type A tire is approx. 31g

Hemi

Last edited by hemi426; 02-05-2004 at 04:15 AM.
hemi426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:07 AM   #5543
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,640
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by hemi426
Speaking of the weight: I am trying to get my Evo 3 down to 1500g. ESC is the Quantum Competition, Receiver is the Schulze Alpha 440 and Servo will be Graupner (JR) DS8025 (as soon as it arrives). Cells are from GP (3300)

Is there a lighter wheel than the Dish Types? Has anyone seen a table with the weight of Tamiya parts?

The weight of a Dish Type Rim (2mm Offset) with hard Tamiya inserts and a Type A tire is approx. 31g

Hemi
The DS8025 servo is one of the lightest servos as it uses all plastic gears and works good. I was using it in my EvO3 and also in the TC3 before but now switched to the Futaba 9550.

Regarding rims I just had two types on the scales.
The stock EVO3 rims are 41 gramms (4 pieces) and the Team Orion Hard are 35 gramms (4 pieces). The Schumacher Revlite are about the same as the Orion and I like both of them more than the Tamiya as these are too stiff in my opinion.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:22 AM   #5544
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V12
The DS8025 servo is one of the lightest servos as it uses all plastic gears and works good. I was using it in my EvO3 and also in the TC3 before but now switched to the Futaba 9550.

Regarding rims I just had two types on the scales.
The stock EVO3 rims are 41 gramms (4 pieces) and the Team Orion Hard are 35 gramms (4 pieces). The Schumacher Revlite are about the same as the Orion and I like both of them more than the Tamiya as these are too stiff in my opinion.
I've just taken the centre brace out and together with the screws, it only save 11g.
Do you keep the carbon battery holder onto of the batteries or do you just tape them down onto the chassis?
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:35 AM   #5545
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

V12 & Hemi,

What motors are you using - I've got the Tamiya 17 Turn Blue Acto-Power. Maybe this is also heavier than other motors.

The 17 is a little too slow for me now.

Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:56 AM   #5546
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,640
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Mark
I kept the original battery holder as I donīt like fiddling around with tape. I donīt care about the weight of the batteryholder as my EVO3 is at the limit sometimes even under limit.

I donīt have choice of motors as Iīm running race series with limited motors most times. If you want a really fast but economical priced 17T motor look for the GM Racing GP 17T order-# 97150. Power is at about 200W so somewhat lower than the modifieds but way faster than the Tamiya motors and real good torque and rebuildable also. Donīt know exactly what it costs but I think around 35 Euros. Best is calling Friedel. But donīt go for a Corally or CS motor if they donīt have this one. You also could look at HK http://www.hk-shop.de/index.php?doop...504e42ed11488b Just found out it only costs 29 Euro there plus shipping.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:01 AM   #5547
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V12
Mark
I kept the original battery holder as I donīt like fiddling around with tape. I donīt care about the weight of the batteryholder as my EVO3 is at the limit sometimes even under limit.

I donīt have choice of motors as Iīm running race series with limited motors most times. If you want a really fast but economical priced 17T motor look for the GM Racing GP 17T order-# 97150. Power is at about 200W so somewhat lower than the modifieds but way faster than the Tamiya motors and real good torque and rebuildable also. Donīt know exactly what it costs but I think around 35 Euros. Best is calling Friedel. But donīt go for a Corally or CS motor if they donīt have this one. You also could look at HK http://www.hk-shop.de/index.php?doop...504e42ed11488b Just found out it only costs 29 Euro there plus shipping.
Thanks for the information.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:38 AM   #5548
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Technical Motor Question

In terms of driving what diiference does more power make (Watts) and what difference does more torque make?

Ok,
more power = faster

and

more torque = more driveable

But how does this translate to what I see on the track. I take it more torque means I can accelerate out of corners better and more power means I can go faster down the straight.
But if I had a motor with good torque but poor power would I still be able to accelerate well? And if I had a really powerful motor with poor torque wouldn't this mean it wouldn't go fast?

Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:50 AM   #5549
Tech Adept
 
hemi426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 103
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I am using the Tamiya 11T Super Modified.

The entire car has a weight of 1524g with the NSX Raybrig Body.
The Keil PS5000 Servo I have currently installed is making some trouble. It's heavy (compared to the DS8025) and it needs a very high current, so I had to connect it directly to the ESC to power it.

But worst of all, the servo "kicks" to one side, when I punch the throttle, making the front wheels steering to the left (approx 10 degrees). Since I am not a very good driver, this doesn't make things easier to me. I tried other servos and other receivers and it seems to be the servo.

Hemi
hemi426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:00 AM   #5550
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by hemi426
I am using the Tamiya 11T Super Modified.

The entire car has a weight of 1524g with the NSX Raybrig Body.
The Keil PS5000 Servo I have currently installed is making some trouble. It's heavy (compared to the DS8025) and it needs a very high current, so I had to connect it directly to the ESC to power it.

But worst of all, the servo "kicks" to one side, when I punch the throttle, making the front wheels steering to the left (approx 10 degrees). Since I am not a very good driver, this doesn't make things easier to me. I tried other servos and other receivers and it seems to be the servo.

Hemi
Maybe I should choose some different colours for my car to make it lighter

I would recommend a Futaba 9550 - mine is really good. I got it on ebay for about 80 Euro, I think.

I think an 11T is too powerful for me, though.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 06:37 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution II (NEW) ivan3721 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 05-18-2008 04:56 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution 5 veecee Australia For Sale/Trade 3 07-20-2007 07:13 PM
tamiya tb evolution 5 b-man777 Electric On-Road 1 05-24-2006 10:38 AM
XXX-S GP VS Tamiya Evolution III capricess Electric On-Road 29 01-27-2003 07:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:57 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net