Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TB-Evolution III >

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Old 02-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by hemi426
Hi Mark, I know this German Forum, but sometimes it's very difficult getting a comprehensive answer there. This forum seems to be a better place and the general behaviour amongst the forum members seems to be better here...

Btw, can anybody give me the link of Square? I just find a bunch of shops, but would like to know the manufacturer's site.

Hemi
Hemi,

The guy who imports Square into Germany is:

[email protected]

At the moment he has no Transponderhalter

Cheers, Mark.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Hebiki
what if you put the alum. gear on the jurgen one way? would that work better?
V12 was telling me that with the Jürgen One-Way he has had no problems at all with the gear stripping. He also says that the Jürgen One-Way and the Alu Gear don't fit together without some modification - I'll be looking in to how to do this - double protection!
Old 02-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

guys, i'm totally lost in directions!!!

the bevel gears are still stripping...... so mind sharing me your best solution to this???? otherwise, gotta go back with my 414 or wait for the 415......
Old 02-04-2004, 10:22 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That´s not possible as the Jürgen oneway has a very large backingplate and a slightly larger diameter of the onewayhousing therefore it´s optimized for the original plastic gear. The aluminiumgear isn´t a 100% copy of the plastic gear so it won´t fit the Jürgen oneway.

The guy who is making the oneway told me he could do the modifications so the aluminiumgear will fit. But this also means after this no plastic gear will work as with the original Jürgen oneway.

I´m not sure if both parts together make much sense.
You could think it´s a double protection but I think that´s not necessary also it costs much more than only one of them.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Chris, I think that would be too heavy. The Jurgen one-way is already heavier than the stock one and I am contemplating going back to the stock one-way but with the aluminum gear. But the Jurgen is working very well and I don't want to mess with it.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:35 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Chris, I think that would be too heavy. The Jurgen one-way is already heavier than the stock one and I am contemplating going back to the stock one-way but with the aluminum gear. But the Jurgen is working very well and I don't want to mess with it.
I don´t remember how much is the weight of the Jürgen oneway but I think it´s a very small difference. So it really makes no sense going back to the stock oneway.

One of the main problems with the stock oneway is the fact the gear isn´t centered very well if you don´t know how to do this. As the aluminiumgear is very strong this won´t damage it like the plastic one but it will wear out the little pinion gear much faster. Second result with a notcentered gear will be a much higher drag in the drivetrain.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by V12
I´m not sure if both parts together make much sense.
You could think it´s a double protection but I think that´s not necessary also it costs much more than only one of them.
If I can't utilise the two parts at the same time, then, hey! I have to buy another EVO III to put the other part into
Old 02-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by V12
I don´t remember how much is the weight of the Jürgen oneway but I think it´s a very small difference. So it really makes no sense going back to the stock oneway.
12g without gear
Old 02-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default oneway gear fix

I think the best way to fix the problem is to use the Square aluminum gearbox with the penguin backplate.

Old 02-04-2004, 10:49 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Yes, I thought the same and bought a second EVO3. But never had enough time for building since now. Also sold the aluminiumgears in the meantime.
Anyway I would buy a second Jürgen oneway instead of an aluminiumgear. But maybe I will be using a front diff with this EVO3 as we have some tracks where oneways are not working very well.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Building is one part I really enjoy But I'm updating my Nitro car at the moment, so I'm not too keen on spending even more money on yet another car.

Do you race anything else?
Old 02-04-2004, 10:55 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Default Re: oneway gear fix

Originally posted by stonedgti
I think the best way to fix the problem is to use the Square aluminum gearbox with the penguin backplate.

I´m using the Square gearboxes and it really is a much better fit for the oneway or diff bearings. But it doesn´t help very much with the onewaygear problems.
But the Square gearboxes do look very cool.

The penguin plate may work better than the Tamiya graphite plate but it can´t help with the "onewaygear not centered" problem.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The penguin backing plate P2705 is probably one of the best cost/value things you can get for the front one-way gear and you can pick them up from Steve at Speedtech.

I'm not sure if it will completely solve the problem but I have only gone through one gear since early December using the plate in both my mod and socal cars. The socal car with a bone stock drivetrain (no mods or shimming) has taken some pretty good head-ons with boards, a wall or two, and a foot and hasn't stripped anything yet. The last time I stripped a gear was with the 10turn running a spool hitting a parked car on a short chute at full power.

Also, my penguin plates did not come with the countersunk screws to hold it onto the one-way. I wonder if they're supposed to. If not, it would be nice if they are packaged with the plate.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

I really like that pic of that car,

the thing that amazed me the most... the cleanlyness! such a cool shine, how did you get it!

Tarnjit
Old 02-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: oneway gear fix

Originally posted by V12
I´m using the Square gearboxes and it really is a much better fit for the oneway or diff bearings. But it doesn´t help very much with the onewaygear problems.
But the Square gearboxes do look very cool.

The penguin plate may work better than the Tamiya graphite plate but it can´t help with the "onewaygear not centered" problem.
I use the Jurgen one-way and the square gear box and it's been working well. I just took it apart last night and there is nearly no wear after a month of racing. It could also because I've been driving more carefully but there has been bad crashes just the same.

The square gearbox is great not just because it positions the gear better but also that you won't ever strip your gearbox screw thread again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.