R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-10-2003, 09:40 AM   #5131
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Quote:
Are you gonna do some crash testing BDR? Purposely hit a wall with your car on power?
yeah basicy rod ill be running the simple mod at socal with a 9X1 on saterday
#60 of the Original 100
If your not part of the solution
Your part of the problem !
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 09:51 AM   #5132
Tech Fanatic

Dont know about the nationals yet, me and a few others have been talking about doing them but we are not sure what class to do it in yet and the fact we dont particually want to end up doing it 100% on our own is the biggest problem. We are going to proposition the importer and see about trying to get a bit of information sharing from Tamiya Europe and Japan but its all up in the air at the moment.

What i dont understand though is why Tamiya seem to be scating round the main problem of the evo 3 but are relesing new bits like this light weight propshaft and blue conversion kits when they shud just try and fix the gear issue. I have a sneaky suspicion that the new gears will come out with the evo 4 and they will fit in the evo 3 transmission. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 11:52 AM   #5133
Tech Initiate

rick

Tamiya has a new type of bevel gear do you all ready tried that one.
the problem isnt the bevelgear but this one will reduce the nummers of breaking gears.
gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 12:44 PM   #5134
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by gizmo
rick

Tamiya has a new type of bevel gear do you all ready tried that one.
the problem isnt the bevelgear but this one will reduce the nummers of breaking gears.
What's the difference with the new bevel gear? Do you have a part number? I have never had stripped diff gears, it's always been the bevel gear that breaks for me, so a new and improved bevel gear cannot come soon enough!
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 12:54 PM   #5135
Tech Apprentice

I've noticed that my old bevel gears have number "1" on them....and my new bevel gears have "2" on.....
So the "2" bevel gear is the new and improved one?
ksrcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 01:06 PM   #5136
Tech Initiate

no it has nothing to do whit nummers and sorry it isn`t the bevel it is the one way gear sorry for the wrong info.

it has no partnr it was a gift from Tamiya during the euro`s in england but what I have heard you can order them and trust me it saves a few gears, it still brakes but less then the stock ones
gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 01:09 PM   #5137
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No the #1 and the #2 bevel gears are both the old one but different batches or production lines. I was told to use the #1 for the oneway and the #2 for the rear and thats working for me.

But I have to say I donīt know about a new bevel gear.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 01:44 PM   #5138
Tech Regular

yeah Rick i know what you mean. it looks as almost as they are avoiding it, i mean releaseing a blue conversion instead of targeting the problem sounds stupid. My friend said tamiya are actually trying or at least were untill they started work on the evo4 which will involve alot more R&D ( or so they say ). then said also you must understand tamiya arent only RC, they are a huge organisation with many products after all, looking at tamiyas marketing stratagies, they would rather sell 10 TL01s then 1 TBevo3.
Is their a TRF in the UK?
my friend who seen the an evo4 proto didnt give me any other info except it 'looked' different, top deck was different, alot of aliminium similar to a full spec evo3, didnt get to see much though as it was covered.
im guessing/hopeing it will be similar, better weight distribution like closer to the centre. the top deck will be countersunk ( hopefully ) and the positioning with the stiffeners will be redesigned. They will use the new rear uprights. hopefully aliminium gearboxes. and maybe enhanced motor placement and cell placement and that. Steering will be better aswel.
as for the drive train i hope they stick with 1 piece, but get it right, its so much lighter and theoretically delivers better acceleration. the belvels will fit on the prop better ( a pin in design or a different shape to the ends. i was thinking as the prop has a flat edge which makes contact with the pinion it is liable to wear, now if they made the prop and pinion fit together with more curves kinda like a YingYang symbol that would decrease wear... am i right ? ) and it will be longer, the oneway will be redesigned along with better gears . oh and the kit will be supplied with 2 diffs , with ceramic balls ( ok thats getting cheeky )

Rick me and a few friends are planning on doing BTCC and BRCA stock, some Evo3's and 414's ( maybe a 415 ) should be great fun if you or anyone you or know wants to join us it would be great fun!!

cheers
Tarnjit
Evo_Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 07:35 PM   #5139
Tech Fanatic

hey guys, I have a one of the first evo 3's...if I buy a TB-02, what can I transfer to it?
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 11:27 PM   #5140
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer

You can transfer all the parts except the steering, and the motor mount, Look on the Tamiya TB 02 thread
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 03:27 AM   #5141
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by V12
No the #1 and the #2 bevel gears are both the old one but different batches or production lines. I was told to use the #1 for the oneway and the #2 for the rear and thats working for me.

But I have to say I donīt know about a new bevel gear.
I havn't got a change to see what #1, 2 looks like.. but dont you think those are just cavity number on the mould? just to identify which cavities need repair, if any.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 10:00 AM   #5142
V12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
I havn't got a change to see what #1, 2 looks like.. but dont you think those are just cavity number on the mould? just to identify which cavities need repair, if any.
When you look at the #1 and #2 gears they look absolutely identical. But I have been told there are differences at the angle of the teeth. I donīt know if itīs the truth but thatīs what I have been told.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 09:44 PM   #5143
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by trf racer
i just tried marc reinhards wishbone mod on the back only and the back was planted.
why is this?
my track is very flat so unsprung weight wudnt have much effect.
Hey, can someone fill me in on what Marc's wishbone mod is? I'm curious.

Steve
fowlerJr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 01:09 AM   #5144
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by fowlerJr68
Hey, can someone fill me in on what Marc's wishbone mod is? I'm curious.

Steve
he cut the stiffeners out inside the wishbone.
they are much lighter now.
it will decrease unsprung weight and flex more
but they are more prone to braking which i havent yet
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 05:07 AM   #5145
Tech Regular

thanx, can u take a pic of urs and post it?

STeve
fowlerJr68 is offline   Reply With Quote