Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

When i spoke to some of the guys from the TRF team at the reedy race they were saying the graphite gear cases were only been made for team drivers as they were having problems moulding them from graphite and for ever good one there was 7 or 8 bad ones. Rick
Old 12-10-2003, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah I can understand this, as the already had problems moulding the normal gear boxes.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

yeah i think the best fix is the alimininium/Ti gear box's. I noticed the annoying..ness of the gear box's last sunday. i was changeing my wheels then i noticed that i had a horrible tight spot in my drive train, after repeatidly checking borth diffs and pinions and spur and every part i gave up, then as i rebuild it, i was putting the rear gear case on and i noticed that when i tightened it i got the tight spot, so i put a little motor shim between the cases and it DID sort out the problem but im guessing only temporarily , cant wait to put them beautiful red ones in!!!! ( along with the red centre posts and knuckles )

does anyone know if tamiyas new rear uprights will be available in any other colours? they look really sweet BUT 2 blue bits on a full red car.......

and how about the part number for the red lightweight shafts that are used in the rear, im thinking of replaceing the front with them.

Also did anyone notice on the car above he is useing different universal shafts, maybe not the whole part but the wheel axle ( i think thats what it is ) is a silver and not black like with the kit........ Titainium maybe?

Tarnjit
Old 12-10-2003, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just looking on the hpi/orion cup race results page and it would seem Marc Rheinard is also running TC3 gears the same as Randman did when he ran his evo 3. Might have to go and get myself some TC3 gears and diff balls and give it a try. Rick
Old 12-10-2003, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

yeah so i heard aswel rick, looks like a handy mod i think.
i got some pics of the team bombers prop shaft that i will upload soon.

Rick are you planning on doing any nationals next year mate? if so which ones?

cheers Tarnjit
Old 12-10-2003, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

here we go, excuse the dodgeyness
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-syafuto1.jpg  
Old 12-10-2003, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A bunch of us had those carbon center shafts in our hands and they are very light...but none of us bought the bullet and picked on up.

In regards to "Blue" I am removing the blue aluminum steering blocks. That, along with the aluminum front carriers adds up to way too much unsprung weight...Although there is absolutely no slop in the steering system, taking a shot into a wall would transfer ALL impact energy through the suspension and directly into my poor little servo. I guess I need a "weak" spot somewhere. For those Tamiya Track locals who want some bling bling Square Steering blocks (C1/C2) come see me at the track this weekend.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

yeah im geting some

its true though, althogh it strengthens up the point on impact, the impact has to act somewhere to i just must make sure i driver carefuly i guess.

its the rear uprights im on about , can tey be in red?

thanks
Old 12-10-2003, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default kai evo3 new

hey all,
i have a kai chassis never used in the forsale forum it is 3mm thick just thought u might want it for backup so u dont tear yours up or viceversa. thanks
elephant.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Evo_Uk
yeah im geting some

its true though, althogh it strengthens up the point on impact, the impact has to act somewhere to i just must make sure i driver carefuly i guess.

thanks

are the hobby comp bringing them in?
or will i have try try and source them outside of the uk?
Old 12-10-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Rick and whoever else- as I stated before I believe we have fixed the gear stripping problem with a very simple fix. We are testing it again this weekend and will let you know for sure after that so hold off on changing all your stuff. This fix uses the stock gears.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Ack double post...

Oh yeah, those silverish axles are titanium.

Originally posted by BigDogRacing
Rick and whoever else- as I stated before I believe we have fixed the gear stripping problem with a very simple fix. We are testing it again this weekend and will let you know for sure after that so hold off on changing all your stuff. This fix uses the stock gears.
Are you gonna do some crash testing BDR? Purposely hit a wall with your car on power?
Old 12-10-2003, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Evo_Uk
yeah im geting some

thanks
I agree and it makes the front front end very percise and slop free...but there's gotta be give somewhere as I am not exactly the most careful of drivers. I like to charge hehe.

The packaged uprights I saw in Japan were silver, I'm not sure when or if they'll do blue/red.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

also heard Tamiya Germany are releaseing an evo3 prop shaft very soon,
Old 12-10-2003, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

anyone got any info on the Evo4 Prototype that has been spotted at tracks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.