Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: 2nd Run

Originally posted by izzyracer
I was at Tamiya today again

I thought Tamiya Track is only open on Satursdays??? By the way, what time do they open the track on Satursdays and Sundays?? And what time do they close the track??? thanks
Old 01-20-2003, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

I stripped the car down today, and I found a problem with the front one-way bevel Diff ring gear. I'm not sure if it came this way or was it my doing, but two teeth on the ring gear were slightly bent causing the drivetrain to feel "notchy" at that spot. It looks as if it was not molded properly. I checked the two other one-way diff ring gear that came with the kit and found those to be okay. After replacing it the drivetrain now feels much smoother than before.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Steve,

I too rebuild the car and had the same exact problem on the one way bevel diff with the two teeth being bent. I also notice after I replace and re-install the gear boxes that I did not had to force the diffs to sit properly like the first time, it is also very smooth at the moment. It could be a first time installation issue. It's excellent that they put extra gears with the EVO's
Guys check your front one way bevel diff after a few runs, if you still have a clicking issue or uneven feel when you rotate the wheels freely!
Old 01-20-2003, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: 2nd Run

Originally posted by TRF-Powered
I thought Tamiya Track is only open on Satursdays??? By the way, what time do they open the track on Satursdays and Sundays?? And what time do they close the track??? thanks
TRF,

I apologize, but I meant Saturday, they are close Sundays. They open Saturdays from 10 a to 4 p
Old 01-20-2003, 01:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by izzyracer
Steve,

I too rebuild the car and had the same exact problem on the one way bevel diff with the two teeth being bent. I also notice after I replace and re-install the gear boxes that I did not had to force the diffs to sit properly like the first time, it is also very smooth at the moment. It could be a first time installation issue. It's excellent that they put extra gears with the EVO's
Guys check your front one way bevel diff after a few runs, if you still have a clicking issue or uneven feel when you rotate the wheels freely!
Which is why I bought 10 spare front gears
Old 01-20-2003, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ray, This might not even be an issue for you but with a all graphite chassis if the batteries touch the graphite you will get some dead shorting and your car will loose punch. It will still work but it will seem very slow. I would recomend laying some ele tape down on the sides of the battery slots and try the car again. Like I said this might not even be an issue for you but I have seen it happen many times for the schumacher guys and their chassis setup is very similar.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default dead shorting

kingzj-I did notice that if I tapped a flapper-my car did feel slower punch wise afterwards!!-I think you have a very good point there!!! I'll do some more work on my chassis to keep the cells from dead-shorting onto thechassis or drive-shaft.

Ray
Old 01-20-2003, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

cool hopefully it will work. Because what I have seen of the car so far it has tons of rip!!!
Old 01-20-2003, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Might have figured it out

In this car I put a "new/refurb" Cyclone that was in my Losi XXXS. That car was always slow in stock and never felt like it had the rip it should have. Neutral always felt to big as well. I use a Pit Wizard so I know parameters are all fine. I was always way off the pace with that car.
But my other Losi set-up the same was always way faster.

So-I think my lack of rip issue was caused by the speeder. Wont know for sure till Saturday practice!!!
Old 01-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default tc2 issues

I had the same thing happen with me and my tc2.I was getting yanked everywhere.Anyways it was sent back and they gave me a refurb but yet to install it.The minute I put my gt7 in it was all good.I here the tc2 can be set up to be a little more punchythen the gt7,which is fine with me because if it is more punchy then my gt7 then I will love it.Hope your issues get resolved....this car is good.
Old 01-20-2003, 01:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Has anyone raised the suspension like the 414 and tried it out yet?
Old 01-20-2003, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default Jun's setup

Hey nanako...
Jun raised the rear 2mm but left the front flat on chassis.I am gonna try it.By the way,Does anyone have a spare front oneway gear?Tcs is coming and noone in the states{as far as I know}has the spares yet.I blew all of mine and finally figured what was causing the problem.If you have one you can spare,let me know,I will send you some money asap!
Old 01-20-2003, 01:28 PM
Tech Initiate

racenut123...I have spares. But I don't have them with me at work so it will have to be Tuesday.
Old 01-20-2003, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Thanks man!

Hey! you run it yet?...I ran it on carpet and when I wasn't blowing up the front gearbox I was all over Jamie. The car is very good and that without really working on it.Just through it down and it was good.The front gearbox issue was annoying and then I found out what the problem is.I will call you tomorrow @ the shop.

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default What causes it to stripped???

What is causing the front One way bevel diff to strip?
Old 01-20-2003, 03:24 PM
Tech Initiate

racenut123...I will bring it to the shop. I think I have 2 extras. I'll see. I'll bring my EVO III too so you can check it out.
I haven't tried mine yet. Just toooo egar to try my new 1/8 Slide/Chrome~! racenut123

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.