R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-19-2003, 09:07 AM   #4861
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

How do you guys remove the tyres from the rims once they have been glued on.
I noticed after my first run on carpet (yes my very first ) the tyres have come away a bit from the rims. What's the best way of re-mounting them? Should I fully remove them from the rims and re-glue them or simply apply more glue to make sure they stick to the rims again.

Thanks, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:17 AM   #4862
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to f1larry

Quote:
Originally posted by Difuser
96/33=2.90

2.90*2.6 internal ratio=7.54

7.54 is your ratio

There you go Larry did you get in touch with Troy. That is his 02 in the pics above

Racenut if you look at the rules even if it does fit Fred already made it illegal. From what I understand it will not fit anyway.
Dan,

Thanks for the formula.

Yes Troy got back to me. I am just waiting for him to give me the cost and how and where to pay for it. His 02 looks sweet. I just ordered a diff from Tamiya to put in the front. Wasn't as hard to get as I thought it was just 4 bags 2 from the TA04 and 2 from the Evo 3.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:36 AM   #4863
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mark re-glue them if you try to remove them you wil either ruin them or make it worse on the bead. Use a high quality CA whenever you glue the tires.
Larry you will like the quality Troy does an awesome job for it being a hobby side thing. I think he puts more into it than if it was a business thing

Joey plenty of tracks to go around. If you are looking for a Tamiya program outdoor asphalt under cover year round. Also a Tamiya regional host

www.burienrcracing.com

Indoor carpet

www.raincityraceway.com

Outdoor asphalt summer there is 2 other programs that re-open
Atomic hobbies in Issaquah and Fantasy World which will be on your doorstep there in Tacoma.

If it is off road then there is TRCR in Tacoma indoor offroad. Outdoor there is 3 others I think but around the South Sound area but I do not drive offroad
Old 11-19-2003, 09:41 AM   #4864
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Mark re-glue them if you try to remove them you wil either ruin them or make it worse on the bead. Use a high quality CA whenever you glue the tires.
Thanks for the answer. The tyres won't come away from the rims when I use a better quality glue?

Once the tyres are used up, how do I remove them and clean up the rims?

Thanks, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:24 PM   #4865
Tech Elite

Trash the rims. It sounds bad, but to reuse them is 1 a pain and 2 generally the rims have taken a beating. It is worth the money to get new rims each time.
Yes the Tire will hold better also use motor spray to clean the bead of the tire and rim before glueing
Old 11-19-2003, 01:36 PM   #4866
Tech Fanatic

yeah I agree with diffuser, I have a MAJOR problem with tamiya rims, so far i've BROKEN 3 full sets of tamiya rims which has annoyed me because I have to buy a complete new set and tyres/inserts/rims rn't cheap, around $110AUD for a complete set of control tyres!!!!!!!!!!

Control TYres x2 = $29 = $60
Tamiya Rims = $20
Inserts x 2= $15 = $30

I've gone to Schumachor rims and they seem to be exellent, the hex is a lot deeper within the rim.

regards, matt
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 02:03 PM   #4867
Tech Regular

yo people

just doing something on my car and when i was putting on my top deck it finnaly hit me why people counter sink them, anyone know any easy ways to do this?

also ive realised that my diff i built for the front always slips, if its dont slip its too tight?

anyone else got this problem

cheers
Evo_Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 03:37 PM   #4868
Ooj
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Ooj Send a message via MSN to Ooj

I just found someone who is selling the tech racing shaft set. They are asking for 40 USD. Is this right?

hey hawker, try and get some speedmind rims. they are the strongest, stiffest rims I have ever used. By the way what control tyre are you using and where at?
Ooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:03 PM   #4869
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Where? Are they in RED? The shaft set is about $45. Then you have to add shipping and customs tax. So the total should be a bit more than $50.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:32 PM   #4870
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've been running the sorex tires and yokomo rims. I too have smashed up a few Tamiya rims rather easily. The yokomo's seem to take a good beating!!
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 07:59 PM   #4871
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer
Default TB02

Cooper:
I think with the Kit, all the Titanium screws, all the blue aluminum balls, the SSG center plate, aluminum motor mount, blue conversion kit, 5.5mm spacer kits, blue flourine shocks, new blue shock collars with o-rings, sway bar kit and spare parts I'm in to it about $500.00 usd. I'm sure a TRF version will come out soon for say $250.00 HAHAHAH

Racenut:
Yes the spur gear adapter fits, the only parts I know that wouldn't transfer to the TB02 from the EVO3 are The motor mount, and the steering bell cranks.

The motor mount slides straight down into the tub, only attaching to the motor and the tub. Not like the TB01 / EVO's where it is stuck to the drive shaft.

The Steering won't fit, cause of clearence with the tub and the carbon plate. the link between both bell cranks attach in the middle of the span between the bearings and the tie rod balls.

Larry:
You should have my reply shortly. I've been working on a few new goodies for the EVO3 / TB02

Charlie Barnes:
If you read this I need to get a hold of you about that cooper body. I have some pictures for you to look at, or compare to.

Rod C:
Good luck over there man, I know you will represent us well. But remember have loads of fun.

George C:
What cars are you looking to have spools for?
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:12 PM   #4872
Tech Fanatic

Ooj,

we are running Proline Control K Tyres at Yeronga indoor carpet club in brisbane
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:42 PM   #4873
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to f1larry

Quote:
96/33=2.90

2.90*2.6 internal ratio=7.54

7.54 is your ratio

There you go Larry did you get in touch with Troy. That is his 02 in the pics above

Racenut if you look at the rules even if it does fit Fred already made it illegal. From what I understand it will not fit anyway.
Dan,

How do you figure out the internal ratio on other cars, for example a TL01 with the speed tuned gear set?

Troy,

Thanks for getting back to me. Got the email. Will probably go with the ver. 3 spool. I'll email back with shipping address and payment method of your choice.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:58 PM   #4874
Tech Elite

It is a little tough as you have all the gears but the easy way is to look in tha back of the manual it should give the drive ratios
Old 11-19-2003, 10:25 PM   #4875
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I need some help. Can someone measure how high the motor mount is on the Evo 3. I need to know how high it is from the bottom (where it connects to the chassis) to the top (where it connects to the upper deck)

Needs to be somewhat exact if possible, Thanks for any help!
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote