Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to weaponx

whats the part"s number for the gears in question
weaponx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 01:14 PM   #452
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

I don't know the part number for the evo 3 but you can find the rest of the TB series part numbers on Tamiya's site. With my luck they were the same as the 10 I just sent out with my tb01 rally car. It takes a pretty good impact to damage one at least for the TB01 rally car I had. The reason it happens I think is because of chassis flex. the chassis flexes and jams the solid drive shaft to far forward and messes up the gears. I know the rest of the Tb series were pretty flexy but when I had Jun's car in my hands at the Novak race that thing seemed solid as a rock with very little flex.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 03:08 PM   #453
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to imataquito Send a message via Yahoo to imataquito

no flex is better
imataquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 06:13 PM   #454
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by weaponx
whats the part"s number for the gears in question
50979 TB EVOLUTION III ONE WAY GEAR

That's the part you need for the one way. Don't really need many spares for the rear diff since thats not where it jams up.
itchynads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 07:30 PM   #455
Tech Elite

thanks for the help
Old 01-18-2003, 07:31 PM   #456
Tech Rookie

rayhuang :

The Evo 3 has my favor for my next touring car. However, what you said about the 3 major issues using foam tires make me go hmmm...

Can you tell me if you think that using the Jaco 24 mm foams would resolve those concerns ?
MarNaDaKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 10:45 PM   #457
Tech Elite

i just read back a couple of threads and noticed that kingzj made a mention that he is thinking about getting some copies of the kai conversion made. i find it funny that he comes on here offering the possibility of putting out the copies, when in actuality it was my idea, i am the friend who he in a later thread states has the conversion coming and he is trying to offset the (my) cost. he also states that he thinks he can do the conversion for 100.00 +or-. what bothers me is i spent my time locating the kai conversion laying my money down to purchase it, spent my time looking into machine/fabrication shops that may or may not be able to do the work cost effectivly(just getting quotes). and shared my idea with him and he comes on here saying he can do this or that and he hasnt done any of the leg work and has no real figures as to cost. and does not even have the actual conversion in the first place. i do not know what his intentions were (whats in it for him) but it bothers me how you share an idea with someone and they run with it and they havent even invested any of there time or money. i am sorry to share my frustration but i thought this may be the place to let out that frustration. so i simply say if he can do it good luck. but you have to invest time and money to get it anything done and in this case its not going to be my time or money. again im sorry for airing my frustration here but i thought the truth should be told
Old 01-18-2003, 10:59 PM   #458
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to chrisman Send a message via Yahoo to chrisman

wow........thats quite a statement.I would be frustrated too if something was shared to someone and you have done most of the hard work and he ran away with your idea..I say...he should be wack in the head...what is he thinking off...(just an opinion)...anyone knows where to get one of these EvoIII for a good price?....Thanks...
chrisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 11:40 PM   #459
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi

Does the Evo3 gearbox/diff system have any performance advantage over the TBEV01 gear boxes?

I know that maintenance-wise, the EVO3 gearbox system wins. I have to make do with an EVO1 for the mean time, just curious how much I'm missing with the older car.
rough512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 11:45 PM   #460
Tech Regular

Looks like you guys in Wisconsin have some making up to do. I would not let it fester too long, the state can get awefully small.

Coop
gcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 01:47 AM   #461
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Okay, I finally got a good feel for the EVOIII today at the tamiya track, and this is my impression of it so far:

The car transitions left to right really good, it transistions quicker than my 414M2. I think this is mainly because the roll center on the car is higher box stock form. I've yet to try the 414M2 with the raised roll center yet. I checked out David Jun's car today and he raised the roll center even more on his EVOIII. Another thing I noticed is that out of the box, the EVOIII's got more turn in. It can go into the turn sharp and hard while remaining very stable. I'm fighting a bit of a mid corner push right now though, but it rolls into the corner extremely well. I was also able to hug the sweeper tighter and didn't have to lift as much with the EVOIII.

First run, my fastest lap was a 16.02 and by the end of the day, I was able to bring it down to 15.64. I went with basically the box stock setup with 45wt oil all around. I had the gearing figured all wrong for the whole day thinking the internal ratio was a 2.4 (and it is actually a 2.6) I think I could've shaved another .2-.3 off easy with the right gear ratio.

Lastly, I mentioned to Jun about the clicking problem that most of everyone seem to be having (and after 6 packs today with mod. motor, I still had the click) and he said to make sure the ring pinion gear is pressed down all the way (that's all he suggested). However, all day long the car was very smooth, and very quiet on the track. I'm going to tear down my car tomorrow, rebuild it and make sure the ring pinion gear is seated properly and see if the "click" goes away.

I'll be out at a parking lot track next weekend, I'll let you guys know how the EVOIII work in a parking lot racing condition So far, I wouldn't say the EVOIII is better than the 414M2, but for the first run, it already feels just as good.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Last edited by SpeedTech; 01-19-2003 at 01:49 AM.
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 07:39 AM   #462
Tech Regular

Steve do you have any Evo 3's in and how much would s/h be to Baltimore, Md.
sportracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 07:55 AM   #463
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

I think if you follow the link on Steve's posts to his web site you will find that they are taking preorders for the 3. I bet the S/H will be explained there as well. Hope that helps!
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 08:08 AM   #464
Tech Regular

thanks jeff
sportracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 08:58 AM   #465
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks Jeff! Sportsracer, we do have a pre-order going, and if you're interested in getting one, you have to get on the list quick. The first batch is almost all gone (but I will try and get more in). Tamiya is telling me that they will ship the kits to their distributors tomorrow (Monday) which means I might have it in the shop as early as Friday.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote