Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

i was reading some other site and a guy was the only one with an evo3 and he talked about stripping the oneway gears and thought he done a problem somewhere.

Later on he said hefound the problem was he was tightening the too much so it was actually "warping the gear", so he loosened it a tweek and used some thread lock to sort it out and now its fine , done loads of races without needing to change it for ages

I wonder if that would wrk, i would love to try it but my car is in bits ( getting ready for my local winter series ) , if someone else could try it and verify it that would be cool

thanks
Old 10-07-2003, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Evo-UK, no the plate solved the problem of overtightening. I wish it was that simple. Funny thing is, every once in a while you hear about someone not having any problems with stripping gears... in fact, my first gear didn't strip for like 8 packs, then after first one went, it was every 1-2 packs, unless I ran perfect and never touched a board. My biggest problem was getting radio hits- glitch, touch a board, buy a gear...
Old 10-07-2003, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

overtightening the gear case would also lead to gear stripping.....

is he racing in stock class or mod? if it's stock, won't find much trouble wif it.....

bad crashes would also strip gear.....

we definitely need help... any1 tried write to tamiya??? perhaps we could get enlightened from them???? just a tot...

Originally posted by Evo_Uk
i was reading some other site and a guy was the only one with an evo3 and he talked about stripping the oneway gears and thought he done a problem somewhere.

Later on he said hefound the problem was he was tightening the too much so it was actually "warping the gear", so he loosened it a tweek and used some thread lock to sort it out and now its fine , done loads of races without needing to change it for ages

I wonder if that would wrk, i would love to try it but my car is in bits ( getting ready for my local winter series ) , if someone else could try it and verify it that would be cool

thanks
Old 10-07-2003, 09:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Windtalkers

we definitely need help... any1 tried write to tamiya??? perhaps we could get enlightened from them???? just a tot...
I honestly think that Tamiya is obligated to do something about providing a fix for the problem.
It is obviously a design fault and it is up to the manufacturer to remedy it. If it was any other product we would be taking it back to the store for a replacement would we not.
It is an annoying problem which spoils an otherwise world class car.
Lets all write or email Tamiya with a request to find a fix.....anyone got an email address for Tamiya??????

steevo....
Old 10-07-2003, 10:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default who knows tamiya's email add.?

really want to email them talking abt. the front one way gear problem of TBIII
Old 10-08-2003, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

ok however whacky this sounds ... if 1 person emails Tamiya then another then another later on i cant see Tamiya showing much attention . what we really need to do is make some sort of online pettition!! post links to sign this pettition on all forums and tell everyone about it .

my guess is we could get over 100 people then when Tamiya see this they have to do something i guess.

I think you can email Tamiyausa for the Tamiya japan address

thanks

Tarnjit
Old 10-08-2003, 12:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

If someone knows how to create an petition online that we can all put our names to then lets do it
Old 10-08-2003, 10:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Dont know if you guys know this or not, but Tamiya already knows that their front 1 way is weak. Weather they decide to do something about it or not is up to them, until then we have the different 1 way, penguin's backing plate, and TC3 gears.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default Pictures from the euros!!!

Hi guys

Thought you might want to check out SWEBS RC. I just added pictures from the euros this year. There are also pictures of Steen Graversens SD driveshaft mod.

Enjoy.

Regards
SSL
Old 10-08-2003, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

I think they shoud have done what hpi is did with the pro3 arms, they just sent you new ones and xray the old bearing something was wrong with them send em a email they sent you a WHOLE new sent which is really nice service. About the gears on a taymia I have never seen one break when just someone drivng but when they hit something it broke so....just don't hit anything
Old 10-08-2003, 10:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

That's true about the gears really only breaking when you hit something, but you race at SoCal, you know how often someone nails a board and it gets spun into the lane, makes it pretty easy to hit...
Old 10-08-2003, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Randy, can you do me a favor? Can you measure the size of your setup board and give me the measurements in metric? Or better yet, can you provide the part number of the Hudy board that you have? I need to get a smaller one and would hate to order the larger one...who needs two of those big'uns hehe.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-08-2003, 11:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Since the only yardstick I have only has standard lengths, here ya go Rod #10 8201
Old 10-08-2003, 11:38 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Take Off also makes a very good setup board. Itīs this one http://www.powers-international.com/...e/e-to331w.htm
Dimensions are about 405x310 mm so not that big.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Randman
Dont know if you guys know this or not, but Tamiya already knows that their front 1 way is weak. Weather they decide to do something about it or not is up to them, until then we have the different 1 way, penguin's backing plate, and TC3 gears.
The tc3 gears work great Randman. I slammed into a few things at socal yesterday without any real problems. It was the first time I had the EVO3 out. The car was working real well for me until I got into the main. I think I just had too much punch from the batteries I was running. It was a second charge on a new set of Fukuyama 1.17s. It took me about three laps before I settled down and by then it was too late.

Thanks for the car, really enjoyed running it last night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.