Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TB-Evolution III >

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Old 01-16-2003, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

no, I'm running dual diffs!
the car has too much rear traction, right now I'm running 1 degree of rear toe in and one degree of outboard toe out, I have to stiffen up the suspension to make the car more responsive. Gonna try some kickup to increase the degree of caster and will let you guys know. It's real smooth and very quiet, carries good corner speed but right now it needs some setup changes to get it dialed in for carpet.
Old 01-16-2003, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For foams I would try to make a front spool. It seems that most of the fast guys around my track are using the spool with foam tires they say if helps with the steering of the car and this is on a tc3 wich is similar to the evo 3. It does seem that most of the guys running foam are frowning on the oneway front diff I dont really know anyone who is using a oneway front diff with foams.
Old 01-16-2003, 05:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default EVO III & Two Speed Transmission

Just got mine built!!!! Had a few questions:
1) Was wondering if a two speed would work. I also Have a electric boat with 4 neo motors and 4 tranmsission and the thing launches around the corners going from a 1:6 ratio in first gear to 1:1 ratio in second gear. I attached a picture of the two speed and some specs:
*****Powered by the advanced gearing system, NOVA Two Speed Gear Box is able to greatly improve both speed and torque of RC Cars. It provides racers with more steering control over sharp corner as well as the speed necessary for straight tracks. Power consumption and acceleration time is decreased to allow the car to reach max speed faster while providing a longer run time. This is a perfect gadget for racers who want to reach the highest performance and beyond.
*****Dimension Ø36.5 X 21mm
Voltage 6V ~ 12V (5 ~ 10 cells )
Weight 48G
Gear Ratio (Low speed) 1.6 : 1
Gear Ratio (High speed) 1 : 1
Operation Forward, Brake
*****-Nova Two Speed is an one-piece design, it is easy to assemble and is suitable for most kinds of RC cars.
-Torque and performance have been improved by the advanced gearing system. Power consumption is lower to provide a longer run time.
-Direct power transmission during high speed reduces the friction between gears. The car can run faster & more controllable, especially in high speed cornering.
-There are clockwise & anti-clockwise revolution in the gear box. Use different combinations with different types of cars.

2) Good recommended set-up for a medium size track with one straight away and on asphault - Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-twospeed.jpg  
Old 01-16-2003, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Cat-nice-you got all the radio gear in on the bottom. I couldnt do it with my R200 RX and Cyclone. Maybe with a XXL and a GT7 I will too!!!

Sigearhead-looking forward to your call today!!!

kingzj-your right-foams and one-ways usually dont mix, but in stock it feels very smooth. I am sure with a 19 turn or Mod-it would be crazy!! Traction roll time!!! I am only running a one-way cause you cant buy a diff. You need to take it out of another kit!!!
Old 01-16-2003, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ray with the GT7 and XXL it will all fit on the bottom VERY TIGHT I had to stand the XXL up to do it though. Wish I would have picked up an S9550 when I was in Tokyo

D
Old 01-16-2003, 08:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what about an M-tronics and mini FM rx? i bet that'd fit easily...and leave room for that twospeed!

Where'd ya find it capricess?
Old 01-16-2003, 09:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

got off ebay - purchased (3) total - one for my car and two for the boat. Here is the guys email who I bought them from - he is from canada. He has many more to sell - he is a direct distributer

[email protected]
Old 01-16-2003, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thats the bummer with a new car getting all the parts you need can be a pain. Anybody know how much another diff is going to cost? Is the gear on the one-way removable. If it is it might not be very hard to make a spool for it. All I know is that the evo3 is stuck on carpet with crappy handout cs-27 tires that is for sure. Dave had a couple of big wrecks in practice and the car looks to be as durable as any other Tamiya product.

Its kinda funny my buddy weaponx hated Tamiya's and because of their great step into racing durabitlity and quality he owns a 414 and now has a evo 3 coming to his house. I am still up in the air weather or not I should take the plung into the evo 3. I am very impressed with the car but I have a hard time believing it is going to make me go any faster but I can't get over the cool factor. My 3 year old tc3 isn't getting any younger and knowing ascoiated it will take another 2 years to update the kit. I guess the deciding factor will be weather or not speedtech is going to handle all the parts if I can get parts in a couple of days then its going to be a no brainer.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

kingzj-you hit it!! I am so sick of looking at my Tc3!!! Heck-I never thought it was a good looking car anyways!!! ooogly!!!

Also-since I decided to try a Losi vs. Tc3 every weekend-I now know that I want the best of both cars. The shaft of the TC3 and the roll center adjustments of the Evo. A smooth handling TC3 is my dream-and I think this car is it. As I tell my buddies-I am just looking for TC Nirvana-is that too much to ask????

I dont know how much the diff will cost. And as far as parts-in a way Speedtech and smash123 already have the parts in stock!! its all 414 arms, hingepins, C-hubs, hubs and kingpin hardware. The diff rings and lt. wt. diff balls are F201. The only real tough one right now are diff outdrives!!!
Old 01-16-2003, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

Yes, we will handle all the parts, I'm working on the TB EVOIII section of the website as we speak, and I just got confirmation that parts are coming in soon (including diff out drives)

12:30AM I finished installing all the electronics and under dim street light I had my first run with the EVOIII. First impression: The car is very smooth and with a 10x2, cold tires and unprepped street surface (it was smooth asphalt) the car was pretty good, with a hint of a slight push. I'll be out at Tamiya HQ track this weekend with my Orion lap timer. I have an idea what kind of time I can do with my 414M2 so I'll see if I can do better with the EVOIII

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 01-16-2003, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default awaiting evo III

its good to see some forums on tamiya cars. I have been running tamiya for a while now and have always liked them. Since the ta04 tamiya has been steping up to the plate and improving the cars for stiffer competition. I am currently running an m car with foam tires and have been very happy with it. Before the m car I was running a modified tb01 and really liked it with the acception of the diffs, and now with the evoIII the diff problem seems to be resolved. I race gas cars with ray huang in the summer and when I saw that he was running an evo, I said to myself cool.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

What model shop in Hong Kong or Japan do you all use? I need one that has the Evo 3, The TRF tool set and the TRF setup board in stock. Anyone know of any good ones other than Rainbow ten? They do not have evo 3's in stock at the moment. Thanks Rick
Old 01-16-2003, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Try them!

http://controlcentre.rctech.net/

Email them and ask if it is in stock, I think you can pay through PayPal with them.
Old 01-16-2003, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

TBEvo3: $320 shipped
Tamiya TRF Setup Sheet: $50
TRF Tool set: $114

Those are all prices from a person I deal with. He has a shop in Hong Kong, and ships straight to your door. His name is Peter Sik, and you can contact him through his e-mail [email protected] . He's a really nice guy and has a lot of parts you can't quite get here in US
Old 01-16-2003, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

[email protected]

Sorry bout the typo.. ^^^ That's his real E-mail..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.