Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 01:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I thought that for the TCS rules you can not modify any parts on the car, unless you use Tamiya hop ups and use them only for what they are made for. Countersinking the upper deck isn't a hopup, it's additional work on the car, so I wouldn't think it would be legal for TCS rules...
Old 09-12-2003, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

iam not sure about tcs legal but what advantages does countersunking the top deck have?
also anyone tried double wires?i tried it and had about twice the punch!
Old 09-12-2003, 01:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Countersinking the top deck prevents tweak on impacts.

What do you mean by double wires?
Old 09-12-2003, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

aaaaahhhhhh.tweaking woudnt be effected on low grip tracks?
i use 2 wires on the positive of the batts and negative and the same on the motor.
it lowers resistance and thus gives more punch.the only thing is trying to cover it up at our tracks so no else gets the idea!
Old 09-12-2003, 02:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

You can get tweak on any track, it's caused by collissions, and bumping corner dots.

I think I'll stick away from the 2 wire idea, you'd have to use so much solder to get them on that it would cause even more resistance...
Old 09-13-2003, 01:39 AM
Tech Regular

Re: Re: Square Middle Brace

Originally posted by Steevo
My Square Middle post is 100% Alloy Too

Steevo
My Square centre post is nylon?????? but the 2 outers are alloy

Old 09-13-2003, 01:52 AM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Motor air dam

Anyone else doing this...see pic..besides puting a fan onboard? Lot's O people are using them in Japan.

EJ,

I only got you one set of Bs with rims . The Square red gear case, bearings, and diff outdrives are in are in I will mail them out on Tues. I will also send you an Air Dam so you can try it out.

Your best buddy
P2
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-dscf0142.jpg  
Old 09-13-2003, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by trf racer
aaaaahhhhhh.tweaking woudnt be effected on low grip tracks?
i use 2 wires on the positive of the batts and negative and the same on the motor.
it lowers resistance and thus gives more punch.the only thing is trying to cover it up at our tracks so no else gets the idea!
More wire, more resistance... It does not lower resistance at all.

what you did was creating a parallel circuit, I don't see how it is giving you more punch, but I do see that it is a "safer" connection, if one of your wire comes off + or - end, it will still be functional.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Motor air dam

Originally posted by P2
Anyone else doing this...see pic..besides puting a fan onboard? Lot's O people are using them in Japan.

EJ,

I only got you one set of Bs with rims . The Square red gear case, bearings, and diff outdrives are in are in I will mail them out on Tues. I will also send you an Air Dam so you can try it out.

Your best buddy
P2
I used to run the air dams, unfortunately they make the car a little hard to work on, and are fragile. I didn't notice any change in temperature either.
Old 09-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by TRF-Powered
More wire, more resistance... It does not lower resistance at all.

what you did was creating a parallel circuit, I don't see how it is giving you more punch, but I do see that it is a "safer" connection, if one of your wire comes off + or - end, it will still be functional.
Sorry -TRF- P
More wire is less resistance. By your thinking a single strand of wire would be preferable

As long as the wires are connected in the normal fashion the circuit is the same, if he were to run a wire from the esc to each cell then that would be different

A longer piece of wire is more resistance, but a larger diameter wire of same length = more area for the little electrons to move freely from point A to point B

When you try to imagine the flow of electricity think of how water flows, very similar effect....
Old 09-13-2003, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
Sorry -TRF- P
More wire is less resistance. By your thinking a single strand of wire would be preferable

As long as the wires are connected in the normal fashion the circuit is the same, if he were to run a wire from the esc to each cell then that would be different

A longer piece of wire is more resistance, but a larger diameter wire of same length = more area for the little electrons to move freely from point A to point B

When you try to imagine the flow of electricity think of how water flows, very similar effect....
wOw - too deep for so early
Old 09-13-2003, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Wink

Originally posted by Randman
I thought that for the TCS rules you can not modify any parts on the car, unless you use Tamiya hop ups and use them only for what they are made for. Countersinking the upper deck isn't a hopup, it's additional work on the car, so I wouldn't think it would be legal for TCS rules...
Countersinking the top deck is legal for GT1 just not the rest of the classes. Which is direct from Fred from Tamiya.

Coop
Old 09-13-2003, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

that is odd. fred said that counter sinking the top deck was NOT tcs legal. the guys at the tech table confirmed that and said it would have to reverted back to the original for the nationals.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by rocketron
wOw - too deep for so early
lol, I thought I was the only person that thought so
Old 09-13-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default setups???

Can anyone tell me where I can get some asphalt setups for the evoIII se? At this time we race on an aphalt track with temps in the 130's to 150's. I would appreciate any info...

Thanks,
Ronnie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.