R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2003, 02:17 PM   #3811
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,665
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

I thought that for the TCS rules you can not modify any parts on the car, unless you use Tamiya hop ups and use them only for what they are made for. Countersinking the upper deck isn't a hopup, it's additional work on the car, so I wouldn't think it would be legal for TCS rules...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 02:20 PM   #3812
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default

iam not sure about tcs legal but what advantages does countersunking the top deck have?
also anyone tried double wires?i tried it and had about twice the punch!
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 02:25 PM   #3813
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,665
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Countersinking the top deck prevents tweak on impacts.

What do you mean by double wires?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 02:28 PM   #3814
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default

aaaaahhhhhh.tweaking woudnt be effected on low grip tracks?
i use 2 wires on the positive of the batts and negative and the same on the motor.
it lowers resistance and thus gives more punch.the only thing is trying to cover it up at our tracks so no else gets the idea!
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 03:18 PM   #3815
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,665
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

You can get tweak on any track, it's caused by collissions, and bumping corner dots.

I think I'll stick away from the 2 wire idea, you'd have to use so much solder to get them on that it would cause even more resistance...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 02:39 AM   #3816
Tech Regular
 
alan1467's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Durham UK
Posts: 352
Re: Re: Square Middle Brace

Quote:
Originally posted by Steevo
My Square Middle post is 100% Alloy Too

Steevo
My Square centre post is nylon?????? but the 2 outers are alloy

__________________
Tamiya TRF - Tekin
F104W Pro - CRC Gen X10
alan1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 02:52 AM   #3817
P2
Tech Fanatic
 
P2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Oahu, Hi
Posts: 865
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Motor air dam

Anyone else doing this...see pic..besides puting a fan onboard? Lot's O people are using them in Japan.

EJ,

I only got you one set of Bs with rims . The Square red gear case, bearings, and diff outdrives are in are in I will mail them out on Tues. I will also send you an Air Dam so you can try it out.

Your best buddy
P2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf0142.jpg (114.7 KB, 163 views)
P2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 06:17 AM   #3818
Tech Master
 
TRF-Powered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by trf racer
aaaaahhhhhh.tweaking woudnt be effected on low grip tracks?
i use 2 wires on the positive of the batts and negative and the same on the motor.
it lowers resistance and thus gives more punch.the only thing is trying to cover it up at our tracks so no else gets the idea!
More wire, more resistance... It does not lower resistance at all.

what you did was creating a parallel circuit, I don't see how it is giving you more punch, but I do see that it is a "safer" connection, if one of your wire comes off + or - end, it will still be functional.
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 09:27 AM   #3819
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,665
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default Re: Motor air dam

Quote:
Originally posted by P2
Anyone else doing this...see pic..besides puting a fan onboard? Lot's O people are using them in Japan.

EJ,

I only got you one set of Bs with rims . The Square red gear case, bearings, and diff outdrives are in are in I will mail them out on Tues. I will also send you an Air Dam so you can try it out.

Your best buddy
P2
I used to run the air dams, unfortunately they make the car a little hard to work on, and are fragile. I didn't notice any change in temperature either.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 12:18 PM   #3820
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,540
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF-Powered
More wire, more resistance... It does not lower resistance at all.

what you did was creating a parallel circuit, I don't see how it is giving you more punch, but I do see that it is a "safer" connection, if one of your wire comes off + or - end, it will still be functional.
Sorry -TRF- P
More wire is less resistance. By your thinking a single strand of wire would be preferable

As long as the wires are connected in the normal fashion the circuit is the same, if he were to run a wire from the esc to each cell then that would be different

A longer piece of wire is more resistance, but a larger diameter wire of same length = more area for the little electrons to move freely from point A to point B

When you try to imagine the flow of electricity think of how water flows, very similar effect....
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 12:24 PM   #3821
Tech Elite
 
rocketron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: palm desert
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
Sorry -TRF- P
More wire is less resistance. By your thinking a single strand of wire would be preferable

As long as the wires are connected in the normal fashion the circuit is the same, if he were to run a wire from the esc to each cell then that would be different

A longer piece of wire is more resistance, but a larger diameter wire of same length = more area for the little electrons to move freely from point A to point B

When you try to imagine the flow of electricity think of how water flows, very similar effect....
wOw - too deep for so early
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 05:41 PM   #3822
Tech Regular
 
gcooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 269
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I thought that for the TCS rules you can not modify any parts on the car, unless you use Tamiya hop ups and use them only for what they are made for. Countersinking the upper deck isn't a hopup, it's additional work on the car, so I wouldn't think it would be legal for TCS rules...
Countersinking the top deck is legal for GT1 just not the rest of the classes. Which is direct from Fred from Tamiya.

Coop
gcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 06:24 PM   #3823
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,907
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

that is odd. fred said that counter sinking the top deck was NOT tcs legal. the guys at the tech table confirmed that and said it would have to reverted back to the original for the nationals.
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 06:49 PM   #3824
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,665
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rocketron
wOw - too deep for so early
lol, I thought I was the only person that thought so
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 11:21 PM   #3825
Tech Master
 
picco007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: TX.
Posts: 1,750
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007
Default setups???

Can anyone tell me where I can get some asphalt setups for the evoIII se? At this time we race on an aphalt track with temps in the 130's to 150's. I would appreciate any info...

Thanks,
Ronnie
picco007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution II (NEW) ivan3721 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 05-18-2008 05:56 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution 5 veecee Australia For Sale/Trade 3 07-20-2007 08:13 PM
tamiya tb evolution 5 b-man777 Electric On-Road 1 05-24-2006 11:38 AM
XXX-S GP VS Tamiya Evolution III capricess Electric On-Road 29 01-27-2003 08:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:02 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0