Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

can anyone tell me the handling characteristics of the protoform alfa 156 v.2?
Old 09-08-2003, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

I have the losi alfa, and it has amazing stability around corners, It's very close to the protoform alfa.

Steve
Old 09-08-2003, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

is it neutral or dose it add grip to the front or rear?
thanx
Old 09-08-2003, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

i find it adds traction fron tand rear. I had no traction problems once i used this body.

Steve
Old 09-08-2003, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

ok thanx.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:24 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by rcethilon
A question for P2 and one for V12.

V12, if the front oneway gear is now on the side of the motor ( opposite the side of the battery pack) as you've described, do you have to reverse the polarity connection of the motor?
You donīt have to change anything at the motor.

I know my English isnīt that good but I try to explain as good as possible.
If you look at the oneway there is some mounting plate for the ring gear (oneway gear) where the screws will go in.
With the special oneway this mounting plate is moved more towards the outside of the oneway and the ring gear sits at the other side of this mounting plate but the gear teeth are in same direction. According to this the screws for the ring gear are going in from the other side of the gear also.
In the end the ring gear sits exactly at the same position as with the Tamiya oneway so the oneway will go into the gear case on same position. Anything other doesnīt work.

If you compare with other cars the gear at the special oneway is working as with the TC3, Yokomo SD, R2 ... now.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I was thinking about how our front ring gear is mounted on the other side of the one-way in comparism with other cars. I really dont think it matters too much though, 4 screws and a carbon plate backing it should provide a very strong reinforcement for the gear. I could be way wrong, but I think the problem lays in how thin the gears are made. Every other manufacturer that I know of is using a thicker ring gear so that it doesnt warp. One posibility that I thought about would be to run some CA glue on the outside of the ring gear on the back of where the teeth are. That might provide a little stronger piece with less flex, but would be near impossible to get balanced perfectly.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have seen the oneway v12 is talking about.Its worth a shot to try it being that its engineered welled.It makes total sense how the gear is supported almost all the way out to the rim of the ring gear.That is much better support then the smaller graphite piece.As for the ca trick,I dont think that would work well being that most who strip their gears are due to high stress loads,
Old 09-08-2003, 10:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

ooh, I didn't realize the aluminum extended out any more than the carbon plate did, it would definately be a better piece in that case...

About 1/2 way through the chassis prep, god I hate this more and more every time I do it...
Old 09-08-2003, 10:30 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
I was thinking about how our front ring gear is mounted on the other side of the one-way in comparism with other cars. I really dont think it matters too much though, 4 screws and a carbon plate backing it should provide a very strong reinforcement for the gear. I could be way wrong, but I think the problem lays in how thin the gears are made. Every other manufacturer that I know of is using a thicker ring gear so that it doesnt warp. One posibility that I thought about would be to run some CA glue on the outside of the ring gear on the back of where the teeth are. That might provide a little stronger piece with less flex, but would be near impossible to get balanced perfectly.
In reality the oneway I was speaking about is much more different to the Tamiya one as you can read and see from the pictures some days ago.

most important differences are ring gear is centered and ring gear is reinforced with mountingplate as big as ringgear.

The Tamiya carbonplate will help a little as the ringgear wonīt be warped by the screws. But the carbonplate wonīt help very much when there is pressure at the ring gears teeth as the plate is on the wrong side of the gear.
If you look back some pages you clearly can see from the pictures what the different position of the gear will do.
When you turn in the screws the gear will be pressed against the mounting plate. But as the mounting plate is at the back of the gear and about the same size as the gear the gear will be something like reinforced. You canīt do anything against the soft plastic of the gear but the gear wonīt be warped as with the Tamiya oneway. Also itīs perfectly centered with this oneway.

As racenut already said the CA glue wonīt help anything.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

V12, when can we get our hands on one of these custom made 1 ways ??? Thanks
Old 09-08-2003, 10:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I had a full PM box and had to delete all of the messages to make room, can you send me the contact info for the guy who makes it one more time V12.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I really want to buy a EVO III SE, but this one way gear things is really keeping me back. It seems like there is no one there that has a good solution. Hopefully a smart aftermarket manufacture would jump at this chance and make a fix for it. They'd make a ton! And I'll buy a EVO III.

If anyone finds the perfect solution to this problem, let me know, and I'll join the EVO III clan immediately.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Every car is going to have it's flaws. Stay off the boards and you shouldn't have too much trouble with the gears.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Randman is right.If you watch your driving,you will not blow through gears that bad.I honestly love the car enough that the oneway gear problem is not really a problem for me.I have just ordered the oneway from v12 so hopefully it will help if not eliminate said problem.But don't let it deter you from buying an awsome car.By the way?Where do you race gti?I live in the Bay area too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.