R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-12-2003, 07:22 PM   #331
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

Dave, was leading the 3rd Main when he had his body hung up and had to pull over. His car was STUPID fast. It was way hooked up and he drove very well just a racing deal took him out of the win. If tamiya is smart they will import many of these to the U.S. everybody was amazed at how well the car was. The drive train was very quiet compared to the TC3's and had more snap in the infield than the Losi's and TC3's.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 07:29 PM   #332
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Wow!

KingZJ, were you at the Track?
I agree with your comments. The word is SNAPPIER!
I have no experience with the TC3, which is probably the closest car it can be compared too, but with my run over the weekend at Tamiya track considering it being dusty and under cold weather, this car is great from the getgo!
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 09:53 PM   #333
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Hey Tiggerz!

John,

I didn't do as well as I would have liked,but lets say that for a car I just built,threw on the track and tweaked very little from my 414m2 setup,I was simply just faster...no hype,just plain faster. I raced the seconfd round and went into the mains happy with it. .considering I havent raced in 2 years and and a little on the rusty side,I think the car proved its merit well.Its a tc3 in acceleration characteristics but smooth and settled like the 414M car.I was to say the least,not very focused in working out my car setup all weekend and today showed up to race after the first round was over.I was faster in my main then all weekend and Lets say until I broke 45 seconds from the buzzer{servo failure}I was giving the B main winner alot of preasure because I qualified 6th and was realing him and was second place all 4 min 15 seconds with only 3 seconds spread between us.I dnf but was so pleased I am glad I spent the money.I raced the tc3 for 2 years before I stopped racing....its an awsome car.Period. but I have never did as well with a new car with so little practice as I have with the evo3.Can you tell I am hyped about it?!!!!Scott and crew had an awsome race and Matt Francis was on Rails....I had fun period.See you @ tcs newark.You still running f201?You still have the tao4?Email me

[email protected]

l8er

Last edited by racenut123; 01-12-2003 at 09:56 PM.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 11:07 PM   #334
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

racenut123

John

Yeah looks like the car works pretty well. Im happy that you like the car. I know we talked about the car that one day and it looks like it is a winner. Seems like the Evo3 you can setup similar to the M. Are you running the front one way? Im want to get a diff into the car. I have mine hopefully Ill build it soon. Looks like a pretty good weekend for the EV03. If you look at the mains. Dave pulled the fastest lap at 11.1 thats pretty impressive for a car he just started running at this race. In Europe Marc Rheinard won one of the triple a main races also then the next round he broke a diff and looks like he dnfed the next two races. Yeah Im running F201 at the TCS race. Yeah I still have my Ta04R. You interested in it? Let me know Ill give you a good deal.

[email protected]

JC
tiggersz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 11:17 PM   #335
Tech Elite

Default one-way

yup...one-way was in, thats why I ran stock{rubber tires}.Cant run a oneway with foams..I mean you can if you want but it will suck.I am waiting for the diffs too.I wanna run 19turn foam.That class has really taken off and it a blast.Not too insane but plenty fast. I will email you about the ta04.Get that evo built and all I will say is don't use the supplied screws..I am ti' ing this bad boy out asap.Talk to you soon.
Old 01-13-2003, 06:32 AM   #336
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

racenut123, I felt the same way about the one-way-but since you cannot buy a diff yet-I ran mine with the one-way on carpet/foam and it was fine!! I am going to race it like this, this weekend. I drove it exactly like my dbl. diff Tc3 and it felt the same-only more consistsent and less twitchy than my TC3. I dont know why-I have heard a lot of bad things about one-ways n foams, but this car was fine. I did however run a stiff sway bar and stiff springs to make sure it wasnt too crazy steering!!!

Also-Can you guys tell me -since this is a limited edition kit-how long into the future will I be able to find the chassis plate, upper deck, diffs, etc. for this car? Should I stock up now?? I have run my Tc3 on and off for almost 3 1/2 years now-so if I run this EVO3 for that long-Where will I find parts???

Thanks,
mr. paranoid.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 07:55 AM   #337
Tech Elite

Default foam set up...

Hey Ray!

Could you post your set up?Did you use tc3 springs?I used the hardest Tamiya springs and it still needed to be stiffened in my opinion.I have all the tc3 springs.I really hope that tamiya decides to stay with this car for at least a couple years.It has made of for their design sins of the other evo cars.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:08 AM   #338
Tech Champion

rayhuang,

I think we'll be okay on parts for awhile. I believe the diff internals are the same for all Tamiya cars (except the diff outdrives), and the suspension components are mostly interchangeable with 414M2. I think we'll be able to get parts for a long while. You can still get parts now for the 414M and even the 414X which were both limited edition kits.

By the way, I was just checking the timesheets at trackside hobbies' website for the Novak Touring Car race, and Dave Jun's car posted the fastest lap of the triple A-main I believe...11.1 seconds!

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 08:39 AM   #339
Tech Champion

Default Carpet/Foam

This is very much a work in progress-but this is the starting set-up.

Front
60 wt. AE oil, AE white spring. Stock everything else.

Rear
50 wt AE oil, AE Copper spring. No sway bar, A block in rear. Stock everything else.

Jaco Plaid up front, Jaco Purple in back.

I'll know a lot more on Monday, Jan. 20th. We have a real competitive stock touring class at our track and if I can qualify A3 or better-than I know I got something going on!!! Its now about 95% Tc3 and a few XXXS. This car already feels better than my TC3 and my Losi's on its first battery pack.
Old 01-13-2003, 01:59 PM   #340
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

Yes I was at the race (it's my local track) Dave let me play with his car a bit and it was very nice. He had the chassis done up very nice and the sides were tapered up and rounded.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 02:05 PM   #341
Tech Champion

rayhuang,

Check your email please, it is regarding your order

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 01-13-2003, 04:50 PM   #342
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ITs HERE! ITS HERE!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!

just got it like 10 mins ago! (just lucky no one took it, cuz the mail guy just left it on my door step) :O

cant wait to tear into it! HA! UUUU I'm soooo exited!
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 06:12 PM   #343
Tech Champion

Steve,

Please send again-I checked both my accounts and didnt receive any e-mails from you.

Thanks,
Ray
[email protected]
[email protected]
Old 01-13-2003, 07:16 PM   #344
Tech Champion

ray,

you got mail (your ameritech account)

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 01-13-2003, 08:08 PM   #345
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Evo Electronics

Well guys, the chassis of my Evo3 Lightweight is pretty much done. It's sitting in the garage as the shoegooed speed controller dries. I got everything to fit flat on the chassis but it's a really tight squeeze. I know this is kind of a lame question, but hey, what else am I gonna do while the goo dries? Do any of you think I'll get any glitching with this setup? The evo3 has a Futaba S9550 Servo-1 millimeter space- Novak XXXtra-.5 millimeter space-Quantum Competition...Whaddaya think?
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote