R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-01-2003, 10:24 AM   #3136
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AQuionIV Send a message via Yahoo to AQuionIV

HAHAH!! BONGG!!!!
I'll try that.. =)
See you for once, in MY town.. lol.. looks like TAOB will have a good showing for this race.. let's make it good=).. I'll see you later.. I'm saving pit areas for Ian and Jasper (there's only 2 of us, so we can only save 2 extra spots.) I'll try to see if I can get someone to save a spot for you too.. see you later
AQuionIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 10:27 AM   #3137
Tech Addict

hey rod.. ok, when we met, u told me to overgear.. now u tell me to gear accordingly?? heheh.. jk.. But by accordingly, what's that supposed to be? Like a 34/96 to start or something?
Old 08-01-2003, 10:30 AM   #3138
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by AQuionIV
HAHAH!! BONGG!!!!
I'll try that.. =)
See you for once, in MY town.. lol.. looks like TAOB will have a good showing for this race.. let's make it good=).. I'll see you later.. I'm saving pit areas for Ian and Jasper (there's only 2 of us, so we can only save 2 extra spots.) I'll try to see if I can get someone to save a spot for you too.. see you later
Oh I get it, I'm just the 3rd guy! Seriously. Ian and the Gang are planning sleep overs in the area so they should get decent spots.

I won't be there til weee hours early morning. Hopefully I'll get the right blend of Coffee!
Old 08-01-2003, 10:38 AM   #3139
Tech Addict

Ian's scared they won't get spots because they're not gonna get down here till 7 or 7:30?? lol.. but We're gonna be there at 5, so it's like insurance.. I'll try to find some nice places=).. I'll see if I can get someone to reserve a spot for you too bong.. can't wait to see you win that Sportsman stock=)
Old 08-01-2003, 10:46 AM   #3140
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
hey rod.. ok, when we met, u told me to overgear.. now u tell me to gear accordingly?? heheh.. jk.. But by accordingly, what's that supposed to be? Like a 34/96 to start or something?
I would try 39/96 to start with those handouts. I don't know what the track layout and size. Those variables will dictate how you should select a gear ratio. Try asking some of the other guys while your at the track, I'm sure most of them would be willing to give advice.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 10:47 AM   #3141
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Ian's scared they won't get spots because they're not gonna get down here till 7 or 7:30?? lol.. but We're gonna be there at 5, so it's like insurance.. I'll try to find some nice places=).. I'll see if I can get someone to reserve a spot for you too bong.. can't wait to see you win that Sportsman stock=)
Yah, If I win (Far Fetch) I'll be dancin in the rain. Hey wait a minute. Let me remind you that this is an EVO 3 forum. So talk about EVO 3's.
I just finished my EVO 3 has a square center support mount and is on display at the moment. :-)
Old 08-01-2003, 11:17 AM   #3142
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what is the best grease for the crossjoints from the universal shafts and the thrust bearing from the diff?
Tamiya does have the ceramic grease, antiwear grease and some molybdanium grease or do you recommand anything other?

Tried the associated black grease but seems to me not very good on the EVO3. The MIP red grease for the crossjoints works better but Iīm looking for some grease requiring less maintenance for the universals.

Anyone tried the Square universals? Do they hold up similar to the steel ones? I have heard of the aluminium universalshafts being a little soft but didnīt tried them until now.

Just looking for some serious weight reduction as with 2 Square aluminium gearboxes and the new aluminium upper arm mounts my EVO3 is on the heavy side now.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 11:22 AM   #3143
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We've been using Maxima chain lube on our universals with varied success. Just build your universal dry and spray this stuff in the joint. Also, maintenance is a little easier, take out the assembled universal, blast with motor spray, put in a vibrating cleaner (optional), and respray with maxima.

Here's a link to their site.
http://www.maximausa.com/products/ch...s/chainwax.asp
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 11:32 AM   #3144
Tech Addict

ok.. let's talk evo3.. mines has a superglue'd front shock tower.. hahah.. I'm hoping it holds up for the race=).. Too bad I won't get to see you at Hitec Rod.. oh wellz, c u next race=)
Old 08-01-2003, 12:30 PM   #3145
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan

Quote:
Originally posted by izzyracer
I just finished my EVO 3 has a square center support mount and is on display at the moment. :-)
Izzy,

I finally brought my Evo-III to Surikarn spec and I'm liking it... the aluminum upper mounts made a huge difference in corner speed and stability... let's just hope the track layout at Hitec calls for one-ways though... I never ran one-ways there the past 5 years!

Ian A.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:55 PM   #3146
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks rtypec for the info.
Did just a little search on the net but there is no distribution for Maxima products here.
As it seems Bel-Ray Super Clean is something similar so I will look for this one.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 02:37 AM   #3147
Tech Initiate

I have the TB EVO 3 (Surikarn Limited) Do you know where I can buy some spares that are in red too
Raikonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 02:38 AM   #3148
Tech Initiate

Also, do you know if there is a more lightwieght main drive shaft (mine is red), that maybe is in graphite?
Raikonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 09:49 AM   #3149
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Raikonnen
I have the TB EVO 3 (Surikarn Limited) Do you know where I can buy some spares that are in red too
Are you sure you live in Japan?! Japan is like the Heavan of RC....I bet you can buy all the spares that you need if you take a trip to Osaka to RC-champ........ By the way, I don't know if Tamiya released any spares for Surikarn edition EvoIII, as far as I know they only released Ball ends in Red. They released all the other parts like the steering arms, center shaft, upper-link mount... etc... in blue.

But seriously, take a trip to some of your local RC shops in Japan....
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 09:53 AM   #3150
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Raikonnen
Also, do you know if there is a more lightwieght main drive shaft (mine is red), that maybe is in graphite?
Well, Tamiya have not released a graphite for TB EvoIII... but they did released on for TB EvoI/TB01 car, I am not sure but I think it would be a direct fit..... you might want to check with someone else on this thread....
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote