R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-20-2003, 12:23 AM   #2611
Tech Adept

Kenshin: You don't really get my point. As you can see my pervious post. I use only the word "RC racing" or "Racing item" because you were foucs on Surikarn kit only not low end RC car kits according your last message. But now you're also talking about general RC car. And yes, I agree the theory apply on low end rc car but remember we were only talking about the top of the line car kit. You need to pay attendion focus on your topic not going to broad.
Have fun with you new Surikarn, you have your freedom of buying this kit anywhere. Thank you for supporting this hobby.
smash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 12:44 AM   #2612
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by smash123
Kenshin: You don't really get my point. As you can see my pervious post. I use only the word "RC racing" or "Racing item" because you were foucs on Surikarn kit only not low end RC car kits according your last message. But now you're also talking about general RC car. And yes, I agree the theory apply on low end rc car but remember we were only talking about the top of the line car kit. You need to pay attendion focus on your topic not going to broad.
Have fun with you new Surikarn, you have your freedom of buying this kit anywhere. Thank you for supporting this hobby.

If you read your response to my original post, you were the one who suggested the dependence of the RC industry to rc racing. I was not focused on anything (not a specific car or the Surikarn for that matter). The topic was about hobby shops or retailers competing by lowering prices being bad for the RC industry (as suggested by izzyracer) which I find logically flawed. It is the beauty of free enterprise. Consumers have the freedom to choose, and retailers have the freedom to price their goods/services up to where the market can bear.

And yes, I will surely have double fun with my new Surikarn knowing that I got it at a reasonable price with excellent service

p.s.
Just curious, you seem to be a bit defensive on pricing issues, pardon me if I don't know you, are you a dealer or distributor or something?

Last edited by Kenshin; 06-20-2003 at 12:49 AM.
Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 12:53 AM   #2613
Tech Regular

Fellas, I think this discussion is best carried into another topic as its starting to go off topic.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:15 AM   #2614
Tech Regular

hey itchynads, many evo III racer over there in Aus? i'm starting to think i'm the only one in NZ with one!
GTMilenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 09:52 AM   #2615
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dunno what all the fuss is about... RC High end... Low end RC racing... whatever

YOU KNOW, if surikarn was drivin a TL01 and you were drivin a EVO3 SE... he'd still give ya a HUGE can of "whoop @$$"

Its 80% driver people... the equipment is only a little relivant...In fact, the more I look at that Xray T1R, the more I think it has better qualities than the evo3. Like the cooling chassis, those integrated HUB/Shaft/universal thing, Its rather neat to look at.
Just got that belt thing going against it... :P

Actually, I was thinkin that the TT01 wouldn't be too bad to race with... it looks tough, not much heavier than the evo3...and its completely sealed drivetrain means that you could also go offroad or even run it in the street...you dont gotta adjust nothing...just mess with tires and maybe springs/oil. pretty neato....hmmmm
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 10:27 AM   #2616
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I must have missed a discussion in here or something?

About the Surikan EVOIII. I get them through a distributor just like every shop, and I do my general mark up on a kit and that's how we come up with the price of $370. I don't get special discount or anything, every shop in the US gets them for the same price. A lot of shop like to mark up more on a "limited" or "Special" labled kit, for us, it doesn't work that way. Every kit that comes in here gets the same mark up, regardless if it is limited edition or not.

Now the topic on lower price. That's just my personal business philosphy: The more you can reduce the cost (price) in general, the easier it is to attract more people into the hobby. It's a very simple philosphy followed by many companies in the R/C industry and other industries as well. Of course other important factors goes along with the growth of the customer base (service and tech support) but price obviously is one of the important factor that makes the sale at the end. And this philosphy goes across the board, high end or lower end R/C cars and equipment. Because your idea of "high end" might be low end to someone else, so it is not so cut and dry.

I would really like to shed this image (if there is one) of Speed Tech R/C being an online shop only and we are always trying to undercut other shops. I would like to think that our prices, although not the best in the world, are honest and fair prices, and our service and tech support makes up for what we fall short on prices. We are not just an online shop, we are one of your local hobby store in the southern california area. And throughout the years we helped many start off in this hobby, and we've shared the driverstand with many that are into R/C racing (many of you on this messageboard )

Now, I must apologize for my long posts, but certain topic just can't be left unanswered (or maybe I should've just stay out of it? )

Thanks for reading guys, hope I didn't put too many of you to sleep.

Steve Wang
Old 06-20-2003, 10:37 AM   #2617
V12
Tech Elite

Are there any other castorblocks (F-parts) for the EVO3 than the stock 4 blocks? We do have next race at a small very tight outdoor track. Yesterday I was there for practice and tried both my TC3 and the EVO3. Overall the EVO was faster but overall I feel there still is room for improvement. Less castor worked better on the TC3 so maybe this works also for the EVO.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 11:22 AM   #2618
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

I must have missed a discussion in here or something?

About the Surikan EVOIII. I get them through a distributor just like every shop, and I do my general mark up on a kit and that's how we come up with the price of $370. I don't get special discount or anything, every shop in the US gets them for the same price. A lot of shop like to mark up more on a "limited" or "Special" labled kit, for us, it doesn't work that way. Every kit that comes in here gets the same mark up, regardless if it is limited edition or not.

Now the topic on lower price. That's just my personal business philosphy: The more you can reduce the cost (price) in general, the easier it is to attract more people into the hobby. It's a very simple philosphy followed by many companies in the R/C industry and other industries as well. Of course other important factors goes along with the growth of the customer base (service and tech support) but price obviously is one of the important factor that makes the sale at the end. And this philosphy goes across the board, high end or lower end R/C cars and equipment. Because your idea of "high end" might be low end to someone else, so it is not so cut and dry.

I would really like to shed this image (if there is one) of Speed Tech R/C being an online shop only and we are always trying to undercut other shops. I would like to think that our prices, although not the best in the world, are honest and fair prices, and our service and tech support makes up for what we fall short on prices. We are not just an online shop, we are one of your local hobby store in the southern california area. And throughout the years we helped many start off in this hobby, and we've shared the driverstand with many that are into R/C racing (many of you on this messageboard )

Now, I must apologize for my long posts, but certain topic just can't be left unanswered (or maybe I should've just stay out of it? )

Thanks for reading guys, hope I didn't put too many of you to sleep.

Steve Wang
Go Steve!
Old 06-20-2003, 11:48 AM   #2619
Tech Adept

Very well said Steve. Now, is my Surikarn there yet?
Old 06-20-2003, 12:20 PM   #2620
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Great attitude Steve!!! And well said. If more shop owners were as involved as you are, I think they'd be more successful. At the very least they'd have more fun !!! Just a note for the rest of you Tamiya junkies.......elevated prices on Tamiya "special edition" and collectible kits shouldn't come as a surprise. Haven't we all seen this happen before !!?? Usually the overseas dealers start advertising the kits and the price is insane because of all the hype about limited quantities.Once the US dealers, like Speedtech, get hold of them and sell for realistic prices the pricing starts to drop rapidly. It's a game folks!!! Support folks like Steve!!
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 12:20 PM   #2621
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

V12 you can use the TA-04 castor block which I believe is 10d.

The down side is you shorten the front camber link to use it as the attachment point is on the hub or you can cut off the point and use the ball stud that is used with the stock EVO part
Old 06-20-2003, 12:39 PM   #2622
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by izzyracer
Go Steve!
Umm izzyracer, I think he was disagreeing with smash123 who was defending the statement that you have made.

Now enough of this, and let's get back to business! err I mean, cars, the Evo III.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:13 PM   #2623
V12
Tech Elite

@Difuser
Thanks for the info. Will look for the ta04 parts.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 02:18 AM   #2624
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by GTMilenko
anyone driven there SEVO3 yet? does it feel better? or faster?
what does it weigh compared to the origanal?does it come with better bearings?

another question, the high the camber link hole you use the lower the role centre is right? thanks

thanks guys
someone?
GTMilenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 02:30 AM   #2625
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by GTMilenko
hey itchynads, many evo III racer over there in Aus? i'm starting to think i'm the only one in NZ with one!
There are at least 5 at the club that I race which is a fair number

Oh tommorow's club meet will be the first time I run the Evo3S so I can't comment on its performance. It sure does look pretty

Last edited by itchynads; 06-21-2003 at 03:29 AM.
itchynads is offline   Reply With Quote