Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: evo 3 gearing

Originally posted by al jones
what is the gearing for a stock motors in a evo 3.
I use 90/36-38T on stock motors.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: evo 3 gearing

Originally posted by al jones
what is the gearing for a stock motors in a evo 3.
why the ? did you burn out your motor?
i use 66/39 but thats for 540
Old 06-19-2003, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

when i run on my track...i go 96/47...for a mirage 23T prism blue dot
Old 06-19-2003, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by izzyracer
Rod, your right, your EVO 3 had well worth of use including multiple wins, maybe it's time to retire it, and with all the upgrades it comes with including the Matt Francis Red :-) you can't go wrong specially with Steve's price. Hek I might get another one from him.
Are the ones you are selling different from Speedtech's?
Old 06-19-2003, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

anyone driven there SEVO3 yet? does it feel better? or faster?
what does it weigh compared to the origanal?does it come with better bearings?

another question, the high the camber link hole you use the lower the role centre is right? thanks

peter robinson - what brand of hex screws did you use on you evo? they look great!

thanks guys
Old 06-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

GT if you are refferring to the polished screws on Pete's car they are from the 414 cars. Pete being a now former high school punk and not having anything better to do he polished them up and made them look all pretty. Next he is looking to get pink parts for his car.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Difuser
GT if you are refferring to the polished screws on Pete's car they are from the 414 cars. Pete being a now former high school punk and not having anything better to do he polished them up and made them look all pretty. Next he is looking to get pink parts for his car.
hahahahaha
Old 06-19-2003, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by Evoracer
Hey...is everybody ignoring the question of pricing for the Surikarn??? 2 people have asked what those who have already purchased have paid. Throw us a bone dudes !!! Hey Izzy...saw your ad...keep going down on that price and I'll buy!!!!! So far it looks like Speedtech has everybody waiting to buy from them. Anybody got a better idea!!!!???
Evoracer, that's great if Steve can pull off that price. But my source said his selling below cost or making very little profit. I have no problems with that, it's his business, good for us, bad for R/C industry in general, because everyone has to bring there prices down to be competetive. Like I said to RtypeC I might get from Steve too. But right now I just can't sell at a price he is telling everyone. I already spoke to my source and all he said was just to bring it back to him.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by izzyracer
...... I have no problems with that, it's his business, good for us, bad for R/C industry in general, because everyone has to bring there prices down to be competetive. Like I said to RtypeC I might get from Steve too. But right now I just can't sell at a price he is telling everyone. I already spoke to my source and all he said was just to bring it back to him.
I don't believe it is bad for the R/C industry. Low prices means more people can afford it, thus, more growth. It looks like a win, win situation for everyone. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

^ tru dat
Old 06-19-2003, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

i think wat he is saying is if you can't make money off selling something then you probibly wont sell it any more.
in an extreme , closing your RC shop cause you not making enough money to pay the rent, if your local hobby store shuts down its no good for no one!
Old 06-19-2003, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

but if they make little profit per item but sell a lot of items then its all good
Old 06-19-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Kenshin: I think your logic can't be apply on this RC industry. Low price doesn't really mean more people come to this rc racing. No matter how the low price for rc racing item, it is consider expensive hobby for everybody. I never heard one said RC racing is cheap.
Serious buyers for Surikarn are going to get it anyway. Just matter of time. Of course, now they see Steve is selling this for unbeatable low $370. Everyone would wait for his shipment. I don't see any point a new buyer would buy a Surikarn for $370. I doubt how many people would now thinking getting Surikarn because it is now $370. For sure some people may tell you, "yeah, it is now only $370. I must get it". According by my experience, they usually have no real action.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Paying $370 from your local shop makes much better sense than spending $420+ from ebay.

Dont spend time worrying about what the margins are for a business. As long as price, service and product are not sacrificed get the best deal you can.

My 2 bits.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by smash123
Kenshin: I think your logic can't be apply on this RC industry. Low price doesn't really mean more people come to this rc racing. No matter how the low price for rc racing item, it is consider expensive hobby for everybody. I never heard one said RC racing is cheap.
Serious buyers for Surikarn are going to get it anyway. Just matter of time. Of course, now they see Steve is selling this for unbeatable low $370. Everyone would wait for his shipment. I don't see any point a new buyer would buy a Surikarn for $370. I doubt how many people would now thinking getting Surikarn because it is now $370. For sure some people may tell you, "yeah, it is now only $370. I must get it". According by my experience, they usually have no real action.
Well, smash123, I disagree. Not everybody in this hobby is into rc racing and the RC industry does not depend on rc racing alone. A lot are backyard bashers, weekend flyers, and leisure boaters. But for the people who are serious, will try to find the lowest price around. And oh yes, smart buyers will and do wait to get something for a cheaper price. I for one, was thinking of getting a Surikarn but when I saw the prices on eBay for $429 or even $475, I decided to wait and see for it was too rich for my blood. But as soon as I saw Speedtech got it on pre-order for $370, I am on the list baby! And I am sure I am not the only one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.