R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-09-2003, 08:28 PM   #2476
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Jedi

I cut the backing of the gear!

I wanted to leave the tooth as long as possible.

I did finaly toast a gear this weekend. And it was the pinion gear that I cut the reinforcing out of. But in all fairness, I was really PLAYING hard. The car took a cartwheel that was probably TWENTY feet long from start to end. GT3, and a D5 10X1 have a little different speeds. Sorry Ryan.

Last edited by dsrbltoys; 06-10-2003 at 07:16 PM.
dsrbltoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 11:31 PM   #2477
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Difuser
I still use the Tamiya servo saver but I do re-curve the spring washers to keep the dead spot from appearing. If it does re-bend the springs and it takes all the slop out.

A hop-up that is fresh from the Tamiya parts is the new hard ball cups I put them on at Reedy and they make all the difference in freeness in the suspension and also slop, there is virtually none after switching, especially in the steering department. I put them on a M03 yesterday and was amazed how much they lock all the steering down.
another way to remove the slop from your suspension, just take a plastic bag (such as one that tamiya spare and hop-up parts come in) and place it between the ball stud and the ball cup when you snap them together.

it will punch out a nice hole, and the plastic that is now in the ball cup will take out the slop! it works great!

peter

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 11:55 PM   #2478
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by peter_robinson
another way to remove the slop from your suspension, just take a plastic bag (such as one that tamiya spare and hop-up parts come in) and place it between the ball stud and the ball cup when you snap them together.

it will punch out a nice hole, and the plastic that is now in the ball cup will take out the slop! it works great!

peter
what a great idea! is this what you have been doing peter?
GTMilenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 06:58 AM   #2479
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I tried Peter's trick abotu a week ago and it really works. I have very little slop in my nitro and electric car's steering.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:15 AM   #2480
Tech Fanatic

I have just pre-ordered a Surikarn limited edition evo 3 from rainbowten and i believe that they have got about 15 kits available for pre-order which is nice. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 12:53 PM   #2481
Tech Addict

What is the price?
Intelligentsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 02:56 PM   #2482
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rick I heard you liked the spools over there do tell.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:22 PM   #2483
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by GTMilenko
what do u meen?
I think this is the # for the standard part if the limited edition # is no longer available.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:23 PM   #2484
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by GTMilenko
what a great idea! is this what you have been doing peter?
yup, i have been doing this for a little while now... and it works sooooooo good! much better than placing an o-ring behind the ball stud, which is what i used to do.

another tip: if you wanna go one step further than a plastic bag... get yourself some teflon tape from the plumbing section of your local hardware store... smooth like butter!

pete

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 10:54 PM   #2485
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by peter_robinson
yup, i have been doing this for a little while now... and it works sooooooo good! much better than placing an o-ring behind the ball stud, which is what i used to do.

another tip: if you wanna go one step further than a plastic bag... get yourself some teflon tape from the plumbing section of your local hardware store... smooth like butter!

pete
awsome,i'm gonna do it.
feel free to share any other tips
GTMilenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 12:56 AM   #2486
Tech Initiate

Default Best place to mail order Evo III (Stateside)?

Hi guys, newby to the Tamiya forums but just love the look and reviews the Evo III is getting and got to buy one. Howvere they are extremely expensive in the UK so want to save myself some monbey by buying from the states and getting a friend to ship it over for me. Can anyone recommend a good place that I can order over the web and will mail order to New York for me? Ive used Stormer Hobbies before to good effect but they dont seem to stock the Evo 3. Any help gatefully received

Rich
chownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 01:11 AM   #2487
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AQuionIV Send a message via Yahoo to AQuionIV

Your best bet, for finding an Evo3 stateside, would be going to www.SpeedTechRC.com . Steve is the greatest guy to talk to, always helpful, and they have only the most serious of RC's, including the evo3. It is also probably the cheapest place I've seen it at. So go get the website a visit. Hope I can help=)
AQuionIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 01:20 AM   #2488
Tech Regular

Default Re: Best place to mail order Evo III (Stateside)?

You may also want to try ordering directly from Hong Kong - it should be cheaper than getting it from the US. Steevo, who is your contact there?

Quote:
Originally posted by chownr
Hi guys, newby to the Tamiya forums but just love the look and reviews the Evo III is getting and got to buy one. Howvere they are extremely expensive in the UK so want to save myself some monbey by buying from the states and getting a friend to ship it over for me. Can anyone recommend a good place that I can order over the web and will mail order to New York for me? Ive used Stormer Hobbies before to good effect but they dont seem to stock the Evo 3. Any help gatefully received

Rich
KiwiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 06:06 AM   #2489
Tech Fanatic

The spools were mint in the rain but up untill the point it rained we were running oneways as these were alowed at our Reedy race. Hopefully my Surikarn edition shud be here one monday if everything goes well. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 08:09 AM   #2490
Tech Rookie

I felt that the one-way was quicker in the rain, but will try my spool at the weekend at west london, if i can go.

The surikarn edition is very nice, have built mine and its sweet. I see square are producing the ally bits they do now in red to match this car.
Jonny Boy is offline   Reply With Quote