R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-21-2003, 12:33 AM   #2221
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: 19T Battle of the Shaft

Quote:
Originally posted by rtypec
I dont know how accurate this is but RBF sent me this email a while back. Here's the win tally of bunch of fast guys (excluding me) since 19T started at Socal a couple of months ago. I've added the chassis type next to the names:

FRED HUBBARD (1) TC3
TAKA (1) Tamiya Evo3
PATT T (3) Yokomo SD
DAVID (3) Barracuda R2
ROD C (3) Tamiya Evo3
COREY LEWIS (1) Losi
STEVE WEISS (1) Losi

Like I said, I don't know how accurate this is, but it gives you an idea of how the shaft cars are doing.
Let see, count the mysterious radio glitch that took me into the wall (1), count the accidental collision by Weiss that took me out of the race (1), and count the top spot from tonight (1). The first two while leading the race. I know, I know close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. But I don't think anyone can match these. Without outside interference not caused by myself while LEADING the A-Main that totals (4) shoulda, coulda, woulda, but didn't wins.
Old 05-21-2003, 02:21 AM   #2222
Tech Fanatic

Default SPUR GEAR ADAPTER

Hello Fellow Tamiya Lovers....

I was in need of some assistance and thought this the best place to find the answer.

I was wanting to know if the Spur Gear Adapter for the TB Evo III will work on the EVO II. Even if it requires a small mod that is OK.
Also can someone please give me the Part Number...

You can PM me or just post on this thread

Thanks
Steevo
Steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 02:37 AM   #2223
Tech Regular

Default Re: SPUR GEAR ADAPTER

Quote:
Originally posted by Steevo
Hello Fellow Tamiya Lovers....

I was in need of some assistance and thought this the best place to find the answer.

I was wanting to know if the Spur Gear Adapter for the TB Evo III will work on the EVO II. Even if it requires a small mod that is OK.
Also can someone please give me the Part Number...

You can PM me or just post on this thread

Thanks
Steevo
This is the part numbers for the holder and carbon plate

3455643 Spur Gear holder plate
4305518 Spur Gear Mount

Hope ths helps
Old 05-21-2003, 02:41 AM   #2224
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: SPUR GEAR ADAPTER

Quote:
Originally posted by alan1467
This is the part numbers for the holder and carbon plate

3455643 Spur Gear holder plate
4305518 Spur Gear Mount

Hope ths helps
Thank you it does help.
Do you know if it is a straight fit??

Steevo
Old 05-21-2003, 02:49 AM   #2225
Tech Regular

Not sure if they fit without any mods all I can say is that the shaft is the same dia.
Old 05-21-2003, 02:58 AM   #2226
Tech Fanatic

Thats a good start

Thanks
Steevo
Old 05-21-2003, 04:50 AM   #2227
Tech Fanatic

It is now almost 1 o clock in the afternoon here dan, could i be cheaky and ask for 2 spools? Did you get my email?

I am not sure if i will be driving in Japan yet and there is a long way to go till i know if i will be driving, we are halfway through out season and i am leading the championship at the moment but if i win the UK eurocup then i have to go and do the same at the European finals which is by far the hardest part!

Thanks Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 06:23 AM   #2228
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: 19T Battle of the Shaft

Quote:
Originally posted by fhubbard
Let see, count the mysterious radio glitch that took me into the wall (1), count the accidental collision by Weiss that took me out of the race (1), and count the top spot from tonight (1). The first two while leading the race. I know, I know close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. But I don't think anyone can match these. Without outside interference not caused by myself while LEADING the A-Main that totals (4) shoulda, coulda, woulda, but didn't wins.
Yeah Fred, your car is fast. A lot of woulda coulda's. And yah, I felt that impact with the radio hit that one night. I remember you and Wiess going at it...But damn, your pink car dissappears in the main too much Good run last night, I wasn't there so I didn't get to see the last blast.

Oh yeah, one Saturday I rolled my car on the last turn to give Corey the win. That's my woulda coulda 4 wins hehe I woulda coulda matched your woulda coulda 4

In any event, lets have fun with our toy cars this weekend.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 07:26 AM   #2229
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Boy
Dick Raper, have u sorted tyres for the UK reedy race yet? let me know as i can get some if your struggling.

Well done Mark (weekendracer) on winning the TORC thingy. I raced at west london at the weekend and qualified second, but got mullered by someone at the start. dirty xray drivers! wanted to try loads of stuff but didnt get time....guess I may be making underbodies then, will let u know when I have mark.

I have been given some advice on making a spool from the standard outdrives by reinforcing them with an ally sleeve, like the losi boys do. will let u know if, and how long it takes me to break em.

dick, your camera doesnt show the yellow on your shells very well! thanks for posting pics of my work. let me know when u r sending them shells for the reedy, should have no problem doing them in time. make sure u sort me the beer tokens though!
Hey Jon i just noticed you calling me mark in your post, you must be thinking of my mate who i do most of my racing with who also has an EVO III and has spoken to you about undertrays before.

When you start doing the undertrays i know mark and myself will want at least one each. Keep us informed if you can.

John D
Old 05-21-2003, 07:33 AM   #2230
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: 19T Battle of the Shaft

Quote:
Originally posted by rtypec
Yeah Fred, your car is fast. A lot of woulda coulda's. And yah, I felt that impact with the radio hit that one night. I remember you and Wiess going at it...But damn, your pink car dissappears in the main too much Good run last night, I wasn't there so I didn't get to see the last blast.

Oh yeah, one Saturday I rolled my car on the last turn to give Corey the win. That's my woulda coulda 4 wins hehe I woulda coulda matched your woulda coulda 4

In any event, lets have fun with our toy cars this weekend.
Wassup Rod,

Dissappears in the main?? The only difference between your shoulda's and mine is you caused your shoulda, mine was caused by someone else. See ya maņana...
Old 05-21-2003, 08:00 AM   #2231
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lol Fred. Hehe good stuff as always. Yeah see ya bright and early.

Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 08:39 AM   #2232
Tech Rookie

sorry john, thought u were mark as u started using this forum at the same time i told mark of its existance!

will let u know when the underbodies are available.
Jonny Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 08:59 AM   #2233
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

well i will see you guys tomarrow... i am off to orange county tonight on my 7:45 flight out of seattle.

dan should be there already.

peter

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 09:51 AM   #2234
Tech Rookie

Default Evo3 Pics

Here's a couple pictures of my ride. I used Tamiya Hop-Up #53569 6mm Clamp-type Aluminum Wheel Hub so the front upper arm cup won't rub on the zero offset wheels. It also extends the width of the car another 4mm giving it a wider stance and more stable handling. As for the front body posts which some have encountered to be too soft and flexible, I replaced them with Hop-Up #53616 Front Aluminum 60mm Body Mounts. The center brace I replaced with Square's aftermarket center brace which comes in 3 seperate pieces. I'm still waiting for Tamiya to release this June the One-way Ring Gear Carbon Plate #53626 to re-inforce the front oneway. Other than that, I've just been using Tamiya's Threadlock to hold the setscrews in place on the front oneway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p5210070.jpg (36.2 KB, 165 views)
Rob6rR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 09:52 AM   #2235
Tech Rookie

Default Evo3 Pics - 2

Here's another angle ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p5210071.jpg (42.3 KB, 155 views)
Rob6rR is offline   Reply With Quote