R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-13-2003, 08:46 AM   #2101
Tech Rookie

alain1467,

Where about's in the UK do you race locally. I am from greatham, Cleveland, and would like to exchange views etc. with other EVOIII owners locally.

Let me know, my email is [email protected] drop me a line

Cheers
little*oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 08:49 AM   #2102
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I haven't seen mine Rod, for a week and a half it has been with Troy while he makes the center braces and spools also the upper link like on the Sur E3. Not sure if we'll have those for Reedy but hoping. Troy now has 25 or so spools made we are going to try a Ti version also. A client of my wife is a metal supplier and gave me some to try. mmmmmmm Ti
Old 05-13-2003, 09:01 AM   #2103
Tech Elite

Yum Ti is nice Did you know that the new version of the upper brace/camber link does have a certain achilles heal? It appears that if you want to raise the inner upper link, you'd have to add a bunch of spacers. That plus the somewhat soft Tamiya Ti screw would make it vulnerable to getting wacked if your car takes a good shot on one of the wheels. However, I'm still interested to see how it pans out. I'm looking forward to the release of the thicker 3mm chassis and center braces in order to eliminate some of the chassis flex.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 09:26 AM   #2104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Rod - I'm coming to SoCal tonight. Watch your rear view mirrors...I'll be on your bumper
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 12:12 PM   #2105
Tech Elite

I saw in the photos from the asia cups that he was using spacers under the link positions.
The links Troy is making give a longer link than the Tamiya pieces as the inner hole is tucked up against the gearcase. I am hoping to see parts this weekend so I can test with them on Sat/Sunday but no promises. With the limited practice at Reedy I am noe thrilled about racing unproven or tested parts.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:13 PM   #2106
Tech Elite

Troy is hoping to bring center braces down besides just 1 or 2 of them. So you might have some EVO EVO parts haha
Old 05-13-2003, 03:27 PM   #2107
Tech Regular

hey guys, i have a problem, maybe somebody could help me?
in my evo 3 when i make a left turn the car oversteers serverly, but not when turning right.
i've checked all my shocks are the same all the camber links are same lenth. i've tryed different sets of tires. i'm useing no swaybars. when the car oversteers left from this problem it doesn't just slide out nicely the whole car shakes and you can hear it fighting for grip and see it shaking as the tire looses grip.
and it doesn't seem to matter what i do to tune it it is always doing the same thing when turning left.
maybe my suspension rods are bent a bit putting my toe-in off, but if they are bent it is not by much. the cars suspension looks the same left and right, i dunno, any help? PLEASE
GTMilenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 04:04 PM   #2108
Tech Regular

LoL, my dad had EXCATLY the same problem just last night, i forgot how he fixed it but i think it had something to do with the servo saver on the servo, it wasn't straight so he had to make it straight on the radio causing less steering. After he put the servo saver on straight he then fixed his radio trim up and set the EXP again and it was turning better than mine

Any way jusy try that and see how it goes
Johnny J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 04:15 PM   #2109
Tech Regular

i think i've figured it, i put the front wheels as far forward as they would go, and because of this when i turn the universal shaft rubs on part F1 or F2 depend which way your turning making a front wheel vibrate very badly, don't know why it would only effect it turning one way, but i'll let you know if this is the problem.
i have already put new suspension shafts on and they didn't help.
and my servosaver is all on straight and i have full steering both ways.
another thing about putting the front wheels far forward is that the sway bar won't fit. i'll get back to you all when my batteries have cooled and been charged again
Old 05-13-2003, 04:24 PM   #2110
Tech Elite

Check your hingepins for binding also it may be causing tweek or holding load in a corner
Old 05-13-2003, 04:45 PM   #2111
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Difuser
Check your hingepins for binding also it may be causing tweek or holding load in a corner
thanks , i checked that just now but they are all free, nothing is too tight or too loose.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:52 PM   #2112
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by GTMilenko
i think i've figured it, i put the front wheels as far forward as they would go, and because of this when i turn the universal shaft rubs on part F1 or F2 depend which way your turning making a front wheel vibrate very badly, don't know why it would only effect it turning one way, but i'll let you know if this is the problem.
i have already put new suspension shafts on and they didn't help.
and my servosaver is all on straight and i have full steering both ways.
another thing about putting the front wheels far forward is that the sway bar won't fit. i'll get back to you all when my batteries have cooled and been charged again
there's no rubbing now, but the wheels still vibrate badly when turning , but not when going straight. gonna try rebuild cvd's now.
any ideas where this vibration in the front is coming from?
Old 05-13-2003, 06:29 PM   #2113
Tech Addict

I have had a similar problem with the wheel vibration and it urned out that the pin in cvd actually slipped out a little bit and broke, not sure how it all happened but when I pull on the dogbone the drive shaft stayed in the hub, very wierd.

I had used loctite on the grub screw and had no problems for months and the other 3 cvd's where fine.

Funny thing was the car was still very drive-able.

Tony
defMondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 06:36 PM   #2114
Tech Regular

Tony - that hasn't happened to mine, but it must be my cvds, i rebuilt them and its helped a little but the problem is still there.
and unfortanly my car is not very drivible.
i might try and rebuild all 4 cvds and put the back ones in the front and vis versa.

anyone else have any ideas? would a bent pin in my cvd do this? if it is bent i can't tell. this is horrible! keep helping people, thank you heaps
Old 05-13-2003, 07:07 PM   #2115
Tech Addict

Are you trying to set the limits on the steering above what they should be ?

with the car on a car stand when you turn the steering all the way to each side (using the radio) do the wheels spin freely or are they a little clunky?

Tony
defMondo is offline   Reply With Quote