R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-03-2003, 04:58 AM   #2011
Tech Regular

davioh - diff's are easier to drive, not better, infact a oneway "should" be faster.
you have a evo just look at how the oneway works its very easy to see/understand how it is different from a diff.

by the way my sandpaper spool held up fine at my race meet.
i find the spool very easy to drive, i find a oneway difficult(but very fast when i'm going well.)
GTMilenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 06:21 AM   #2012
Tech Addict

not sure if this story is true or not. my local hobby store said that tamiya is testing or maybe thinking of releasing a special version of the Evo III with SSG parts.

Will there be a Evo III special in the near future?

that would be something to look forward to
racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 12:47 PM   #2013
Tech Regular

Ok guys im after some setups for stock class racing ( 27T ) here in the UK. I have set some good times at my local track at bedworth ( 18/304 sec's new PB ) but feel there is far more to come from the car.

So what setups do you us ???
Old 05-03-2003, 09:34 PM   #2014
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by madjack
I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row. I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru. Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Giants, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after work, I repair electrical appliances free of charge. I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Fashion critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat .400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. I can hurl golf clubs at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and War and Peace in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me. I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but did not to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery with an x-acto knife and CA glue, and I have spoken with Elvis.

But I have not yet won the A-main

madjack,

what was that?

I think with that diologue you could probably confuse your way for your first win.

Coop
gcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 12:02 AM   #2015
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah John I have been running them like that since Feb I needed better breakaway on the diff on carpet and built them that way and have stayed with it on a loose surface it can get a touch skatey but I use it 90% of the time
Old 05-04-2003, 01:06 AM   #2016
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

here is a look at what is next on the spool machinists list of EVO 3 parts. Aluminum center bridge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bridge2.jpg (117.8 KB, 167 views)

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 01:07 AM   #2017
Tech Elite

another shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bridge1.jpg (120.6 KB, 134 views)

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
Old 05-04-2003, 01:10 AM   #2018
Tech Elite

i will try to see if i can get one of the spools from either difuser or troy the machinist and put some pics up for those who want them at the reedy race.

peter

Old 05-04-2003, 01:22 AM   #2019
Tech Fanatic

Default CHASSIS QUESTION

Hi all.
Sorry to butt in, but I had a Question I was hoping someone could answer.

Does anyone know if the TB Evo 3 lower chassis can be used on a TB Evo 2. I am having a little trouble getting a spare TB Evo 2 lower chassis for back up for the future.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steevo
Steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 03:58 AM   #2020
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to fabolousRC Send a message via Yahoo to fabolousRC

Quote:
Originally posted by racer
not sure if this story is true or not. my local hobby store said that tamiya is testing or maybe thinking of releasing a special version of the Evo III with SSG parts.

Yep...surikarn edition

Lex Tyler Paints \ Norcal Hobbies \ Bay Area Peninsula R/C Club
fabolousRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 03:58 AM   #2021
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to fabolousRC Send a message via Yahoo to fabolousRC
Default Re: CHASSIS QUESTION

Quote:
Originally posted by Steevo
Hi all.
Sorry to butt in, but I had a Question I was hoping someone could answer.

Does anyone know if the TB Evo 3 lower chassis can be used on a TB Evo 2. I am having a little trouble getting a spare TB Evo 2 lower chassis for back up for the future.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steevo
Check with Diva, Steevo...he might have some access to the Kai edition chassis for TB evo 2.

Lex Tyler Paints \ Norcal Hobbies \ Bay Area Peninsula R/C Club
fabolousRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 04:47 AM   #2022
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by racer

Quote:
Originally posted by fabolousRC
Yep...surikarn edition
The surikarn edition doesn't contain SSG. I'm sure at some point they will release the carbon fibre parts in SSG.

But how cool would it look with SSG and the red anodised alloy bits, specially parked next to the TRF04.

Tony
defMondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 05:30 AM   #2023
Tech Fanatic

dun't like ssg...
davioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 04:03 PM   #2024
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: CHASSIS QUESTION

Quote:
Originally posted by fabolousRC
Check with Diva, Steevo...he might have some access to the Kai edition chassis for TB evo 2.
EVOII Kai stuff is very Hard to come by ..Since Kitoma Takashi doesn`t make them any more

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 04:20 PM   #2025
Tech Fanatic

is it just me? or is the original servo saver loose?
davioh is offline   Reply With Quote