Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 04:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

its about 4AM.. havne't slept yet.. too excited.. first race w/ Evo3. Wonderin' how it'll go.. .. wish me luck!!! freak it.. It's a long drive up to fountain valley.. leaving an hour early won't hurt=).. Talk 2 u guys later!!1
Old 03-30-2003, 07:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

good luck!
Old 03-30-2003, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

what is the difference with the special "red version" of the TBe3? anything special or just red aoidinze (sp?) parts?
Old 03-30-2003, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

So will the "Red Version" be carried here in the USA? Any avalbility information?

Thanks

Jeff
Old 03-31-2003, 12:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default my personal race results.

I know this probably won't mean much to most of u EXPERT drivers, but Today was the first time I ran my TB3 on track. If you could see the smile on my face since the time I started, until now!!! hahahah!!!! I can safely say, goin from a TC3 RTR, to a factory Team, to a TB Evo2, and now the Evo3,,, NEVER in my life have I ever had such a clean race!!! Somewhat tight concrete track, not much traction, and this rookie w/ front 1way installed. But u know wat? W/ the complete box stock setup except for blue sways in the front, and red sways in the rear. The car never spun out, went through corners faster than a liquor store bandit, and even punched out of it clean! I was even able to dodge all the other drivers I was lapping (a few times), without incident most of the time! I SHOULD HAVE HAD THAT TQ SPOT!!! except my gearing was not tall enuff to handle the straight, where I kept getting caught (out of everyone there, and the Hobby store on tap, how da heck could I not find a 36 pinion?!). I wish I could have tried my main, I knew I could have done it, except I had 2 leave early to take my lil' bro to the airport cuz he's goin 2 college out of da country. Overall, I had no troubles watsoever w/ the car. I just wish I had the tuning skillz.. heheh.. and more gearing=P... I know this don't mean much to most, but this proves that even the rookie can make this car great! CAN'T WAIT TILL THE NEXT RACE!!!
Old 03-31-2003, 01:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by davioh
what is the difference with the special "red version" of the TBe3? anything special or just red aoidinze (sp?) parts?
Here are some bits of info.
http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?na...rticle&sid=356
Old 03-31-2003, 02:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

i wonder if this car comes out if i'll be able to upgrade from mine to that....does anyone hav a good, big pic of the red version?
Old 03-31-2003, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

AQuionIV:
grr8 news man!more practice!!hehe
Davioh:
for more info on Surikarn's 'new' car and details just read up a few pages back.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

yeah i saw that....but it's not sucha good pic...well it's okay...
Old 03-31-2003, 05:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys maybe you can help me with a problem. I went to practice yesterday and noticed theres a prob. with my E3. It will glitch in certain spots on the track and sort of runs out of power on certain turns. I switched receivers, but it still does it. I'm running a new quantum competiotion esc and a new futaba s9405 servo. my best guess is that the servo is sucking too much power on the turns cuz it sort of stops doing that after i let go of the steering wheel. then the power kicks into the motor and it takes off. should i get a new servo? add more caps to the motor, put in that ESC world upgrade kit? help. :P
Old 03-31-2003, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Is your chassis internally split?

Check your chassis,

If you flex it and you get glitching it maybe the chassis is internally delaminating from a crash.
Just a thought.
SWG
Old 03-31-2003, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

My experience from our old local track only certain frequencies glitch on same spots each time the car pass. I kinda figured it must be unscroupolous frequency interference coming from 2-way radios around the area. Btw, I was talking about AM freq.
Old 03-31-2003, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AQuionIV
besides bevel gear problems, can anyone report on anything else that they have broken on the car?? This car seems to be so indestructable to me.. but then again, that's just to me.... yet... I don't want to get caught suddenly partless... lol.. but yea.. anyone know wat breaks easy on dis ride? thanks
Had a crash on qualifying and when the finals started I noticed a loud gear noise from the front gear case. Shock of my life, 1 of the 3x10 tapping screw from the gearcase came loose. Good thing the crown gear didnt strip. I replaced the screw back and was able to run again. And there you go, if your not watchful with gearcase screws it can totally end up a good day's race.
Old 03-31-2003, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

i dont think it'd be delaminating...i CA's all the edges, and I havent crashed no where near hard yet...tapped the boards a little sideways, but not HARD enough to do that... oh, as far as the frequency interference... I run an MX3 FM radio. I also ran another touring car on same frequency and it wouldn't glitch with it at all.any other ideas?
Old 03-31-2003, 08:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Geetoo
Had a crash on qualifying and when the finals started I noticed a loud gear noise from the front gear case. Shock of my life, 1 of the 3x10 tapping screw from the gearcase came loose. Good thing the crown gear didnt strip. I replaced the screw back and was able to run again. And there you go, if your not watchful with gearcase screws it can totally end up a good day's race.
always gotta watch ur screws....everywhere...i mighta said this already but u gotta make sure the screws on the main chassi are tight....or else if they come off YOU'RE screwed lol....happened once and lost the suspension balls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.