R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-30-2015, 10:52 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Superside racing sidecar F1 1/8

Hello everyone, I present my prototype, a F1 sidecar (Superside) scale 1/8, corresponding to the ribs of a car 1/10.
I realized all in order to run (if possible) in category "protoype sidecar" sleeves French Champioship bike in 2013.
I left the coast of Regulation FIM scale 1 and I ended up doing the following.
I opted for a belt drive to keep the engine just before the rear wheel and a maximum mass in the main axis of the sidecar as a scale.
Transmission parts from a TF-5 Stallion, F1 wheels, front of Pedal Popper.
It began with a "white mount" to see if anything can happen.

Possible settings are:

_ Ground clearance adjustable side wheel propelling through the eccentric belt tension.
_ Ground clearance adjustable wheel side of the basket with the original screws in the rear triangle.
_ Adjustable camber on the wheel of the cart.
_ Clamping eccentric adjustable thanks to the fixed axis of the triangle.
_ Hunting ground clearance and adjustable front with shims under the fixed triangles before.

With all that I hope the behavior will match.
These are the pictures in progress:

Here it is finished, finally, to the frame part, remains the most difficult: the body.
I planned to put one together with LRP X12 6.5T engine but the concern is with the transmission upside down had to run the engine in reverse, but with this set you can not reverse the phases. .. so I put together a Mamba Max 7700kv
These are pictures of the finished frame:

Here is the outline of the future 2D body to be closer to the best of what is done at scale 1.

Fred, I hope that your template will be announced to the exact dimensions in the regulation because my body should be 431mm x 220mm precisely.

Those who have the mind as twisted as mine include the following drawing:

Once the bodywork finished it should be printed in several copies for those who would do their own prototype

For those who want to get into a replica of a F1 sidecar here the coast of FIM regulations for the chassis, scale 1:

Here is the link to the rules that will apply to the French Championship for the sidecar:
http://motorcbike.free.fr/DocTexte/R...des_Car_V2.pdf

Thank you for the link to Lalain: top:

This is the progress of the template as a basis for recovery of wax:

[Img]http://cvandrome.free.fr/s26.JPG[i/mg]

calimerosf501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:53 AM   #2
Tech Initiate

This is the progress of the mold to the body, first I covered the master polystyrene with modeling wax. I finished the body naked virgin, without the pilot and passenger, I presented all on the chassis to make sure everything goes smoothly.
Then the hardest part was to "sculpt" the driver and passenger without making against undercut for thermoforming. I can assure you that it's hard to sculpt a character without "rounded" back.
The position of the passenger is not great but I could not take it to the top of the fairing, so I found this solution: a straight line position.
Once finished it I just had has run the plaster mold.
Tomorrow I make smoothing with coating.
Normally the first body should be released Thursday.
These are pictures of work steps:

A quick little video, made between showers
No adjustment was made, the tires are worn with the same positive camber, which does not help:
[Video = youtube; u1-lWqupR_M] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1-lWqupR_M [/ video]

To finish, if you want à copy of this bodyshell you can contact me by webmail at this adress: calimerosf501@free.fr
Old 12-30-2015, 10:54 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

This is the D day, the body will be thermoformed in a few hours.
This is the finished mold:

Well there it is now the first two bodies made ​​of lexan. It's not perfect yet because there is a fold but the next series should be better.
I will paint mine so that one realizes forms.
Special thanks to George's store TOP OPTIONS thermoformed to me these bodies. If ever some are concerned it can produce others.
These are the bodies:

Old 12-30-2015, 10:55 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

Here it is finally, after 12 days there he made ​​A to Z, I made some adjustments that are very positive for the behavior of the sidecar:
I put a pinch ° and 1 ° of camber on the wheel side side, 1 ° of camber on the wheel.
I also changed the engine for a LRP X12 10.5T Prostock, mounted sensorless order to reverse the direction of rotation.
I will make a short video as soon as possible but frankly it's super realistic with the bodywork.
For the decoration of the body I was inspired by this one:

here my body finished:

The next paint on the second body will be the copy of French Team " TEAM GALLERNE" répliqua:

Old 12-30-2015, 10:55 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I like this.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:55 AM   #6
Tech Initiate

It's been an evolution: a front track of 1/12 TOP REBEL 12 (thank you Ciol77), replacing the controller / motor set EZ-RUN 9T because too much cogging Mamba with the controller and the motor LRP X12, which generated in the surges too high. I also replaced the bearings by Kyosho aluminum bearings machined and engraved my name (thank you JMB77).
Behavior has changed significantly since the first tests, I can almost put full throttle on corner exit. It's not perfect yet but I think that side, given the configuration of the chassis, it is impossible to run "right" as a DTM 1/10.
Appointment on the slopes of CF, hoping to see a lot of prototypes.

That after making a sidecar parts from DTM I said that to develop the "sidecars protos" next year, the CF moto 2103, it was necessary that some designers can do their own proto without having to machine parts .
So I went to a track 1/12 which I got the pod rear transmission and two half-trains before.
I cut a sheet of epoxy and I assembled everything.
I said that the top plate is there to stiffen the assembly because I have no carbon or 3mm thick epoxy this, I was left with only the 16/10ème not enough vrillerait rigid and too easily.
So if some want to embark on the adventure they just get their 1/12th, electronics and presto, after a bit of sawing and drilling a 3mm plate epoxy they can come to confront us during four rounds of CF bike.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:57 AM   #7
Tech Initiate

Here are the first photos of the next carro. The decor is based on that of Team Gallerne, but it is not a replica of it.
The carro is being painted, the pilot and passenger should be repeated:

This is the third proto fresh out of the workshop. The particularity of this is to use a transmission bevel. It comes from a Kyosho ZX5 Laser I replaced the differential by a rigid shaft of TF5 which fits perfectly into the cell. The front is amortized with the same principle as track 1/12.
Following in pictures ...

Come on, this is the fifth prototype, this time it is based on a TOP REBEL 12, no part has been machined, I only put a hex 14mm at the rear, from a F1 in order to put tires F1, I did the same on the wheel axles basket and direction.
The first tests were very successful, especially with a LRP X12 10.5T Stockspec.
I feel that will appeal to the config fcjm78.
Here are the photos:

Little clarity on how to move tire type F1 F104 on a train back to 1/12.
You take a train back to 1/12, taking you cut the rear axle and you drill and tap the plate to screw diff crown KIMBROUGH (48 in DP for me), then you cut the threaded end 15 mm the shelf edge, you reduce the diameter of the shaft to 6mm (6.35 mm of origin because the ribs are not American and non-metric) and you can insert a hex F104 intersected in length.
Here are some pictures of this realization to understand the whole

Here it is finally, I got my second body. She is GORGEOUS! The pictures do not do terrible in color because it's dark now. Come on, they are finally ready for the French Championship.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:57 AM   #8
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalain View Post
Calimero don't stop to work:

And this is mine (thanks to Cali) :

First national race on the 28 April 2013: 6 months to wait
Old 12-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #9
Tech Initiate

Well, here it is finally, the mold was redone in PU RESIN, so now indestructible.
We took advantage of this reissue to spend the coast road to carrosseire to 210mm instead of 230mm behind. Need to make it 1cm from the ground to get into the control template.

Here, the carroseries are available from today. You can buy them directly at the store in France TOP OPTIONS, just call George at +333 23 69 31 49 or to order via his website here: http://www.top-options.fr/product_in...oducts_id=2548

Old 12-30-2015, 10:59 AM   #10
Tech Initiate

This is the latest addition to my personal prototypes. Some pictures of the overall design. It is not finished yet, it takes time ...
Just an FYI for those who have a base of 1/12 and want to spend tires tenth DTM 30mm and 26mm with 12mm hex: take doors rocket F103GT Tamiya niquel it goes, the proof .. .

It is it is finished, here are the photos:

Old 12-30-2015, 10:59 AM   #11
Tech Initiate

So my two carros official for this season. You will notice they are made ​​entièrment paint stickers except two: the "Petit-RC" and "Nosram" on the side # 8

Old 12-30-2015, 10:59 AM   #12
Tech Initiate

A short vidéo made this afternoon at MESRC77 at Emerainville in France

http://youtu.be/scndi6FZP-U
Old 12-30-2015, 11:00 AM   #13
Tech Initiate

After a long absence following the judgment of the SIDECAR category CF I return with two new prototypes.

The first in 2WD, rear axle with differential 1/12 F1 HPI, belt drive on the wheel of the cart as I keep the effect of the differential on the two rear wheels, photos:

The second integral transmission, 3 wheels drive, differential to the rear, rigid axle at the front, fully suspended and integral settings 3 rolling trains. I mounted a LRP 6.5T and can be welded on as a trigger DTM, it will not budge.
I will make you a video soon as I can return to MESRC77.
Place the photos:

Small changes after today's tests; a belt tensioner and before an additional bearing for the guide pulley mounted on the differential nut, which drives the cart wheel.

Touch "smart" cells engraved my nickname: he:

Old 01-09-2016, 07:05 AM   #14
Tech Initiate

Next step: creation of a body more "realistic" based on this miniature sidecar:

Old 01-10-2016, 09:31 AM   #15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Awesome project!!! Are there any vids online of these racing the circuit?

Much respect. Very creative mind..

I miss watching the series on TV