R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree31Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2016, 10:03 AM   #46
Tech Addict
 
32819toon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of England
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I need some steel outdrives as I've now broken all 3 spares I had. The Nando / Exceed ones are only available in the USA & shipping is too expensive . Is there another car whose outdrives will fit, or may be a gear diff ?
Thanks
__________________
32819toon
VBC Wildfire D08, Yokomo BD7 RS, Schumacher Atom, Tamiya M03, M05 (outdoor Mini), M03RWD, MF01-X, BSR M-Rage, ABC Gambado, Associated TC4 (outdoor car).
32819toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:54 PM   #47
Tech Regular
 
RotorTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lake Elsinore, CA
Posts: 319
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

So I bought the option spool for the m.rage, installed it in the front with new bearings. Drove it last weekend at the track. Normally I have the ball diff up there set very tight. Spool does a little better acceleration, and I swear braking was a little better. It understeered a touch so I added 5% more steering and it drove rather well. Tire wear.... was horrible. Outdoor asphalt sunny 95* ambient. I was using the kit tires and rims, that I prepped at home. Scuffed and 3 coats of Formula V traction treatment. At the track cleaned tires with Simple Green and sauced before each session with 50/50 mix of Paragon and WD-40. They were driveable for 15 minutes of practice, and two 5 minute qualifiers. But by the time for the main race, they were worn and coned. Drove anyway, drove okay but just didn't have the traction from earlier. Went from pole position to 3rd place. Front tires were just toast.

Had to try it out, a worthy experiment. I'll switch back to the very tight ball diff, thank you!
__________________
-Brad
RotorTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:03 AM   #48
Tech Elite
 
sakadachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,275
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Sounds like fun, RotoTruck. Glad to hear you're enjoying your BSR!

I'm going back to my RC hobby in a few months when it gets colder where I am.
__________________
4PKS-R, DX4S, EX-5UR: Sabre4WD Mini, SabreFD Mini, M01, M02, M03, M04, M05 (2), M05ProV2, TA05 M-Four, CupRacer, BSR M-Rage, WR02, GF01 (2), CC01 (2), CW01, CR01, DF02, TT02B, TA02, RS4, MicroRS4, MR01, MR03-S (2), MR03VE, DigiQ (7), & more.. Updates of projects I am working on in my profile page.
sakadachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:37 AM   #49
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 6,212
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorTruck View Post
So I bought the option spool for the m.rage, installed it in the front with new bearings. Drove it last weekend at the track. Normally I have the ball diff up there set very tight. Spool does a little better acceleration, and I swear braking was a little better. It understeered a touch so I added 5% more steering and it drove rather well. Tire wear.... was horrible. Outdoor asphalt sunny 95* ambient. I was using the kit tires and rims, that I prepped at home. Scuffed and 3 coats of Formula V traction treatment. At the track cleaned tires with Simple Green and sauced before each session with 50/50 mix of Paragon and WD-40. They were driveable for 15 minutes of practice, and two 5 minute qualifiers. But by the time for the main race, they were worn and coned. Drove anyway, drove okay but just didn't have the traction from earlier. Went from pole position to 3rd place. Front tires were just toast.

Had to try it out, a worthy experiment. I'll switch back to the very tight ball diff, thank you!
Tamiya sells 3x3mm bushings that can be used in a ball diff that gives a limited slip diff that might work for you. The part number is 54424 and I used these very successfully in my TB-03 in the past. Might be worth a try.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:55 PM   #50
Tech Regular
 
RotorTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lake Elsinore, CA
Posts: 319
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

The stock ball diff tightened up on the tight side works really well but I may try those Tamiya bushings you spec'd just for kicks. Thanks!
__________________
-Brad
RotorTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:56 PM   #51
Tech Regular
 
longuylander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Long Island
Posts: 309
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Just ordered one of these from HobbyKing. From the U.S. East warehouse, with shipping, cost just over $50. I couldn't pass on that. I probably should have bought a second too, for spare parts.
longuylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:11 AM   #52
Tech Elite
 
sakadachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,275
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Wow, that's a super deal! Keep us posted how you like it.
__________________
4PKS-R, DX4S, EX-5UR: Sabre4WD Mini, SabreFD Mini, M01, M02, M03, M04, M05 (2), M05ProV2, TA05 M-Four, CupRacer, BSR M-Rage, WR02, GF01 (2), CC01 (2), CW01, CR01, DF02, TT02B, TA02, RS4, MicroRS4, MR01, MR03-S (2), MR03VE, DigiQ (7), & more.. Updates of projects I am working on in my profile page.
sakadachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:49 AM   #53
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 6,212
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longuylander View Post
Just ordered one of these from HobbyKing. From the U.S. East warehouse, with shipping, cost just over $50. I couldn't pass on that. I probably should have bought a second too, for spare parts.
How did you manage to do that? I still see these listed for $89.50 USD plus the shipping from the US warehouse.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:38 AM   #54
Tech Fanatic
 
aracefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: OK
Posts: 778
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
How did you manage to do that? I still see these listed for $89.50 USD plus the shipping from the US warehouse.
On Friday, they were $39 (for the kit) on HK's East warehouse site - I almost ordered 2, but didn't. Just ordered another 1/12 scale.
__________________
All give some, but some give all - thank you veterans for my freedom.
VBC is my new addiction - have Alex Pate at GripworksRC to thank for that!
aracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:43 AM   #55
Tech Fanatic
 
aracefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: OK
Posts: 778
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

just ordered 2 of them... they were $39.03 /ea. $88 with shipping for 2 of 'em.
__________________
All give some, but some give all - thank you veterans for my freedom.
VBC is my new addiction - have Alex Pate at GripworksRC to thank for that!
aracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:51 AM   #56
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 6,212
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aracefan View Post
On Friday, they were $39 (for the kit) on HK's East warehouse site - I almost ordered 2, but didn't. Just ordered another 1/12 scale.
All I see is International for $78.14 and USA West for $89.50, no USA East warehouse listings at all. Bummer, for $39 I would have grabbed two as well.
Spharticus likes this.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:43 AM   #57
Tech Fanatic
 
aracefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: OK
Posts: 778
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Here ya go.
Make sure it says: Shipped from USA East Warehouse above the quantity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
All I see is International for $78.14 and USA West for $89.50, no USA East warehouse listings at all. Bummer, for $39 I would have grabbed two as well.
__________________
All give some, but some give all - thank you veterans for my freedom.
VBC is my new addiction - have Alex Pate at GripworksRC to thank for that!
aracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:21 AM   #58
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 124
Default

I ordered one too. It arrived on Saturday. I have not started the build, but did pull a few parts out of the box. I was surprised at how small the "mini-10" scale is - my 1/16 SCT is about the same size

The m.rage tire on top of a few 1/16 tires -


And the m.rage body on top of my 1/16 sct chassis -

Last edited by JerryRigged; 10-24-2016 at 11:48 AM.
JerryRigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:43 PM   #59
Tech Regular
 
longuylander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Long Island
Posts: 309
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I wonder why some people can't see the U.S. East price. Mine should be arriving on Wednesday. I ordered a set of the soft, medium, and hard springs and an extra set of diff outdrives (after reading this thread) from the HK warehouse too.
longuylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:44 PM   #60
Tech Regular
 
longuylander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Long Island
Posts: 309
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

aracefan, I just noticed the five minute time difference between your "I almost ordered two but just bought another 1/12" post and your "I just ordered two of them" post. Couldn't resist, eh?
longuylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:40 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net