R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree3Likes

Old 03-20-2017, 10:08 AM   #136
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks for the tips

Hi guys, I modified my kit based on some of your posts. My kit came with bearings for the steering rack, so they must include them in the kit now. As far as breaking the chassis, I used a carbon fiber square tube epoxied to the top of the chassis plate to reinforce the battery side of the chassis to prevent breakage. We'll see how it holds up. I also had a problem with bearing binding, and found out that I cracked the pinion bearing like the other guy did. (Make sure the set screw is all the way in, before installing the pinion top plate.) luckily I bought a bearing kit for another car and it had a spare bearing that fit perfectly. I'll be taking it to the track this week to test and tune. What spur gear are you guys running? trying to figure out what the stock Final drive ratio is. I know the internal ratio is 2.35:1, and it has a 31t pinion, but what T is the spur? trying to get into the 5'ish FDR range. Hobby King doesn't show any options for spur gears. Have any of you changed your spurs from stock?
Spharticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:31 AM   #137
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I use robinson racing 49t and 55t spur, 48pitch. Also fit the TC4. My track has a 120' straight and I use a 49t spur and 40t pinion, 21.5t Trackstar v2 motor. Had to dremel the motor mount slots in order to move the motor inward. Never broke the chassis or a pinion bearing. You may need to count the teeth on the stock spur.
Spharticus likes this.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:00 PM   #138
Tech Rookie

Almost finished mine. Just waiting on new front body mounts, and to mod the front bumper to get the Mini Cooper shell on board.... at least it is now running!!
Attached Thumbnails
BSR Racing M.RAGE mini-bsr-mini-1.jpg   BSR Racing M.RAGE mini-bsr-mini-2.jpg  
RetroStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:55 PM   #139
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks good, I like the battery forward for more steering. 1* camber front, 2* camber rear, 0 toe makes it easier to drive. Good luck.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:22 PM   #140
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorTruck View Post
Looks good, I like the battery forward for more steering. 1* camber front, 2* camber rear, 0 toe makes it easier to drive. Good luck.
Thanks... working the settings as we speak.

Battery is now forward to about 1/2" from the front of the tray and feel much more balanced (i.e. far less pendulum-like understeer). Need to re-do the soldering too - while it works, it looks a little sub-standard. All in time!
RetroStyle is offline   Reply With Quote