Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree125Likes

CTS - California Touring Series

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayL
please show me the ROAR rules for 190mm rubber F1........
Not exactly "the rules" but this is what they require in terms of motors.

http://roarracing.com/blog_post.php?pid=2246&ps=5

For some reason ROAR decided to reinvent the spec motor rules for 25.5 rather than keeping them the same as all other spec motors but with 25.5 turns.

I think it was their misguided attempt to protect the competitiveness of the the existing Novak 25.5 motor required in VTA.

These are no chassis rules for F1 yet, but hopefully they do not try and reinvent the wheel like with motors.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default CTS-CaliTouringSeries

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Not exactly "the rules" but this is what they require in terms of motors.

http://roarracing.com/blog_post.php?pid=2246&ps=5

For some reason ROAR decided to reinvent the spec motor rules for 25.5 rather than keeping them the same as all other spec motors but with 25.5 turns.

I think it was their misguided attempt to protect the competitiveness of the the existing Novak 25.5 motor required in VTA.

These are no chassis rules for F1 yet, but hopefully they do not try and reinvent the wheel like with motors.
Thanks Rick
Old 02-02-2016, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

For all attending the CTS please remember to bring Lipo sacks. Let's try to practice safety so no injuries occur.

Let's Have Fun!
Old 02-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lex Tyler
For all attending the CTS please remember to bring Lipo sacks. Let's try to practice safety so no injuries occur.

Let's Have Fun!
Lex! Great JOB on this pal! WE are SUPER Excited about this GREAT NEW SERIES!!! I even hear that Socal is gonna be in the series NEXT YEAR!!! How Sweeeeet is that?!!!! Again, great job and keep up the great work!!!
Old 02-02-2016, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
misguided attempt.
Duly noted.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Kevin, these rules are based loosely on UF1. 21.5 is the motor F1 runs up north at all tracks. I can't talk for this series, but it's doubtful it will change this season if they want locals to show. We have a big F1 following and all have agreed until there is more available motor options, everyone's agreed to stay with 21.5 as the standard. Anyone can run a 25.5 if they want.
Fully understand 21.5 is what Nor Cal is still running in F1. Just sharing that if the CTS series hopes to expand outside of Nor Cal or hopes to draw F1 racers from outside of Nor Cal that So Cal and Las Vegas are running 25.5. If you have a big local group in F1 and prefer 21.5, then that is good for your series if you get a good turnout of locals.

As for motor options, Schuur Speed, Trinity, Novak and Reedy all currently have a 25.5 motor. For TQ, So Cal RC Scale Series and 702 Raceway in Vegas, it is any 25.5 motor. For TCS, it is the Reedy 25.5 only with 12.5 rotor.

Panda
Old 02-03-2016, 03:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default CTS-California Touring Series

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Fully understand 21.5 is what Nor Cal is still running in F1. Just sharing that if the CTS series hopes to expand outside of Nor Cal or hopes to draw F1 racers from outside of Nor Cal that So Cal and Las Vegas are running 25.5. If you have a big local group in F1 and prefer 21.5, then that is good for your series if you get a good turnout of locals.

As for motor options, Schuur Speed, Trinity, Novak and Reedy all currently have a 25.5 motor. For TQ, So Cal RC Scale Series and 702 Raceway in Vegas, it is any 25.5 motor. For TCS, it is the Reedy 25.5 only with 12.5 rotor.

Panda
Good to know Kevin CBR thanks for the heads up. I'll try to cater to what most racers prefer and not just for a local thing. Again what we have going on here is to promote the local tracks that deserve national recognition and eventually move across the nation. We have a strong following of F1 racers out this way and want to continue the movement for the series. I'm working on the 2nd season of the series and will set motor rules based on what consensus decides for motor size. We encourage out of town racers to participate for the series and adapt to the minute changes. I personally run mod primarily but when I come down to certain tracks that only allow 13.5 due to track size, it is in my best interest to learn and adapt to theses changes. Racing is racing. Hope to see you and your friends compete for the CTS.

L.T.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I know 25.5 is the future for f1. I think ROAR and it's funky rules for 25.5 specs as Rick pointed out and lack of choices turned most locals off to changing right away. The resurgence of popularity locally in f1 is a more recent phenomenon{it wasn't because we switched to 25.5} With that initial investment being just made by most new guys, switching motors now is not a good idea. I am sure by the time this Series is ready to move south, the changes will have been implemented by local tracks, which dictate rules.

So do the motor manufacturers you mention meet the ROAR specs exactly? Stator and rotor requirements?

Panda
Old 02-03-2016, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Trying to make a few races in this series just to have an opportunity to see some new race tracks and meet some new people. Never ran solaris mediums tires. Can anyone compare the grip levels to sorex or powers rubber?
Old 02-03-2016, 09:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Panda
First you claim ROAR rules say F1 is 25.5, then you claim you run a number of motor brands that ARE NOT ROAR approved.
Very confusing to say the least........especially since ROAR has no rubber F1 rules and only one approved 25.5, motiv, which you don't even mention.

maybe we wait until somebody has written rules better than uf1 and more than one approved motor.

You may not know much about norcal but we have motors builders here, if we open to ANY 25.5, as you suggest, not roar approved, you are gonna have a crazy thick wire delta wound motor smoke everyone and since you have no roar approved motor rule, just the wild west, that makes no sense.

Now back to the series an no more agenda selling, thank you!

Old 02-03-2016, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by swerv512
Trying to make a few races in this series just to have an opportunity to see some new race tracks and meet some new people. Never ran solaris mediums tires. Can anyone compare the grip levels to sorex or powers rubber?
Hi Swerv512,

From my experience, the Sorex tire works great with the right inserts. Team Powers works better on Asphalt IMO. The Solaris Medium tire has a perfect combination. It has a nice wheel pattern, just the right amount of air gap, insert type and super long lasting tire performance. It actually gets better as you wear them in. Minimal scrubbing in is required for the Solaris Medium tires. You can purchase on raceday. Please EJ Evans upon arrival to the race track. See you and friends soon

L.T.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Gettin work done. Plaque design for the top finishers of the CTS "Season Opener" What place will you come in?

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Please welcome the ladies of CTS Bring your A-Game!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-03-2016, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice pics. OK, now back to racing. I remember reading something at the ROAR site about keeping racing affordable and avoiding brand names. You know, like stamping the ROAR lettering on motors or stamping rotor dims on output shafts. I've been looking for a ROAR motor and finding Novak seems to be the only one that is some what available and most stores are out of them and other brands aren't claiming that their motors are to ROAR specs. So, are we talking $100. motors just to find we won't be allowed to race them.
And by the way, what's the price of the tires going to be?
Old 02-03-2016, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1spunspur
Nice pics. OK, now back to racing. I remember reading something at the ROAR site about keeping racing affordable and avoiding brand names. You know, like stamping the ROAR lettering on motors or stamping rotor dims on output shafts. I've been looking for a ROAR motor and finding Novak seems to be the only one that is some what available and most stores are out of them and other brands aren't claiming that their motors are to ROAR specs. So, are we talking $100. motors just to find we won't be allowed to race them.
And by the way, what's the price of the tires going to be?
1spunspur check out www.r1wurks.com for Roar approved motors. They have a good selection of the motors most people up here run.

Solaris Tires will be $25 a set

L.T.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.