R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2016, 08:42 AM   #181
Tech Adept
 
spacendeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Voorhout, Netherlands
Posts: 241
Send a message via MSN to spacendeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BardSmith View Post
My rockin 4.0 at ROAR Nats...
Looks good!
__________________
Currently:
Serpent F110 SF2 with Hobbywing ETS setup.
Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0 with ETS Stock setup
Serpent S411 Eryx 3.0 with ETS Stock setup as rain car.
Serpent S120 LTR with 10.5 blinky mode.
spacendeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:49 AM   #182
Tech Adept
 
spacendeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Voorhout, Netherlands
Posts: 241
Send a message via MSN to spacendeman
Default

Here are some pics of my S411 4.0;

https://www.facebook.com/2speedbnl/p...73926349374355
__________________
Currently:
Serpent F110 SF2 with Hobbywing ETS setup.
Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0 with ETS Stock setup
Serpent S411 Eryx 3.0 with ETS Stock setup as rain car.
Serpent S120 LTR with 10.5 blinky mode.
spacendeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:46 PM   #183
Tech Master
 
BardSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Michael, MN
Posts: 1,166
Trader Rating: 61 (98%+)
Default

I'm thinking about listing my Eryx 4.0 for sale. It will come with the 2mm carbon fiber chassis and extras. Anyone interested?
__________________
"Bard"

On-Road Only!
BardSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:14 AM   #184
Tech Adept
 
The FastFred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLS View Post
I might be interested in one of those for my eryx 2.0 Fred. I'm in Canada, so if you are willing to ship to Canada via USPS pm me the price etc. Thanks!
I got the chassis, on has medium use the other used once at the Minreg race this winter in FLA. where in Canada... Give me a town as its a big country.
The FastFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 05:33 AM   #185
Tech Addict
 
Phoenix82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 576
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BardSmith View Post
I'm thinking about listing my Eryx 4.0 for sale. It will come with the 2mm carbon fiber chassis and extras. Anyone interested?

you have PM

Nick K
__________________
Desoto Racing|Novak|Airtronics
Phoenix82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:11 AM   #186
Tech Regular
 
Andy63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 398
Default

I have changed some things to this setup here https://andrefossto.wordpress.com/20...ly-good-setup/

Added 1,5 degrees toe-front
-1,5 front camber
removed 0,5 shim on all suspension brackets. Having 3mm instead of 3,5mm under front/rear bracket.
2mm on inside rear link arm, 4mm outside rear hub linkarm.
LTC-R Body, i tried Mazdaspeed 6 and it had slower laptimes, but not much, track is very tight. I think Dodge Dart might be the best. I will test more.
Also i went from 33pinion to 27/112 and that made the car much easier to drive! I didnt think gearing could do so much change.

One thing i tried was shimming more under inside link arms to give the car more roll. But this made the car sluggish and much slower compaired to earlier laptimes.

But the setup i posted in my blog plus the changes i wrote here makes the car able to push much harder on throttle and goes really good. But downside is that i think standard chassies wont go much faster then this, thats what i think. Should go faster on outdoor asphalt or bigger carpet tracks with medium traction.

Cheers// A.Fossto
__________________
www.andrefossto.wordpress.com|HOBBYWING |YOKOMO |HBracing |MIBOSPORT.COM |Reservdelsrc.com |Jockeli-Painting |
Andy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:31 PM   #187
Tech Regular
 
Andy63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 398
Default

Anyone here know the difference between 3.0 alu chassie and 4.0 alu chassie? Width, thickness, flex etc?
__________________
www.andrefossto.wordpress.com|HOBBYWING |YOKOMO |HBracing |MIBOSPORT.COM |Reservdelsrc.com |Jockeli-Painting |
Andy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:52 AM   #188
Tech Adept
 
Byronf1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Guatemala
Posts: 105
Default

Hi, when is recommended to use the split brackets? front ? and rear ?

I run on low-med traction track... concrete...
__________________
Serpent Project 4X - 748-TQ -S811 Be 2.1
Byronf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:03 PM   #189
Tech Adept
 
spacendeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Voorhout, Netherlands
Posts: 241
Send a message via MSN to spacendeman
Default

Split brackets are standard in the kit right?
Just put them on. Good for low / mid grip track
__________________
Currently:
Serpent F110 SF2 with Hobbywing ETS setup.
Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0 with ETS Stock setup
Serpent S411 Eryx 3.0 with ETS Stock setup as rain car.
Serpent S120 LTR with 10.5 blinky mode.
spacendeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:26 AM   #190
Tech Addict
 
Trez83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pottstown, PA - Bitches
Posts: 541
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I'm running a 3.0 in USGT and was wondering if anyone has a good set up for me to start with?
I run an old 411 Sport in VTA and tried my VTA set up but it is way too loose.
It's run on indoor carpet on a medium to large track with decent grip.

Any baseline setup help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
__________________
* Reflex Racing * Gizmo Racing * Team Desoto Racing *
Trez83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:52 PM   #191
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,264
Trader Rating: 312 (100%+)
Default

What's a good starting FDR for USGT? Medium size track.
__________________
Jermaine Mitchell
I laugh at serious racers acting like B****
Free Agent racing team. No sponsors needed.
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:18 AM   #192
Tech Adept
 
The FastFred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 198
Default The new 4.0 plus?.

Any of you hot shots see this.
No top deck and push rod suspension...

http://www.serpent.com/files/img/1234580522b.jpg
The FastFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:52 AM   #193
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 740
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy63 View Post
I have changed some things to this setup here https://andrefossto.wordpress.com/20...ly-good-setup/

Added 1,5 degrees toe-front
-1,5 front camber
removed 0,5 shim on all suspension brackets. Having 3mm instead of 3,5mm under front/rear bracket.
2mm on inside rear link arm, 4mm outside rear hub linkarm.
LTC-R Body, i tried Mazdaspeed 6 and it had slower laptimes, but not much, track is very tight. I think Dodge Dart might be the best. I will test more.
Also i went from 33pinion to 27/112 and that made the car much easier to drive! I didnt think gearing could do so much change.

One thing i tried was shimming more under inside link arms to give the car more roll. But this made the car sluggish and much slower compaired to earlier laptimes.

But the setup i posted in my blog plus the changes i wrote here makes the car able to push much harder on throttle and goes really good. But downside is that i think standard chassies wont go much faster then this, thats what i think. Should go faster on outdoor asphalt or bigger carpet tracks with medium traction.

Cheers// A.Fossto

Thanks Andy for sharing this information. As a nitro convert can you tell me what you mean by 'front bracket mod is in place?'
CDS70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:54 AM   #194
Tech Regular
 
Andy63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDS70 View Post
Thanks Andy for sharing this information. As a nitro convert can you tell me what you mean by 'front bracket mod is in place?'
What i mean is two 3,5 suspension bracket holders in front. They will widen the front so much that you slso need smaller wheel hexes to -0,75.
__________________
www.andrefossto.wordpress.com|HOBBYWING |YOKOMO |HBracing |MIBOSPORT.COM |Reservdelsrc.com |Jockeli-Painting |
Andy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:51 PM   #195
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 740
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

What shims do you put under both the brackets?
CDS70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:04 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net