Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Scoring Systems? Which one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

rc scoring pro #1 doug is a class act and if you ever have any questions or tech help he is quick to answer them.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, I have never even operated a scoring system, and I figured out RC Scoring Pro without even reading the instructions....

And tell me any company besides RC Scoring Pro, that has the software writer ANSWER his cell phone, to help you with any issues (once,was not even software related) and then rewrites the program to include a new feature! Doug has done it...

Later EddieO
Old 11-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
Well, I have never even operated a scoring system, and I figured out RC Scoring Pro without even reading the instructions....

And tell me any company besides RC Scoring Pro, that has the software writer ANSWER his cell phone, to help you with any issues (once,was not even software related) and then rewrites the program to include a new feature! Doug has done it...

Later EddieO
Old 11-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

We use Autoscore at our track at the moment. We are going to have an AMB system that supports personals by the spring. But I have played with the latest version of Autoscore and RC Scoring Pro. By far, RC Scoring Pro is the better one. Easier to use, more functions, and tech support. Doug even gives you his cell phone number in the program so that if ou are really stuck, call him. If you need something that isn't in the program, let him know. He'll write it into the program and send it to you. The local onroad club, as Kerry has stated, has purchased it as well. It's better than what they used to run as well.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

xxxkat. If I have to read the instructions to be able to use the program then it can't be very user friendly. Can it?
And I was talking about user friendly-ness not features or service.
EddieO could, but can any beginner sit down and operate the program. If you send me the newest version and I can use it without reading the instructions I'll withdraw my statement.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Go to www.rcscoringpro.com . Doug will send you a working Demo of the program. Put it on your computer and try it out. It's the easiest of the three programs that I use/have used. Hands down I think it's the best program on the market today.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
Go to www.rcscoringpro.com . Doug will send you a working Demo of the program. Put it on your computer and try it out. It's the easiest of the three programs that I use/have used. Hands down I think it's the best program on the market today.
Shhh. I'm teasing xxxkat.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Isn't that wasy to do?

I don't know XXXKat, I don't know you but I gotta play along now
Old 11-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Best is bbkRC
Old 11-13-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What makes bbkrc the best and what other systems have you used to make that statement???

just wondering because I dont hear much about that system.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

RC Scoring Pro. Look at how many major events have used it:

The Novak Race
The Reedy Race
IIC- Vegas
Wisconsin Touring Car Series
The All-Star Carpet Series
And, while not 100% sure, but I believe Snowbirds used it, as has ROAR, and IFMAR. Also used at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for timing and scoring during the Indy Spectacular races in May and August.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

I downloaded the BBK one and spent a few hours playing around with it. I didn't use it for any races, just trying to get it set up and enter in some drivers. To be perfectly honest with you, it has some nice thing like entering what car the guy is driving but actually trying to set that stuff up was a royal pain in the butt. I entered information in one section and it wouldn't come up in another section when it's looking for the same things.

No offence Terry but I'll stick with RC Scoring Pro.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you take the time to learn to use bbkRC you will find it can do just about anything you want it to. It's not just a race scoring program but a championship points system and a sophisticated 'backroom' with driver membership details, web updates, personal bests, track records and more...

The concept is to enter driver details in the 'drivers and cars' database and when you set up a meeting it 'reads in' the details for that meeting from the main database. If the main database is updated those details can be 'called in' to the competitiors database or it can be left for that particular meeting.

I've tried various programs over the years but none can do everything that bbkRC can do. To do so much it does need to be more involved. I'd rather have a 'royal pain in the..' that can do everything I want, than a simpler program that can't. If you want 'simple' and 'basic' then there's a lot more programs to choose from, but only one that can do it all. It too has been used by many major events and there is also excellent customer support available.

It's your choice. I choose bbkRC.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Terry,
We just downloaded the demo. We will try it out 11/16.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:02 AM
Tech Addict

I've just heard that DHI Cup will use software named Prolap. Link here I just hope you can understand Norwegian.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.