02-15-2016, 04:05 PM
Join Date: Jul 2003
Originally Posted by Martin Lissau
Hi Guys. Sorry for not responding the past weeks. We had a lot of work with ETS and all other stuff.
Thank you for all the questions. We will try to publish more information about the car at our website gizmoracing.com very soon.
At our facebook page gizmoracing you will find more pictures and information. There is also a short presentation about the car from ETS round 2.
To sum up some of your questions.
The gear mesh is adjusted by moving the motor up and down. One spur gears fits for 3 pinions. For the pro driver who always want to have the motor as low as possible the he will change the gearing by for example plus one teeth on the spur and minus one teeth on the pinions.
About price level we are aiming on the same price as a fully optioned Xray. So that would be around appox 675 €. Our car come with all the options there are needed to do proper racing. I made a small list of what will be included in a Gizmo GZ1:
- Miniature ball bearings as blade system.
- Fully aluminium steering mount and rack
- Carbon and Aluminium suspension arms
- High quality drive shaft. Double joints in front and single joint in rear
- High quality carbon, (German Quality). 2,15mm carbon chassis almost the same hardness as a aluminium chassis.
- carbon Steering arms.
- Aluminium uprights.
- Outdrives of high quality steel. Already lightned for minium rotation weight. No option needed.
This is just a short list. There will be a full presentation soon.
In fact we have tried to produce a car kit where no options is needed!!!
Has there been any consideration to having a basic kit avalible?